Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I say "Bye!" to my girlfriend and hang up?! I love talking to her but I just can't seem to hang up without her saying, "Stay, please?" "Don't go!" in such a way, that makes me want to stay there and talk to her for a lifetime. I know I am not the only person she says it to. She told me usually uses her 'charm' when she knows she is having an interesting conversation with someone or just loves the person a lot so as to let them hang up.

I swear, you guys would make formidable enemies in debates. You'd be able to sell snow to an eskimo. That's what I told her.

Are all of you just as persuasive?
So, how does one hang up politely?

·
Registered
709 Posts
"When you say it like that, I feel like I could talk to you for a lifetime. But realistically, I have things I need to do. Goodnight, love. Sweet dreams."

(Adapt slightly to fit the circumstances.)
Basically this. Just say that you love her, that you do have things you need to do and that you'll see/talk to her later :)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if that will make her think something's wrong with me or what. Heh. I'll try that tonight.

·
Registered
64 Posts
my bf does that to me. "i need to get stuff done, so i can wake up in the morning. ill call you tomorrow." that always does it for me, i dont want to impede in his ability to function at work.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
my bf does that to me. "i need to get stuff done, so i can wake up in the morning. ill call you tomorrow." that always does it for me, i dont want to impede in his ability to function at work.
She most likely will think this and await her knight in shining armor to call tomorrow. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

----

All kidding aside, she may not know that you have stuff to do. Just let her know and tell her when you will call her another time (or talk, hang out, whatever). Be consistent and set boundaries. Of course she'll push and play a bit... but if she respects you and is mature she will respect your wishes.

If she has problems with you taking a nap or sleeping... or doing something for yourself like working or enjoying a hobby... that may be signs of insecurity. You may have to find a plan that you both can agree to so she knows that you won't leave and love her more than anything.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I think it depends more on the individual. Not the MBTI.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

----

All kidding aside, she may not know that you have stuff to do. Just let her know and tell her when you will call her another time (or talk, hang out, whatever). Be consistent and set boundaries. Of course she'll push and play a bit... but if she respects you and is mature she will respect your wishes.

If she has problems with you taking a nap or sleeping... or doing something for yourself like working or enjoying a hobby... that may be signs of insecurity. You may have to find a plan that you both can agree to so she knows that you won't leave and love her more than anything.
As long as we're playing silly commercials about love and control:

I don't know why I'm so amused by this one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts