Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm curious as to how you people dress. I suppose girls will be better at this than boys (I myself am OBLIVIOUS to how I dress...and I wanna change that) but hey, when it comes to INFJs anything can happen *crowd's cheering*

Feel free to express your opinions on how the colours you wear can subtly/dramatically impact one's perception of you.

For example
when I wear black I feel that people somehow look up to me, I can feel that somehow inferior vibe (colour-wise) coming from them. Someone who wears the rainbow is not even going to try talk to me, we exist in different universes. On the other hand, when I wear black MY PARENTS SNAP(!!!) "?! NOBODY DIED! DO NOT WEAR BLACK IT'S UGLY AND BAD?! WHY DO YOU WANNA WEAR BLACK OH MY SCHNUZELBAGUZEL (made up word), TRY THIS PINK INSTEAD !"

I'm really curious to see how you view this small detail of our lives. Details make a difference...always.

Friggin love INFJs *crowd's cheering again*

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Besides, I do not want to limit this fascinating subject to inter-personal behaviour. Colour is all around us and can influence us in many other ways, examples I can think of are food and comercials. Comercial brainwashing occurs mostly subconsciously and they also use colour. Again, if anyone has any interesting information about any of this I would sincerely appreciate. I would also appreciate discussion on the matter. Google sometimes cannot quench my 'thirst'

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
If it's not visually loud enough, I won't notice. friends say "remember person with xyz on their shirt?" nope. I tend to not understand what the person wears as being a representation of their personality. not specific things, i mean.

I will notice vibes, though. Like, this person dresses wears wild/bright/old/clean-cut/lazy/tight/loose/whatever things a lot. Perhaps because those are impressions you can build up over time? But if they wear bright green ONE day. No. This means nothing to me. Perhaps it represents a state of mind, but there's no way for me to know what that state is, and i could gather a lot more info by looking at their expressions or speaking with them.

This isn't to say i don't think color or visuals don't have impact. They do, in huge amounts. As an artist, I utilize this all the time. Dark colors, complimentary color, pale colors, pattern on top of pattern, abrupt or slow shifts from one into the other. The ways each can be used for a certain effect are too numerous to name. I can estimate as best I can what effect something will have, but there are so many wild cards, because every individual forms their own associations for each thing they come across. You can't anticipate how someones memories will make them perceive it.

Not to mention, physically, peoples' eyes are different. What I perceive/see as x shade of green, you perceive as xy shade of green.

That's probably why I like art so much-- possibilities are endless. I can't anticipate at even an 80% rate what the responses will be. Because of that it allows me to follow myself, my own heart, my experiences, my interpretations...all of that, more.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
I think the way you feel when wearing a certain color rubs off on people as well. Maybe you feel confident when you wear black for some reason? I wore black nail polish once just to see the reaction I'd get. Some people looked at me like I was weird when I shook their hand. My dad liked it. My mom thought it was weird. Sometimes it just depends on the person. I don't have a lot of black in my wardrobe but I do wear it. If I don't feel confident in an outfit/certain color I won't wear it. For some reason I shy away from wearing red but I have a lot of pink in my wardrobe. I also love green. I generally don't like drawing too much attention to myself. I guess I tend to wear things based on my mood and what I think complements my coloring. It's said that certain colors make people feel a certain way too. I guess that also comes into the equation.

Reactions: MrLewful

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I dislike bright colours. To me it seems clownish, unrefined and inelegant. Blue top. Green top. Yellow top. Too loud and cheap. Too sharply defined and dichotomous...which ironically only serves to trivialise any sense of individuality. Like skittles.

Subtle colours contrasted with heavy black tends to work for me. Even just black and white if I'm in a smart mood. Suit up.

I think black indicates a desire to remain aloof or "hidden" in a sense. According to this it can also indicate power/authority...

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html

I often wear a white shirt beneath a black blazer. Concealing my vulnerability from others perhaps? Interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts