Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm afraid mainly of not being able to trust my own perceptions/mind.

I'm afraid of making wrong choices and regretting them later. This paralyzes my decision making at times.

I'm afraid that I won't be as useful/productive as others could be.

I was afraid of death, but I've gotten over it by now.

I haven't coped with most of the others ... if anyone got any tips to deal with these, do tell.

·
Registered
856 Posts
This is probably more related to Enneagram than MBTI, but here goes nothing:

I'm afraid first and foremost of failure. This can be in any context. It ranges from not doing very well in an exam to dying in a video game to personal rejection. It's why I never ask anybody out. I would interpret the rejection as, "You are not good enough for me." I just can't stand the idea that I'm not good enough.

That fear is closely followed by the worry that I will achieve all of my goals and not be happy by the end of it. Everything I do is predicated on the (arguably false) assumption that the grass will be greener on the other side. I am working towards something. It scares me that I could get the big house, the stimulating job, the fast car and the loving family, but I still might not be satisfied with my life.

Oh, and I'm terrified of wasps. Eurgh.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Planes. I cannot fly, it's too claustrophobic and I feel like the plane is going to crash with every turn and bump. I deal with it by traveling by land and water.

Little white kids. Have you ever seen them go nuts at childerns parties?

The government. I'm totally paranoid of them. I'm not quite sure how I will deal with them yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am afraid of being enslaved to routine, and a meaningless job that I do just get by, survive and pay the bills.

I am afraid of getting old without achieving something meaningful in my life, like new discovery, reveling new knowledge etc. I am afraid of looking back and realize that my life was meaningless.

I still fear death, because I haven't accomplished as much as I would like to.

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
Heights and Spiders.

I avoid them, that's how I deal with them. Honestly, spiders are fine as long as they're not nearby. The second they cross the boundaries into my personal space, it's a declaration of war.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Also, weird unexpected shit can scare the crap of out of me. A few weeks ago a leaf fell in front of me and I jumped backed and screamed like a little girl.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm afraid of relationships. Don't get me wrong, I really would like to be in one and when I find a girl I like and think I may have a chance with, I try to find my way into her heart. But then when things start becoming real I get scared. I start thinking of all the things I wouldn't be able to just do. Like if at work they were like "Javier we'd like you to go work from Mexico for a few years" I'd like to just say "OK" without having to talk about it with anyone.

I deal with this by continuing to search for the woman that will make me want to take her thoughts/feelings into consideration.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I went through phases of being scared of different things as a kid. Aliens, planes falling out of the sky and hitting the house, car crashes, getting stuck in elevators etc.

As things stand I don’t really have any phobias.
The potential for public failure(i.e. presentations) stresses the shit out of me, but I can still just get on with it providing I’ve prepared.
I feel uncomfortable walking through crowds, more so if they’re moving and I’m going against the flow. It’s just a relatively mild discomfort though, it doesn’t stop me.
I suppose I am slightly scared of women, given my insecurities. I can talk to them normally when the need arises, but there’s not much chance of me being casual and friendly. Tbh there’s not much chance of me being casual and friendly with a guy I don’t know either.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Arachnophobia .... I'm not 'dealing' with it...
I mean... I don't run around screaming bloody murder when I see one but I do move away quite quickly and usually don't go back to that spot unless I see the spider get killed and I confirm that there aren't anymore lurking around, waiting for me.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Arachnophobia .... I'm not 'dealing' with it...
I mean... I don't run around screaming bloody murder when I see one but I do move away quite quickly and usually don't go back to that spot unless I see the spider get killed and I confirm that there aren't anymore lurking around, waiting for me.
I’m not a fan of them but I don’t have a phobia. If I see one on me I flick it off. The dislike does seem to run deeper than I had previously thought though.
One night I partially woke up and decided to roll over, half asleep. As I did so, I saw the shadow of a spider dangling over my head, one that appeared to be rather large. I only really properly woke up as I landed on the floor having launched out of my bed. For a second I had no idea what I was doing, then I remembered what I had seen in my dreamlike state.
After spending some time searching for Mr Spider, I realised what I had seen was the silhouette of my ceiling fan.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I’m not a fan of them but I don’t have a phobia. If I see one on me I flick it off. The dislike does seem to run deeper than I had previously thought though.
One night I partially woke up and decided to roll over, half asleep. As I did so, I saw the shadow of a spider dangling over my head, one that appeared to be rather large. I only really properly woke up as I landed on the floor having launched out of my bed. For a second I had no idea what I was doing, then I remembered what I had seen in my dreamlike state.
After spending some time searching for Mr Spider, I realised what I had seen was the silhouette of my ceiling fan.
LOL
When you randomly feel like crawling over your skin and you keep seeing tarantula eyes ... then you know you have a problem.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
I just don't want to go unrecognized for my entire life. I want to do something in life, not just sit around and... do whatever it is that I'm doing right now.
fear of existing? that's a new one.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,604 Posts
Hypochondriac.

I stay away from Web MD.

I'm prone to getting obsessed with just about anything.

I'm not naturally a type A personality but sometimes I behave like one because taking care of every possible detail ahead of time helps me avoid stress and obsessive behavior.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ah insects, if I see them in my room I must kill them before I can get any sleep. Doesn't matter what the insect is. I used to live in this apartment that would get full of spiders during certain times of the year. I hated it. I would find one every day so it got worse, I would actually have to check my room before sleep. Specially after I killed one that I'm pretty sure was a Brown recluse. They are known to live in this area from what I read.

But normally if I don't see it, I don't think about it, like most things. Just last weekend I went to a Teen Conference with the youth group at Church, we slept in the Church so we could go back the next day (no money for hotels). Everyone slept upstairs where is nice and clean but I didn't want to sleep with everyone else, so I grabbed my things and headed for the basement. Found a room that had a good empty spot, threw my comforter on the floor, plugged in all my gadgets and went to sleep. For a moment I thought "these rooms are used for storing a lot of things, they hardly get used, it's usually dark, they are probably crawling with brown recluse spiders. . . " but then I was too tired to really care I guess cuz I slept fine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts