Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you recognize Ne in yourself as a child?
Or do you not see Ne in yourself until you were a teenager?

Did you anthropomorphize your toys? Did you have irrational judgements towards toys as having a secret connection with you? Did you have a sentimental feeling towards your toys?
Did you notice other kids saw toys as objects and tossed them, while you thought they'd be offended if you didn't play with them equally as much as your favorite toys?

·
Banned
63 Posts
There is another thread discussing this too :). You'll find some interesting things there. It's called child eccentricities of an INTP, I believe.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I remember Ti, Ne, and Fe in me as a child. I'm unsure of how Si and Se works.

-I injected my stuffed toys with ink, using a syringe I found.
-I undid a model Ferrari my dad bought me as a 6 year old and couldn't put it back.
-I undid a Beyblade at age 7 or 8 to install some Bit Beast function (which didn't exist) and couldn't put it back.
-I was an avid reader.
-I tried setting fire to my parents' bed when me and my cousin sister were alone at home, when I was 7 or 8. Wanted to see how quickly a bed could catch fire.
-I always wore a "personality mask". When my mom used to ask me to pray, or when I had to complete assignments. I used to think "Lol I don't really care, but I guess this makes them happy. Meh."
-I always tested the limits of people around me.
-I used my grandmom's sewing kit to string the entire living room with threads, from door to window to table to chair.. all in a massive cobweb, right before my dad's guests (from London) were arriving. Loooool.

A lot of my childhood was spent being controlled and bullied so that triggered some stuff..even without it, I was an awkward fuck. I think a lot of INTPs have Fe related awkwardness as kids, and eventually they learn to hold that back. I actually think I was an ENTPish child, or at least an xNTP. My school had a handful of people in it so socializing wasn't a problem. I can still easily make friends and all so sometimes I wonder if I'm a fucked up ENTP.

Damn, I miss kid me :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wasn't even an INTP in my childhood. In fact I have no idea what kind of monstrosity I was. Maybe more so an INTJ because I possessed Ne over Ni and was somewhat of a self-righteous ****** up until 16.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
All I remember was constantly playing outside with sticks imagining myself as characters from movies like elves, jedi, wizards, stuff like that. That's Ne right?

·
Registered
31,261 Posts
I was a hardworker and procastinator. I did everything faster and more fully than other people because I always wanted to have more time for myself. I found much comfort my early childhood environment, everything was very simple and relaxing.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I know I was some sort of E/INTJ as a child. I definitely had a lot of INTJ and INFJ friends. But I'm so certain that school and their dislike of children talking during classes made me into an introvert. In first grade, I loved to talk to my friends and would talk the whole recess and lunch away instead of playing some sort of sport. Then after getting scolded at by my parents because of my "chatting problem" in my report, I became a fearful introvert who never talked at all in class during second grade. I was a hard worker as a child so I'm pretty sure I was a J.

But that all changed when I became a teen, I started getting rebellious and started developing loads of original ideas and having an incredible imagination.

Though there were traces of Ne as a child, I loved exploring new places, learning new things, reading encyclopaedias & drawing. But I really don't think I was a P-type, I liked routine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was little unpredictible as a child , i stole one or two times, ate high amount of salt , climed on alot of things or talked to my pets, tried to act like a grown up.
I tried a lot of diffrent things to see what happens as a child , good old times ^^

·
Registered
625 Posts
All I remember was constantly playing outside with sticks imagining myself as characters from movies like elves, jedi, wizards, stuff like that. That's Ne right?
Funny, cause I had an INFJ friend who always played those kind of imaginary games with me and he was an Ni-dom. Maybe it's just an N-trait.

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
I apparently figured out how to climb out of my crib at night and make my way over to my mom's bed and climb in (and wake her up by pushing her to make room for myself, and hogging the blanket).

I never saw my toys as having anthromorphic traits, which is probably why I never played with dolls or stuffed animals even though I had them. Movement was a little more interesting (active, I guess), so I usually played with toy cars and later on, these robot action figures that you had to construct from tiny parts... I did have an overactive imagination though so there was always some kind of narrative even with the Legos (complete with some glossary I created that included the names of kingdoms and characters lol), as I'm sure tons of kids do.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Do you recognize Ne in yourself as a child?
Or do you not see Ne in yourself until you were a teenager?
I couldn't recognize it that way since I had no notion of what it is and that it exists, but retrospectively can see all the functions. But there was some development and I would see that I strengthened my Ti over Fi.
I think that thanks to Si-Ti I could analyze myself and my action as from afar. Ti-Ne helped me to grasp concepts of objectivity and early age I accepted some kind of primitive equivalent of Kantian morality.
This lead me to further suppressing certain emotions (leading to possessivity, jealousy, quick anger etc.) that would conflict with it as I saw that acting on emotions without oversight of Ti would probably mean violating principles that I hold more dear to me.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I did have an overactive imagination though so there was always some kind of narrative even with the Legos (complete with some glossary I created that included the names of kingdoms and characters lol), as I'm sure tons of kids do.
Now that you mention it I spent lot of time with Lego. I almost never followed any kind of manual are original design, lumped it all together and created whatever I imagined. No other toy could compete until computer. :kitteh:

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
Now that you mention it I spent lot of time with Lego. I almost never followed any kind of manual are original design, lumped it all together and created whatever I imagined. No other toy could compete until computer. :kitteh:
Lol, yes. One's personal discovery of the computer tends to coincide with the redundancy of various objects in the house.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was a big trouble maker, so I'm told. My parents had to call poison control a few times for eating things I shouldn't have, and I loved to run down the street when my mom was in the shower.

I had a love affair with legos like others mentioned, until I got the NES for Christmas. It was all downhill from there.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Yes, actually. I didn't really like 'playing' with toys, but I was kind of obsessed with animals when I was younger, so I had a bunch of stuffed ones that I anthropomorphized the hell out of. I never thought of it as playing with them though, because I didn't really make them do things. I really liked structures (particularly bridges and skyscrapers), so my brother and I would build cities out of construction paper, and make them the residents. I wouldn't say I thought I had any really special connection with the residents though, or that I was particularly fair since my city had a pretty strict class system and very uneven wealth distribution.. kinda preferred spending time building suspension and cantilever bridges to nowhere rather than giving everyone nice housing..

Oh, and I really didn't like Legos much. I always thought they were kind of cheating.

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
Yes, actually. I didn't really like 'playing' with toys, but I was kind of obsessed with animals when I was younger, so I had a bunch of stuffed ones that I anthropomorphized the hell out of. I never thought of it as playing with them though, because I didn't really make them do things. I really liked structures (particularly bridges and skyscrapers), so my brother and I would build cities out of construction paper, and make them the residents. I wouldn't say I thought I had any really special connection with the residents though, or that I was particularly fair since my city had a pretty strict class system and very uneven wealth distribution.. kinda preferred spending time building suspension and cantilever bridges to nowhere rather than giving everyone nice housing..

Oh, and I really didn't like Legos much. I always thought they were kind of cheating.
I like animals too! But...

I would like to request a permaban for all Lego-haters at the forum moderators' earliest convenience.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I like animals too! But...

I would like to request a permaban for all Lego-haters at the forum moderators' earliest convenience.
I guess Duplos were ok when I was really young. It's hard to make anything that isn't more or less a box with Legos though. Paper and a little yarn are way easier for suspension bridges and the like. Plus building anything large enough to fit Beanie Babies in is really tough work, and houses would be weird and multicolored. People only ever really gave me Lego sets for movies like Star Wars, or whatever, and those don't come with many multipurpose blocks.. and I could not avoid losing things when I was a kid, especially tiny Lego blocks. So yeah, disregarding environmental impact, construction paper + tape > Legos.

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
I guess Duplos were ok when I was really young. It's hard to make anything that isn't more or less a box with Legos though. Paper and a little yarn are way easier for suspension bridges and the like. Plus building anything large enough to fit Beanie Babies in is really tough work, and houses would be weird and multicolored. People only ever really gave me Lego sets for movies like Star Wars, or whatever, and those don't come with many multipurpose blocks.. and I could not avoid losing things when I was a kid, especially tiny Lego blocks. So yeah, disregarding environmental impact, construction paper + tape > Legos.
Lol, I don't know anything about bridge construction, but that sounds almost ridiculously INTP.

And yeah, Legos are primarily for building construction, but some of the bigger sets let you take some liberties with the interior constructions of the buildings, or just plain decorative detail. I guess that's not engineering though, sorry lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts