Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have questions for you.

1. How it feels to be you?
  2. What things that makes you depressed?
  3. As a Thinker, how do you view people?
  4. How do you show your love to your significant other?
  5. What do you think/feel about Feelers?
  6. Have you ever want to be a Feeler?
  7. Will you have a Feeler as your significant other?
  8. What do you think/feel Feelers should know about you?

Now, please answer it.
And remember, all trolls will be deleted. You DO NOT mess in MY thread.
(Yes, I am threatening you)

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Me first.

How it feels to be a Thinker?
Usually, my mood swings between calm and happy, even in a chaos situation, so that’s good. I never feel depressed more than 3 hours. I never think of killing myself. I feel that I’m a rational and logical person. I feel that I am able to control my emotions and not letting it affecting my life or my judgment on people or specific person. I feel I can do anything I want if I put maximum effort in it. So generally, I feel good about myself.

What things that makes you depressed?
Lack of money. That’s all.

As a Thinker, how do you view people?
I think people misunderstand me most of the times. Although that doesn’t bother me, it’s still pissing me off when they start to treat me differently and unfairly because of that misunderstanding.

How do you show your love to your significant other?
I say it loudly (not literally, but in term that I’m not afraid of letting other people know how much I love him). I support him in everything he does. I accept him for what he is. I get overprotective. I serve him like he’s my king and I’m his loyal servant. And I let him lead me, even when I know that I could lead better than him.

What do you think/feel about Feelers?
Lame, ridiculous, easily gets insulted, crybaby, whiny, and too much sweet the small stuff.

Have you ever wanted to be a Feeler?
Nope.

Will you have a Feeler as your significant other?
No, thanks.

What do you think/feel Feelers should know about you?

• I often use cruel or cold-blooded words, not because I mean it, but because it’s more easy, simple and efficient. So don’t grab my WORDS, grab my POINT.
  • Stop pushing your moral values on me. I have my own brain, my own mind, my own opinion, and my own way of life. If it’s against your moral values, it doesn’t mean that I’m wrong and you’re right. There are always 2 sides (or more) of a story.
  • Stop telling me how you feel about your problems…OVER, and OVER, and OVER again. Your constant unbalance emotions are NOT my concern. My only concern is how to SOLVE the problem, the real issue. Do not come to me if you need sympathy or empathy or affirmation for how you feel about your problems. But I will be there for you when you need my help to solve your problems.
  • Don’t waste your time to giving me your boring compliments. I know you’re giving the SAME compliments to EVERYONE. That’s lame. The more you repeat the same compliments, the more I disbelieve you.
  • If I gets angry because I disagree with you, that doesn’t mean I don’t love you anymore. You just push my button, that's all. I’ll get cool in a moment and everything will be okay. Don’t be so sensitive and don’t take it too personally.
However, some of my best friends are Feelers and they are all awesome. Well, sometimes I yell and say cruel things to them when they’re being whiny and all, but still… I love them very much (they know this) and I definitely will do ANYTHING for them (they don’t know this, don’t tell them!).

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

It feels good, I hate talking about myself and my problems, I dont like to draw too much attention to myself. I overanalyze a lot of things, I like to see all sides of a problem.

I get depressed over not being able to get my worklife and private life. I get depressed when I cant control my thoughts and feelings.

I see them as needed for having a good life, living completely alone would not be good for me. But some people I could live with out though.

Hmmm, I tell them I love them, I do things for them, support them in their struggles, gives them suggestions, offers them a different perspective.

I am drawn to a different perspective and have many "aha" moment with them. What I do have a problem with is the unhealthy feelers that sometimes can be whining, feel hurt when not intended to, use crying as a tool to get attention and so on.

There was a time where I thought I was INFP but really Im not. And Im happy being a thinker.

I could see that, Kiersey suggests ENFJ for the INTP and I think thats a very good match.

Im not an unfair man because I bring another perspective on things.
I struggle with emotions and sometimes dont know what to do about them.
I dont think Im better than feelers even if I can be a little condescending to you.
What you might look as cold is just an exterior, I am actually quite mushy on the inside.
That I value fairness over mercy dont mean I cant be merciful.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am all kinds of awesome.
  1. What things that makes you depressed?
People who make crap decisions, and people who are unable to make a decision.
  1. As a Thinker, how do you view people?
With my eyes.
  1. How do you show your love to your significant other?
Thats between me and her.
  1. What do you think/feel about Feelers?
Most are fine, a very very small 3 or 4 are really irritating. I would give the same answer for thinkers.
  1. Have you ever want to be a Feeler?
Meh, I have feelings, I am simply capable of controlling them in a responsible manner.
  1. Will you have a Feeler as your significant other?
My significant other is a thinker.
  1. What do you think/feel Feelers should know about you?
People in general should only know about me what I make publically (or privately to them) visible.

·
Registered
493 Posts
It feels good... pretty darn good should I say. Up to the point that I can be arrogant or cocky on some occasions. Reason why I often try to avoid talking too much about myself, what I do, what I enjoy, etc. People often give me a look of "pfft smartass" and the like that I hate... so yeah =). People that get to know me appreciate me, and avoid getting out of my life (unless I really just push them away)...

See why I don't like talking about myself? =P I just sounded cocky

1. What things that makes you depressed?
Fear of failure. Just right now, I feel a little overwhelmed that I'm about to get my bachelors degree, and I still don't know what I want to do for a living. Then I read on how some famous person started becoming famous/popular/really smart when he was freaking 15, and I get kind of depressed that I was still playing play station while being 15. Sometimes I just wanna feel as smart as those guys, and I feel like I'm falling behind.

1. As a Thinker, how do you view people?
Really interesting to analyze... and I often feel like they analyze me hahaha, but that's out of paranoia cause I often do it. MBTI gave me a stronger tool to do so =). It's just cool to see how different people react under same circumstances, and how some people react the same when they've never met each other.

1. How do you show your love to your significant other?
I... tend to be not a bad lover to be honest. I can show love easily, and my love eyes are a dead giveaway. I do not go for expensive or flashy things, but instead things that I would they would matter for her... things she wanted as a child, something about a song she loves, something that makes her go back about a moment... it's all about the essence of what you do.

1. What do you think/feel about Feelers?
I love them, but sometimes I can be overwhelmed by them. They often react TOO bad to criticism, and again think you are cocky, when you really aren't... you are just pointing out the truth!!! Hahaha they make me mad sometimes about how uncompromising they can be, but they are fine nonetheless. They are extremelly good companions, and someone you want on your side when you are mad (providing they are calm)

1. Have you ever want to be a Feeler?
Hmmm nah, not really. I like being right =)

1. Will you have a Feeler as your significant other?
Definetely... I've only liked feelers to be honest

1. What do you think/feel Feelers should know about you?
Sorry if I sound harsh and judgemental, I just don't like Bullshit =)

Reactions: WickedQueen

·
Registered
314 Posts

1. How it feels to be you? I'm a pretty optimistic person. I'm also pretty fearless. People end up thinking I have an easier life than I really do mainly because I very rarely get stressed and I don't dwell on problems. My theory is that problems are meant to be resolved. I dwell on them long enough to understand them and use this understanding to brainstorm solutions.

1. What things that makes you depressed? I don't get depressed often. Usually it's from when my plans to reach a goal don't work. For instance I was unemployed the last 11 months (just found a new job YAY) and every now and again I'd get depressed - especially the time a month ago I came so close to getting the job. It was between me and another person. The hiring manager even called me at 9 PM to tell me that they chose the other person but they really liked me :sad: to be that close to a position I wanted and not be chosen was heartbreaking. I spent a few days crying and then a thought came to me "Maybe this means I'm getting closer.Don't give up yet". And the next day I got over it, and applied to the position I have now :laughing:

1. As a Thinker, how do you view people? I find people interesting. I like talking to them, some more than others. I'm usually interested in finding out what people want out of life.

1. How do you show your love to your significant other? I'm physically affectionate :cool:,I like spending quality time with them, personalized gifts done with humor or some degree of sentiment, goofy nicknames (not necessarily pet names).

1. What do you think/feel about Feelers? Sweet people but sometimes for the Fi people I want to shake them and say "not everything is about you". The Fe people I sometimes want to shake and say "everyone doesn't have to get along ALL the time. Sometimes people NOT getting along and confronting that is the only way to make things better".. The majority of the time I feel very protective of my F friends because I know how sensitive they can be. If someone is an asshole to an F friend (or a T friend for that matter) and I'm around and I know that friend won't stick up for themselves then I'll step in as a proxy :angry:

1. Have you ever want to be a Feeler? Hell no.

1. Will you have a Feeler as your significant other? I'm dating an INFP at the moment. Like any relationship it has its ups and downs. One of the main points of contention is our different ideas of closeness. He basically wants me to smother him (his words) because my idea of smothering is probably only 50% of his idea :crazy:

1. What do you think/feel Feelers should know about you? Not everything I say hypothetically or in general terms applies to you specifically, so don't take it personally. Also I need a list of all the issues/topics you are sensitive about. I'm not a mind reader and I don't walk on egg shells. Oh yeah, stop trying to tell me how I feel and why because 99% of the time you are wrong.. Heck F's are oftentimes wrong about what they are feelings and the motives behind that, so it can be annoying when they try and apply that to someone else.

·
MOTM Aug 2010
1,412 Posts
  1. How it feels to be you? Though I can't always control what's around me, I am always in control of myself.
  2. What things that makes you depressed? Failure.
  3. As a Thinker, how do you view people? As tools that can be useful.
  4. How do you show your love to your significant other? Affection and attention.
  5. What do you think/feel about Feelers? They can give me balance, but they can be annoying at times, especially when they are overprotective or overreact to things.
  6. Have you ever want to be a Feeler? Not really.
  7. Will you have a Feeler as your significant other? Possibly. You never know what may happen.
  8. What do you think/feel Feelers should know about you? There are very few people in this world that I even dislike, let alone hate. I disapprove of actions more so than of the people who did them.

·
Registered
676 Posts
How it feels to be you?
Let's just say I'm complicated.

Failing to accomplish a goal, making a mistake, feeling like I didn't do my best, seeing the worst in humanity and wondering if we will be ok in the future.

I'm often a little lost about people motivations and the meaning of their actions.

Physical affection, verbal assurance of my feelings for them, sharing my inner most thoughts with them, making a place for them in my life, supporting them how I can in their life.

They confuse me sometimes.

Have you ever want to be a Feeler?

No, but I have wanted to develop my feeling side more and have.

I would, yes. Feelers have taught me a lot about myself and others.

That I have feelings just like them, but that I don't express them or think about them in the same ways.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
How it feels to be you?

I enjoy certain aspects of myself and despise others. I'm in a constant state of frustration and stress.

I am depressed by the things i cannot control. For example, being hounded for reports at work that are nearly meaningless. Being told im empowered to make decisions, but when i do they are discarded immediately after everyone agrees on their benefits. Basically, when no one listens to me.

People are stupid, individuals are smart. I like people to define their roles not only in the work place but also in interpersonal. Once there is a defined role there must be communication and honesty. I don't like knowing that someone's eyes tell me more about who they are then their words.

The most direct method is physical. Wanting to be around them, holding hands, hand on the lower back, that sort of thing. Indirect, asking for their opinion in decisions that are otherwise meaningless. Should i eat the banana or the cookie? I'm not looking for a discussion, just a decision.

I haven't decided, so i can't answer this question yet.

No, but i have wanted to understand feelers better and to understand/cope with my own emotions better.

Most likely. Its been the trend so far. They compliment my personality.

Communicate with me. Be direct, i miss all the subtleties. Ask me direct questions so i can give you direct answers.

·
Registered
398 Posts
  1. How it feels to be you? It feels great to be me, i am better than everybody else, i enjoy my life and cant wait for the next day.
  2. What things that makes you depressed? Failure
  3. As a Thinker, how do you view people? About 25% of the people in the world are worth my while.
  4. How do you show your love to your significant other? I have not had a serious relationship yet so IDK.
  5. What do you think/feel about Feelers? They are stupid (at times) and actually think everybody will offer them sympathy.
  6. Have you ever want to be a Feeler? HELL NO
  7. Will you have a Feeler as your significant other? I don't think so but, as Descartes said "nothing is certain"
  8. What do you think/feel Feelers should know about you? IF you are looking for sympathy don't look to me to come to your aid.

·
Registered
253 Posts
How it feels to be you?
I am constantly analysing often to the point where things that are going on in the world escape my notice. I am fairly laid back & don't concern myself too much with other peoples' business. I am heavily introspective & have been since I was little. I am aware of my good & bad points & accept who I am.

What things make you depressed?
I don't get depressed often & I can't think of anything that does at the moment, sorry :mellow:

As a Thinker how do you view people?
As I have already said I am constantly analyzing & that includes people & their behaviour. I don't have a need to be around them all the time. And they never fail to surprise me.

Don't have one so couldn't tell you.

I have Feeler friends & I get on with them fine. I probably wouldn't like the unhealthy ones.

I have some Feeler in me but I'm happy to be primarily a Thinker.

Yes of course. Why not?

Just don't expect me to get worked up about things in the way that you do.

·
mafia mod
13,335 Posts

1. How it feels to be you? Great. I love to ponder,analyze and explore.
2. What things that makes you depressed? Lack of money and time.

3.As a Thinker, how do you view people? As naive, and generally gullible

4. How do you show your love to your significant other? Dont have one at the moment,
5. What do you think/feel about Feelers? Overly sensitive and emotional. Longwinded and bursting wth too much energy.
  1. Have you ever want to be a Feeler? Hell no
  2. Will you have a Feeler as your significant other? Yes, but a low "F" number. I scored a 100% on the "T" and while balance is good a high "F" maybe a bit too much.
  3. What do you think/feel Feelers should know about you? Dont judge me just because dont get emotonal and dont assume I dont care. I do care, but prefer to take a logical, analytical approach.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I rather like this Thinking thing. It's...convenient.

The three most common sources of depression for me seem to be (a) feeling useless and/or evil, (b) the existence of evil and corruption, and (c) existence itself. Rarely do actual circumstances actually upset me for more than a couple of hours.

Evil, corrupt, and rotten are the first words that come to mind. I'm currently trying to work on my chronic misanthropy a bit.

I don't have one of those, and I don't intend to get one unless incredible circumstances should rear their heads. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "love", since there are many different kinds. I express each one differently, and there are some that I am not willing to express at all because I hate them.

I sort of like certain kinds of Feelers. I've found that they often have refreshingly different perspectives and that they're fascinating creatures to study.

I was kind of disappointed the first time I realized I was a Thinker (for reasons I can't quite remember), but I very much like being a Thinker now.

Well, I'm already kind of hesitant about the whole "love and marriage" thing. I guess there are certain kinds of Feelers I'd be willing to marry...probably. I don't know.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER, YOU BLOOMING IDIOTS. Believe it or not, I'm pretty much fine right now, excpet for certain issues that are completely unrelated to what you're assuming is my problem. Besides, you have no idea how to make me feel better in the first place, unless you're one of my siblings. Erm...apart from all that, you should know that I am not interested in making friends for no reason, and you need to stop trying to drag me into your little circles. I see no benefit in being emotionally connected with other human beings. You see, I don't need a "shoulder to cry on" or any such crap. All emotional relationships are reserved for my family and them alone. But maybe this particular pointless rant is something that I ought to be aiming at Extroverts rather than Feelers? I don't know...

·
Registered
680 Posts

1. How it feels to be you? -- lonely sometimes
2. What things that makes you depressed? -- not moving forward with my goals, life being uncooperative, having nothing to look forward to, the feeling of nothingness...
3. As a Thinker, how do you view people? -- as potential activity-friends, emotionally-helpful-friends, intellectual-friends, the package-deal friends, family, the rest are just a mass of people, I guess
4. How do you show your love to your significant other? -- no "love" right now, but I can be very affectionate when comfortable, or I go out of my way to do nice things for/plan nice outings with them.
5. What do you think/feel about Feelers? -- Fellers make me feel better about actually having feelings :happy:. I might feel bad for feeling a certain way and they make me feel like it is normal to be like that. They make me want to curl up in their arms (if it's a guy, of course, or my mom haha) and hide from the world.
6. Have you ever want to be a Feeler? -- No, but I'd like to be more comfortable sharing my feelings.
7. Will you have a Feeler as your significant other? -- Maybe. I have dated several F men, only loved one, haven't decided yet. More attracted to introverted Ts.
8. What do you think/feel Feelers should know about you? -- don't know

·
Banned
451 Posts
This thread pisses me off

A disguised, weasel sucker punch to feelers

I, in my ignorant past, may have road this punk thread, but after interacting and clocking feelers on this site, I says you Wicked Queen, are a twisted hater

Feelers in one day suffer more pain then I suffer in a week. (MMA training and irresponsible construction work)

They shoulder this burden because they are the keepers of our flame. They are the warmth of humanity and no matter what shit they may go through, usually at the hands of thinkers, they are more often then not noble in their warmth during suffering and after the dust settles whereas thinkers most often turn ruthless, cold and reptilian during the same such times.

They suffer to carry the flame

They are deserving of respect

You are now on my radar

·
Read Only
2,446 Posts
How it feels to be you?

Why would anyone want to know this? I don't spend much time thinking about it really. I look inward and tend not to see anything. What I do see isn't worth talking about. Those who know me very well dislike how I handle my inner self... but it's what I know, and I don't care.

Last thing was coming back from a year over seas to a broken home, and a wife that took my daughter and left me. It doesn't last long, and is a very rare state for me to be in. I handle things that bother me before things get too bad.

They're just people. Most of them seem to be struggling, and they solider on anyway. I admire the way some people can pick themselves up and just keep going despite what life throws at them. I like to help out when I can.

Lots of ways... usually tailored to what the individual values. I simply want to express how I feel about them, and that I care... the method is unimportant to me in the sense that I don't have to do it a certain way, I'd rather do it in a way that means the most to the person receiving the attention.

They're people... pretty much the same as above. There's things I dont like, but then there's things I don't like about pretty much everything. I don't let it bother me, and if something comes up... I'll deal with it.

Could you please rephrase the question in the form of puppies? I'm content being me. If I want something, I work for it till I get it. I've spent some time developing my feeling side. I'd say it's been worth the effort, though I'm not done by any means. I'll always be growing.

I did... it had it's good moments. I would not mind spending time with a thinker. But I think I would prefer someone balanced. I know an ISFP who is pretty much awesome. I'd likely be quite happy with someone like her in my life. I think it would be better to say that I'd consider anyone who is healthy, and understands and values the concepts of commitment and fidelity.

Two things: One, that I ran out of colors because there was one too many questions. And two, that they're welcome to anything they can figure out, or have the nerve to ask.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I have questions for you.

1. I'm very balanced, I guess, so I'm pretty neutral. But I can go from happy to mad in 2.03 seconds if you push the right buttons.
2. Loneliness, stress, my period...
3. I mostly reserve opinions on people unless I love or hate them. It's usually because I don't know them very well, and I just rely on my first impressions of people.
4. What significant other?
5. Whether someone's an F or not is irrelevent to what I think of them.
6. Sometimes. But I like little ole' me.
7. Why not?
8. Just ask, 'cause I don't think there's anything interesting enough to include.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts

I, in my ignorant past, may have road this punk thread, but after interacting and clocking feelers on this site, I says you Wicked Queen, are a twisted hater

Feelers in one day suffer more pain then I suffer in a week. (MMA training and irresponsible construction work)

They shoulder this burden because they are the keepers of our flame. They are the warmth of humanity and no matter what shit they may go through, usually at the hands of thinkers, they are more often then not noble in their warmth during suffering and after the dust settles whereas thinkers most often turn ruthless, cold and reptilian during the same such times.

They suffer to carry the flame

They are deserving of respect

You are now on my radar
I don't agree with you, but I definitely give you props for your noble intentions and you standing up for what you believe. +Respect bro

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Do you really think that I care with what you think about me? LOLOLOLOL

You are now on my radar
So? I'm always in everyone's radar. If you haven't notice, I'm a famous person, online and in real life. :cool:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
How it feels to be you?
Don't have a reference point, sorry. The way it feels to be me is the only way I've ever felt.

The sad state of my family lately. What with everyone dying, moving out of the country or being hospitalized in a psych ward. I'm practically the only one left in hundreds of kilometers.

No reference point. People... yeah, people exist. They're... there?

Not really much experience here. When I was in the position to, I liked to spew out sappy romantic drivel and/or just be there.

Just people, like anyone else.

Not really. I suppose it would be nice to be able to relate to others more but I don't like the idea of the downsides.

I'm not psychic. Who knows? I have no intention of using MBTI for picking partners or friends. We'll see what the future brings.

I don't know. To not see or invent insults in my words? I think that could apply to anyone.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts