Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I was gonna leave off the smiley, but I felt that'd be too rude and abrupt[which I can be alot i guess if I don't go into 'nicey nice' mode so I don't drop a bomb into a bunch of peoples' sea of emotions])
Hey there. I've been putting this off for probably a few months, but now I am finally in enough of an "I seriously don't care," truest to myself when not anxious mode to acctually do it. I type as a stereotypical INTJ on sites like 16personalities that don't go off of functions, but I am also fully aware that sites without a basis in functions can be utter crap :p and I hate inaccuracies |D So, I tried keys2cognition's test, and I test as an INFJ there, with a high Ti. I agreed with this and so took it's results as accurate; but, as I am one who highly doubt my own accuracy at who I am(if someone purely says 'tell me about yourself', I swear, I'd probably only be able to say I'm sarcastic, gay(really really really gay), anime obsessed, and an RPer, and that's it) as well as someone to question things in general. I'll try to keep this as brief as possible; even in a "quick chat" with anyone, usually friends, I will end up writing probably 500-1000+ words on average per reply. I sincerely appologize in advance for any typoes or misspellings; they are merely because I was either too lazy to read through everything five times, did not have the time, or a combination of both. I also appologize that this is all clumped together and isn't organized better than it is, especially in the case of a dyslexic person or otherwise possibly reading this.

Please, give me reasoning, grounding, and explain as best you can you you come to your conclusions. I wouldn't just want unexplained answers; I will be neither convinced or satisfied with such answers.

I am fifteen(sixteen soon enough) and female & genderfluid(although my gender is usually primarily female), if it means anything. Let's start this text-block party, shall we?

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I believe I already covered this above *ahem* mostly I just want human input. Another thing is just how much I search for logic more than something to empathize with(although I have no doubt I do so pretty well when I want to, and such. I had a book here, but since it's only the start of this I will hold off).

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
By yearn for, do you mean my personal goals? My ideal career? My dream residence? Or just in general anything important to me? I will assume the latter purely due to the vague nature of the question.

Well, ideally, I'd love to find my perfect wife(I try not to dream exactly how she'll be; it's hard, but what if it keeps me from missing her because I was so set on one idea? The only thing I am fairly set on is her being as feminine as I, I'm simply not attracted to masculinity) and move to Japan where I could try to focus on trying to become a successful mangaka. I will have a back-up degree in either psychology or an undecided science, as well as my knowledge of computers. I will likely do those things on the side as well, as those are things I tend to enjoy, just not enough to make them the primary focus of my dream career. I'd also love to breed cats; possibly create my own breed, but otherwise I do have some other breeds in mind.

Ideally, my manga will be entertaining, successful, unique, and hopefully they will influence people for the better.

As in reguards to now as well as the future, I hope to retain my good grades and graduate early, be able to enjoy the things I love, and keep my closest friends, in spite of some current complications. I'd reather not get into that, but I love having people who can finally understand me and I can let them understand me and I can trust them and all that...

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Uhhhh... Well, I'm not quite sure. There are many repetitive things that make me feel well, but none are outstandingly singular. Either helping my best friend(I'm really happy when people trust me and I can help them, but I usually will only be like this if you're someone really important to me, or something about you and your situation clicks with me for some reason), when I get recognition(such as a time on tumblr when my art got 30+ notes, or on devART when my art gets alot of faves. It makes me feel accomplished, appreciated, and inspires me to keep going; it tells me I can achieve my dream. I have a severe lack of confidence with my art, and while I have story downpacked, I fear my art will hold me back), or when I win things, or when people acknowledge my intelegence in an honest, provable way(not just 'wow, you're smart', in other words). More common things are just... Talking to my friends after a long day of everyone stressing me out, having someone to talk to and such.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Losing, following others' orders(specifically when I can't find my own reasoning and logic to them, or I could have done better), the idea of being seperated from my friends(did I mention how much someone I acctually let be emotionally close to me means to me? It takes ALOT for me to honestly trust someone so much as especially my best friend. I'd be such an absolute mess...), not getting to make my own decisions, people underestimating my abilities(namely mental), and such. When I feel even slightly inferior it absolutely enrages me, if not obvious enough by the things that make me feel inferior; most of the said things are connecte dinferioirity itself, right? I cannot tolerate it.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I believe decisions should be made with mind to others as well as pros & cons and logical thinking. Sometimes, otherwise, it is possible to get blinded by just empathy; but without it, there can be a recoil. In a general account, someone's feelings can get a little hurt for a long term benefit of everyone or the majority, however I often mask my aggressive, rude personality from the public for many reasons(mostly I just don't wish to disrupt things -- even if another part of me is very competitive and likes to!), even if it might come out at times. People such as my mother sometimes complain about how I am, meanwhile they don't realize how considerate I'm already being. I am dulling so many knives and using so many tools to renovate an oddly shaped, neon house on a cookie cutter block to look even close to an average house. However I think even if the interior of the house will keep it's odd furniture and neon colors, it's still a nice house; the people allowed there will certainly feel welcome, I hope, in spite of it's oddities. I got kind of off track here... Very, off track... But I hope to get the point accross that I am by default logic driven(even if I'm unsure where said logic comes from half the time, it is 99% of the time reliable. I have a hard fime accepting many concepts of one logic without merging them or idealizing one), but sometimes caught by my consoderation of others. If on the grounds of a purely considerate decision, such as reaching out to a person in a poor mental state, I will listen to my considerate side most definately.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Well, I get an image of what I want(more automatic than concious alot of the time. Sometimes I just have ideas just...there), think a bit to see if it makes sense, and find ways to do it? I'm sorry, I'm really bad at explaining my process. Absolutely terrible. I would have a hard time explaining even textbook mathematical processes to get an answer even if I knew it by heart.

Do I like to have control of the outcome? I either need it or absolutely cannot have any other humans influencing the outcome of my own project and let it develop all on it's own(honestly, I much rather work on my own with my own ideas so much more than in a group where people don't entrust me with leadership, or just in general). If I was wrong, I will freak out. When I work on my art, if my vision is slightly imperfect in execution, and I mess up ever so slightly, I can go so far as breaking down crying and angry for hours, and feeling seriously lost. In more academic or challenge based things, I need to be right. I will be set on making the outcome proof of my right-ness, or if it was a solo experiment, while I'll have trouble getting over the fact I was wrong in my predictions, I will try to understand why I was wrong and learn from it. I will look through the process again, and pick out where I went wrong.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
A time when I had lots of fun? From when? My early childhood? Recently? In between? That's quite vague, please clarify if what I say isn't good enough. If you're testing my for my memory abilities as I'm assuming, at times I can have a photographic memory, and I remember every single lyric of a song from a children's halloween movie I loved around the ages of 4-6 and have not seen the said movie in quite some time.

If you're asking for what I enjoy, a person's interests change over time, so I see no point in asking for a specific "fun time" from memories; I feel as if I would end up writing my life's story thus far of hobbies and interests and even some nice conversations and such. If this is what is needed, I will comply, but for now it's too vague and unreasonable for me to accept at this time.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Really, all of the above? I first enjoy taking things in and literally pulling things apart, reconstructing them, theorizing usually right before then, and then use this all to memorize it.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Extremely. I enjoy orginization of my thoughts as well as belongings. I will memorize the exact order of my box of pastel pencils and if they are thrown out of line I will rearrange them until they are right. I take some pride in my orginization skills, personally, but this could be because many members of my family are not so.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Things need to make sense to me. Speaking in the sense of a situation or theory or object or statement, i will oull it apart, find flaws and make my own more proper version or simply reject it. I like sorting things out on my own in general, and it takes alot for me to ask for help. *ahem* But generally, I will trust my own judgement on things far more than require an external source to support me. Sometimes, I will gather outlying evidence, but this is not for my own confidence. It is because I know people can and will doubt me on my own, and so I have back up just in case it does get to that point.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
To be brief, I can't be unconcerned about what opinions and beliefs others hold; not because of my own personal opinions, it's just that alot of people have alot of beliefs I do not think should exist and are both illogical and damaging. If that's what you're asking. I also don't just go everywhere doing everything I want for me, if it's not obvious enough by me masking my personality as previously mentioned.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think very much before speaking, and prefer one on one discussions.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I will absolutely think before doing. There is so much I have been thinking about for literally probably over a year and contemplating. Sometimes I think so much before doing that it becomes a bit of a hold back, but it usually works in my favor; you'd never find me doing anything absolutely mindless.

Sometimes words are an action; if the words are meant, they mean as much as an action. Likewise, a halfhearted action means as much as empty words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Well, on one hand all my favorite shows are streamed at any time, they're all anime :p but likewise, *my* friends would all rather sit home watching anime than have a night out on the town and I know that for a fact; so hey, why not just get them to watch the anime with me? ;D

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Either avoidant, angry, or... You'd never know because I'd hide it sometimes.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When people act rashly or illogically to the point of it being potentially dangerous, when they try to control me, or when they can't understand or won't try to be considerate, or are ignorant, or are hypocrites, or are bigoted

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Psychology and anime/manga, and Vocaloid, and LGBT+ politics, and science(or things I interperate as similar to a science), and theories to the meanings behind things like a specific anime, etc.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?(<- you forgot the question mark there)
Uhhhhh... To be perfectly honest, I'm not quite sure.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Honestly, I don't know. I've never asked them and I'd feel too weird doing so.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Hmmm, I'd watch anime, listen to vocaloid, make some art, honestly I'd be really interested in a paleontology dig but how would I do that? and talk to my few friends.

·
Registered
349 Posts
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Really, all of the above? I first enjoy taking things in and literally pulling things apart, reconstructing them, theorizing usually right before then, and then use this all to memorize it.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Things need to make sense to me. Speaking in the sense of a situation or theory or object or statement, i will oull it apart, find flaws and make my own more proper version or simply reject it. I like sorting things out on my own in general, and it takes alot for me to ask for help. *ahem* But generally, I will trust my own judgement on things far more than require an external source to support me.

Definitely Ti. Honestly, I just don't see any Fe. I say probably IxTP--but INTP more so.
But I'm very new at typing, and don't even know my own type that well, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely Ti. Honestly, I just don't see any Fe. I say probably IxTP--but INTP more so.
But I'm very new at typing, and don't even know my own type that well, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Thank you for your input, I will take it into account. c:
Honestly, I personally feel the questions are all general or not really geared towards finding Fe in people. I would assume a Fe dom or someone with a weak Ti would show it more, but the reason I wouldn't say I lack it is because I hear IxTx, or Fi primaries, generally don't have the ability to tell what people are feeling very well or can't "feel with" people, and I'm generally told I'm /really/ good at helping & comforting people when I so choose.
Also, I'd like to know, why Ne > Ni? While I go back and forth in debate myself, I mainly picked Ni before because I do tend to see *alot* coming before anyone else will, to the point where many "plot twists" that honestly get some people are expected, and I'm honestly confused by how people don't comsider it predictable. And alot of other similar things; but I'm sure you get the point. Do Ne users experence this as well?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thank you for your input, I will take it into account. c:
Honestly, I personally feel the questions are all general or not really geared towards finding Fe in people. I would assume a Fe dom or someone with a weak Ti would show it more, but the reason I wouldn't say I lack it is because I hear IxTx, or Fi primaries, generally don't have the ability to tell what people are feeling very well or can't "feel with" people, and I'm generally told I'm /really/ good at helping & comforting people when I so choose.
Also, I'd like to know, why Ne > Ni? While I go back and forth in debate myself, I mainly picked Ni before because I do tend to see *alot* coming before anyone else will, to the point where many "plot twists" that honestly get some people are expected, and I'm honestly confused by how people don't comsider it predictable. And alot of other similar things; but I'm sure you get the point. Do Ne users experence this as well?
I like to think of Ne loosely as idea generation (seeing what is and then what could be)... and Ni sort of as idea refinement (breaking down, seeing the connectivity)... And then what an N does with this is dependent on their T or F function.

You definitely can be torn between these because no one uses 100% Ni or Ne. It is just one is more so your strong suit, your greater inclination. And based on how you answered Number 8... I'd lean to say Ni.

Where "themightyfetus" makes a mistake... is that INTPs are Ne users. So if you are Ni, you may be INTJ. INTJs, when filtering information, breaking it down with Ni, use Te which makes it so that the idea must be executable in real life, and highly efficient.

I'm still relatively new at understanding functions so I can be of limited help here... Perhaps this thread might be helpful?
INTP vs. INTJ: A Helpful Guide Of Function Analysis For Confused Types : INTP

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
ISTP is my suggestion. There's lots and lots of Ti throughout the answers, and Fe from the start. But at the same time, there's definitely Ni there as well--INTPs tend not to be as...sure of themselves as you seem to be. Less focused, less competitive, less future-oriented. That's all Se-Ni, especially higher-level Se and lower-level Ni.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.