Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, here's me being mushy.

There's this really great book called Old Turtle and the Broken Truth. So, some animals find a shiny piece of Truth that says, "You are loved," but they dismiss it because it is only half of a Truth. The humans, however, go, "WOOOOOOWWW..." and they love and treasure that piece of Truth, and fight over who gets to possess it, eventually causing a bunch of wars for generations and stuff. So then, eventually, they find the other half of the truth, "and so are They." Some humans get really ticked off and reject the notion right off, but eventually they all pretty much just have to accept it, and all the humans now have the whole Truth, and world peace happens, basically.

"You are loved / and so are They."

See, I think for, well, a lot of us, this story would be in reverse.

The first half of this Truth we picked up was, "They are loved" and the part we have struggled to discover or some of us are still struggling to discover, is so are we. "and so are You."

Yes, it is true that other people are loved. Even though I totally don't know you personally, I can be fairly certain that you are loved, too. I am really confident in that. If you're doubting what I'm saying right now, then you're one of the ones who needs to remind discover this still.

YOU ARE LOVED. Look at all the love you can get even from complete strangers on these boards. Chances are that you have someone in real life who loves you to a much greater extent than that. Ha.

YOU ARE LOVED, and don't forget that, you!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Aww. That was really wonderful. I think it's true that even with all our feeling, we forget how others feel about us.

I'd say something more, but my brain's not fully functioning at this hour.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yes, it is true that other people are loved. Even though I totally don't know you personally, I can be fairly certain that you are loved, too. I am really confident in that. If you're doubting what I'm saying right now, then you're one of the ones who needs to remind discover this still.

YOU ARE LOVED. Look at all the love you can get even from complete strangers on these boards. Chances are that you have someone in real life who loves you to a much greater extent than that. Ha.

YOU ARE LOVED, and don't forget that, you!
Just in case you'd forgotten, I want to remind you that there are certain kinds of people who don't deserve to be loved:

"Another INFP might be nice, except that I frequently find ones that are insecure, depressed, avoidant, have drug problems, they're too submissive or fluffy or meek for me to respect them, etc. Some of them are really lazy, too, which I frankly just cannot abide by." - rowingineden's blog

Reactions: rowingineden

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think the number of people who do not deserve to be loved at all is rather small. I am not saying there are none, just not all that many.
I was being sarcastic. :frustrating:

I know I'm trolling rowingineden...but I really can't resist it this time.

rowingineden, if I get banned for this, I have no regrets.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Lol, this is all probably just a misunderstanding...Veer back on topic? :blushed:

·
Registered
716 Posts
rowingineden, your posts always brightens my day :happy:

And it's so true, the INFP version is definitely the reversed. I never really thought about it, I assumed that the reversed version was true for everyone.

But no matter which version is true for you, nothing good can come out of only knowing half the truth and living by that. It would be like jumping off an airplane with a half parachute!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just in case you'd forgotten, I want to remind you that there are certain kinds of people who don't deserve to be loved:

"Another INFP might be nice, except that I frequently find ones that are insecure, depressed, avoidant, have drug problems, they're too submissive or fluffy or meek for me to respect them, etc. Some of them are really lazy, too, which I frankly just cannot abide by." - rowingineden's blog
I see the good, the bad, AND the funny. They can reside in my mind simultaneously. I mean all the things I say, though. HA! Sometimes you INFPs really annoy me, grrr... like with your Coldplay and whatnot. But I also really appreciate you, too. :tongue:

Reactions: Pop Crimes

·
Registered
303 Posts
I see the good, the bad, AND the funny. They can reside in my mind simultaneously. I mean all the things I say, though. HA! Sometimes you INFPs really annoy me, grrr... like with your Coldplay and whatnot. But I also really appreciate you, too. :tongue:
I get what you mean. I can have up to four ideas that oppose each other in my head at any given moment, making my and the world's existence incomprehensible.

But I don't listen to Coldplay. I listen to Iggy and the Stooges; maybe that's why my IQ is a bit scrambled, but what the heck.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get what you mean. I can have up to four ideas that oppose each other in my head at any given moment, making my and the world's existence incomprehensible.

But I don't listen to Coldplay. I listen to Iggy and the Stooges; maybe that's why my IQ is a bit scrambled, but what the heck.
INFP brains = paradox machines

My objection is to people who classify Coldplay as "rock" - really? Is there anything that middle-aged white people find objectionable about Coldplay? Because they're really inoffensive, and that's not ROCK! :tongue:

·
Registered
716 Posts
INFP brains = paradox machines

My objection is to people who classify Coldplay as "rock" - really? Is there anything that middle-aged white people find objectionable about Coldplay? Because they're really inoffensive, and that's not ROCK! :tongue:
THANK YOU! I've been trying to tell people the same thing for ages! Rock is about cranking the guitar amp with a cigarette in your mouth, sticking it to the man - rebelling against society. Now what's rebellious about Coldplay? If Coldplay could qualify as rock, what couldn't?

·
Registered
303 Posts
THANK YOU! I've been trying to tell people the same thing for ages! Rock is about cranking the guitar amp with a cigarette in your mouth, sticking it to the man - rebelling against society. Now what's rebellious about Coldplay? If Coldplay could qualify as rock, what couldn't?
Justin Bieber would NEVER qualify.

Even with an overdriven guitar and a cigarette in his mouth.

And now this thread has gone way off topic :proud:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts