Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
When we weren't busy dying daydreaming, we were probably witch-doctoring the shit out of fella tribesmen.

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,846 Posts
When we weren't busy dying daydreaming, we were probably witch-doctoring the shit out of fella tribesmen.
Yep.

My friends labeled me the wise mystic shaman of our group.
(Who is occasionally a big ole goofball).

I'd have been a kick ass witch doctor priestess back in the day.
(Or I'd have been burned at the stake, who knows)

·
Banned
601 Posts
Apologies for the "bluntness" and the intrusion (as I believe this is INFJ only), but one has to ask this question: "What the hell did I just read?"

·
Registered
304 Posts
If that's the case I'm surprised any Ne dom survived.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Nah, I doubt I was an INFJ in all of my prior lives :tongue:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Nah man, you've got that skewed. See, in primitive times I'd have manipulated my way to control of my home tribe, then used that power to eventually elevate myself to the position of a primal god-emperor type leader who controlled everything for a thousand square miles. Now admittedly I'd probably be killed in my sleep by jealous rivals, but damn it, it would be a good run up until that point.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
We were probably the shaman/wiseman/witch doctors who warned the tribes of oncoming troubles and quelled disputes among its people while simultaneously doing a lot of shrooms and other hallucinogenic materials.

Honestly it seems like my ancestors had a lot more fun than I am currently. :dry:

·
Banned
3,318 Posts
Apologies for the "bluntness" and the intrusion (as I believe this is INFJ only), but one has to ask this question: "What the hell did I just read?"

·
Registered
566 Posts
I actually find INFPs to be a bit more prone to daydreaming than INFJs.
But i don't see that as a bad thing as I fond most INFPs to be pretty awesome people.
INFPs do the day"dreaming" more, however INxJs do the most "spacing out" and get lost in their head.

Reactions: Goetterdaemmerung

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
@Reila

If reincarnation is a thing, I do hope I am not an INFJ in my next one, that is for sure. Although that would mean I wouldn't have my personality anymore, so in a sense, I wouldn't be me. o:
Not necessarily. The way you think doesn't really make up all of who you are as a person or a soul. At least, that is what I would argue :p It's just a part. I can imagine a different version of myself that has a preference for other thinking styles and yet is still..."me." But hmm, it's hard to say for sure of course. Fun to think about though ;)

Reactions: Reila

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
@Reila

Not necessarily. The way you think doesn't really make up all of who you are as a person or a soul. At least, that is what I would argue :p It's just a part. I can imagine a different version of myself that has a preference for other thinking styles and yet is still..."me." But hmm, it's hard to say for sure of course. Fun to think about though ;)
It is a possibility, of course. I am not particularly skeptical when it comes to reincarnation, as I have experienced some (read: a lot) of strange things in life (from spiritual nature... either that or I am crazier than I thought), so it wouldn't surprise me if there is more to life than, well, just one life. With that said, I can't argue about how reincarnation works (if it works), but I do have my preferences (or you could say expectations). Depending on how it works, I hope I can choose nothingness instead.

·
SAY MY NAME
8,470 Posts
Pre-historic societies were not that complicated. Julian Jaynes persuasively argued that we were unconscious and indistinguishable from animals for the most part until about 3000 years ago, so applying personality theory to a time when there was no such thing as a personality strikes me as a bit pointless

Reactions: Baphomet
1 - 20 of 34 Posts