Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I've tried the p90x version a few times.

I know it's good for you, I can -feel- how beneficial it is afterwards and even days later, but for the life of me I just can't take how mind-numbingly boring it is for me to do. I honestly start yawning and getting sleepy during it, not to mention it's not fast paced (for obvious reasons) and it feels like your stimulation level goes to an all time low.

With all that aside, I have a sauna in my house and when I go in there (once a week or so) I try to do a bit of like yoga in there and it feels great. It's a little too cramped to go all out, but I'd probably fall asleep and die anyways... literally.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I used to do yoga in the morning for a while, but not long enough for it to become routine. I miss it though. It did make me feel good even if it was boring for me. I really wanna get back into it for my running and for extra sanity, but I really don't know where to begin. At this point I need to start all over. :{

·
Banned
40 Posts
I just wanted to make a thread about this some days ago. I personally love yoga. I actually didn't start out liking it though. I just thought how boring and torturous it is. But after I started pushing myself to go more regularly for yoga classes, like 4 times a week, I started enjoying it more and every class made me feel more calm and clear minded afterwards.

Part of the reason why I like it is because there is a people element to it without getting too team oriented. (I hate team sports.) The yoga masters at the place I go to love making us laugh and it just puts me in a good mood with the whole light hearted vibe.

I also practise a bit of muay thai so yoga helps me with my flexibility when extending the range of my kicks =)

·
Registered
116 Posts
yoga is actually one of my... sports... of choice. very relaxing. plus i'm not competitive... at all. so yoga works... for me, anyway...

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just wanted to make a thread about this some days ago. I personally love yoga. I actually didn't start out liking it though. I just thought how boring and torturous it is. But after I started pushing myself to go more regularly for yoga classes, like 4 times a week, I started enjoying it more and every class made me feel more calm and clear minded afterwards.
Would you say a class is the way to go? Like have you gotten more out of it vs doing it on your own or anything?

·
Banned
40 Posts
Would you say a class is the way to go? Like have you gotten more out of it vs doing it on your own or anything?
I think it is one way of disciplining myself because I can get lazy with stretching if I'm doing it myself. If I go to a class the yoga masters there will correct my postures and will motivate you to hold your stretches and at the end of the session after the relaxation and breathing exercises it is very rewarding.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm just the same. About a year ago I was in a really good routine of doing yoga, but at night to help me sleep rather than in the morning. I do miss the way it made me feel. What happened was my husband used my yoga mat for exercising on and it ended up...shall we say, less than fragrant?! I really should either clean it up or get a new mat though because that's a silly reason to give up something so great!

·
Banned
40 Posts
I'm just the same. About a year ago I was in a really good routine of doing yoga, but at night to help me sleep rather than in the morning. I do miss the way it made me feel. What happened was my husband used my yoga mat for exercising on and it ended up...shall we say, less than fragrant?! I really should either clean it up or get a new mat though because that's a silly reason to give up something so great!
hahaha that is hilarious Nikson! Go get a new one, I'd say it's worth the money. Or you and your husband could practise 'yoga' together on that mat.:tongue:

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
I've tried the p90x version a few times.
I do this one once a week as a recovery workout. Its good since I'm more often than not sore from weight training the day before.

Reactions: Calvaire

·
Registered
242 Posts
i wish I had time to work out in the morning. I just can't get out of bed any earlier than I absolutely have to. It must be my 'P' function shining through. :)

I love yoga, though. There's nothing like 60 minutes of yoga with a great instructor, and a sweet little shavasana close-out.

·
Banned
40 Posts
i wish I had time to work out in the morning. I just can't get out of bed any earlier than I absolutely have to. It must be my 'P' function shining through. :)

I love yoga, though. There's nothing like 60 minutes of yoga with a great instructor, and a sweet little shavasana close-out.
yeah I'm pretty much the same. fortunately, my schedule is rather flexible so I'm able to go for classes in the afternoon too =) I find that going for a class at night helps me sleep better too.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
yeah I'm pretty much the same. fortunately, my schedule is rather flexible so I'm able to go for classes in the afternoon too =) I find that going for a class at night helps me sleep better too.
I see what you did there!

Bwah ha ha hhaha

Sorry, high on green tea right now.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I did yoga last night for the first time in ages...my husband has aired the yoga mat outside so I can use it again! I slept so well and wasn't achey this morning!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'd love to start doing it... I sometimes do a couple of poses to help my back problems but not very often. I think I'd need a book or something to get me started

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd love to start doing it... I sometimes do a couple of poses to help my back problems but not very often. I think I'd need a book or something to get me started
Get 365 Yoga by Julie Rappaport : )

Or Just look up simple Poses to do and try them out.
Give it a try.xD

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Get 365 Yoga by Julie Rappaport : )

Or Just look up simple Poses to do and try them out.
Give it a try.xD
Haha yes I saw your post on the Latest Purchases thread and I was like: I want this...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts