1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
What the fuck!? :shocked:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Seven. Better for all to be mildly inconvenienced than for one to be excluded entirely.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Definitely 7, it would hurt if one plant gets ignored. It's like being the last kid to be picked for a team, except instead of joining a team by default, the kid is flat out refused a position on that team.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I may sound cruel by saying this, but I'd have to say six. I mean, what if the amount of water the plants need is just enough to keep them from dying? I'd rather let one plant die than have all 7 of them die (even if it's postponed somewhat).

·
Registered
595 Posts
7, they would probably all survive, I mean the other 6 get only 1/6 less water. I don't know exactly how much water they need, we just water them.
Anyway, I would just get more water from the tap and if I can't afford water I wouldn't have bought 7 plants.
But answering your question with another method, put the 7 plants together if they are all same size, give all the water, let them do it. If some are much smaller then I would give them water based on how much I think they need and so water to all 7, or you could give it to the 6 that you want.

·
Banned
1,833 Posts
I said seven, however if it was going to be a chronic issue, I'd replant one outside and hope that it would do okay fending for itself rather than just letting it wither in the pot or risking the deaths of all the plants.

Reactions: Laeona and potato

·
Registered
874 Posts
Seven.

All things being equal, each plant would then have a fair chance at making it.

Also, there is nothing noted about the scarcity of water in the future. There is a chance that more water is available; it's simply that I only have enough for 6 plants.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
i put 6 because i thought otherwise they'd all die. i have several other thoughts about it:

7 is better because we feel strong in teamwork and survival.
6 is better because otherwise the 6 would die earlier when growing old (unless the water shortage is temporary)
you could say that the question is wrong because plants act differently when not getting enough water.
you could say the question is wrong because plants grow to sustain themselves and don't rely on humans even if humans keep them. added to that i don't think plants have feelings..(although some dummies talk to them:tongue:)

Reactions: Laeona

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you were at a party and there was only enough bags of chips to give everyone one but yourself; would you rather go without a bag of chips or bum chips off of everyone else? I would feel bad putting other people in that type of situation were they feel forced to share their chips just because I don't have any and feel like if they said no they would be viewed as rude and insensitive. I would rather go without chips and have everyone be happy eating a full bag than make everyone donate chips to me just so I could be happy.

I think in life there are always, and probably must always, be people who suffer so there are people who don't suffer (or suffer as much).

So I put 6, because while it is unfair to the 7th plant to not get water, it's unfair to all the other 6 plants to have to forfeit some of their reserves. How would you feel if the bank suddenly withdrew a 6th of your money and donated it to someone poorer than you without asking consent?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
7, they would probably all survive, I mean the other 6 get only 1/6 less water. I don't know exactly how much water they need, we just water them.
Anyway, I would just get more water from the tap and if I can't afford water I wouldn't have bought 7 plants.
But answering your question with another method, put the 7 plants together if they are all same size, give all the water, let them do it. If some are much smaller then I would give them water based on how much I think they need and so water to all 7, or you could give it to the 6 that you want.
Potato, I'm afraid your opinion is biased.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts