Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and welcome to my cinema! All you movie loving INFPs (and other types) are free to share trailers of movies you are looking forward to. Or maybe you want to show us your favorite ever movie scenes, share a memorable story about a movie going experience or maybe you just want to buy a big old bucket of popcorn! Like this one:

These are a few movies I can't wait to see:

and of course...

Now its your turn!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Not even joking, I actually had this same exact idea for a thread the other day! I'm glad you made it :D

I watch the trailer for Almost Famous pretty much once a week, as it's one of my favourite films of all time and I just love everything about it. The story, the soundtrack, the characters (especially Kate Hudson's) and the whole atmosphere... It's all perfect. And I've always been quite fascinated with rock music and rock stars, so it's really interesting to me. It's a movie that celebrates music, and I'm all here for that. Plus the fact that it's based on Cameron Crowe's own experiences is quite cool.

[video=dailymotion;xr8h33]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xr8h33_moulin-rouge-el-tango-de-roxanne_music[/video]

This is one of my favourite scenes from Moulin Rouge, I used to watch it on Youtube all the time until they removed the good quality version :)rolleyes:), and this is the best clip I could find. But anyway, I love the intensity and the emotions in this scene, it's so powerful and captivating. Also the way it's been cut to go with the music is just beautiful, I like how they switch between Nicole Kidman's and Evan Mcgregor's characters so swiftly. Moulin Rouge was the first movie that really made an impact on me, I was in a weird bubble for about two weeks after seeing it, and it still is one of my favourites.

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, another one of my all time favourites. I love the whole look of the movie, the 60s style and the bright pastel colours are so pleasing to my eye. The story is really simple, but it's told in such a graceful manner it never fails to make me cry. Also, the music is gorgeous. And so is Catherine Deneuve. If I could choose what I look like, I would be Catherine Deneuve in the Umbrellas of Cherbourg.

500 Days of Summer is so great. The way they tell the story is pretty unique and sweet, and it also allows you to watch the film again and again without getting bored, because you can always find new details you missed the last time. I like the humour in this movie, and the way the main character fails to see the reality is quite relatable to me. Once again, the soundtrack is amazing and the music goes very well with the scenes. Also, I would kill for Zooey Deschanel's hair.

I love Amélie, the whole movie is full of creativity and happiness, and it always makes me feel really inspired and just excited about life! Also, the soundtrack is fantastic (I feel like I'm starting to repeat myself, lol) and Yann Tiersen is a genius.

I guess I like movies with good music and lots of emotions... And I also like talking about them, I could seriously go on and on but I'm gonna stop here.

·
Registered
177 Posts
also, opening scene from werckmeister harmonies is one of my favourites. I was so emotionally moved when I first saw it, add to that the discovery that one of my favourite music albums (they have escaped the weight of darkness by olafur arnalds) was inspired by this scene :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Just discovered the trailer for the new Terrence Malick film!

I've seen all his movies and I really like the style he developed in The Thin Red Line, The Tree of Life and The New World.

Reactions: yippy

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Fabulous :) Great clips and trailers are being shared. Keep them coming :)

Reactions: Thread Killer

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
also, opening scene from werckmeister harmonies is one of my favourites. I was so emotionally moved when I first saw it, add to that the discovery that one of my favourite music albums (they have escaped the weight of darkness by olafur arnalds) was inspired by this scene :)

Second this, I was simply blown away by this scene.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yay! Cinema :)
Some favs off the top of my head:

Everyone should watch Robert bresson's au hasard balthazar imo

Au hasard Balthazar <3
Anne Wiazemsky is my favorite female actress of all time, and this film is brilliant

Speaking of Bresson, I also highly recommend L' argent, Le diable probablement, and Quatre nuits d'un rêveur.

Un homme qui dort is fantastic as well, I've been meaning to look more into Bernard Queysanne.

Another recommendation:

L' ange, 1982, directed by Patrick Bokanowski, 64 min.

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A few more movies I am really interested in. I really hope the cinema where I work will show the following few movies..

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Au hasard Balthazar <3
Anne Wiazemsky is my favorite female actress of all time, and this film is brilliant

Speaking of Bresson, I also highly recommend L' argent, Le diable probablement, and Quatre nuits d'un rêveur.

Un homme qui dort is fantastic as well, I've been meaning to look more into Bernard Queysanne.

Another recommendation:

L' ange, 1982, directed by Patrick Bokanowski, 64 min.
Looks interesting.

Some more avant-garde films:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Au hasard Balthazar <3
I don't think I'll ever forget au hasard balthazar...it is one of those films that stay with you forever.
I like Anne too (haven't seen much by her tho...teorema and sth else) but setsuko hara easily steals the title of my favorite actress of all time :th_love:
L' argent, Le diable probablement, and Quatre nuits d'un rêveur.
Four nights a dreamer is my second fav bresson :)

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Fav scene from my fav movie.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts