Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jacked this from the INFJ thread, but I posted this on here because I was curious. :) What would you guys do?

This was my reply: I would drop out of school, and work part-time at a medium-paced job, doing something I like. I would aim to save up a certain sum of money so that it can be used to provide for my family after i am gone. I'd most likely use that money to buy some kind of bond or a 5-10 year CD, so that the interest would accrue and this can be used for something worthwhile by my family. Ideally, for a summer vacation sometime down their lives. Our family has been planning to go to this specific place, and has been saving up for that so I'd want my savings to be used years later, when my family has gotten over the grief, and can think back of me and smile.

Outside of work.. I would feel free to enjoy life. Go to the beach as often as I want. Paint a lot. Sing a lot, even though I suck. take dancing lessons, take more music lessons, do all the things i wanted to do but wasn't able to do. Eat a lot of chocolate, go on a cruise, enjoy all the small things in life. Ironically, the idea of having a certain amount of time to live is very appealing to me. It gives me a sense of closure... and because i know my timeframe, i would act accordingly. With life right now, I feel like things are unsettled which kind of irks me, I have to often balance the ideal and practical -- what i want to do versus what i should do. but since i have the time frame, i'd just do what i want to do instead of pursuing my ambitions in grad school. the idea of knowing this makes me feel liberated in a sense.

I would live life with no regrets.

And. as one of the last, last, last things I would make amends with everyone, whether i wronged them, or they wronged me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'd stop going to college and finish writing my book. I've been putting it off for a long time. Since I'd be dieing I'd train my brother with what I know about writing and leave the manuscript to him since I know he'd continue it if he had any confidence in his writing abilities.

Reactions: Rhee, Sela and niss

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Give away everything I had and begin working in a homeless shelter because my long term goals would be shattered
... oh you said about other things than working... too damned bad!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Tim McGraw--Live Like You Are Dying
Hahahaha. Oh gosh. Don't bring that dern country music in here. I live in such a hick town full of rednecks that do nothing but hang out in the Wal-Mart with their big trucks and blare country music. I dislike those people so much.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Hahahaha. Oh gosh. Don't bring that dern country music in here. I live in such a hick town full of rednecks that do nothing but hang out in the Wal-Mart with their big trucks and blare country music. I dislike those people so much.
Now, don't go hatin'. I listen to all types of music. If they've got something to say worth hearing, I want to know it. That particular song by Tim McGraw has a great message. The music is ok, but the message is excellent.

*Now we return to our regular programming of non-stop MegaDeth.*:crazy::cool:

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
You can't take it with you, so I'd quit working. I realize that funerals are expensive but I've given serious thought recently to being cremated when I die. That costs much less than being put in the ground, and besides that, I've always like traveling, so why be stuck in one place (albeit I wouldn't know it after I'm dead but still ...)

Anyway, I'd quit working because there's just way too much to see that I haven't seen yet. I want to get in my car and hit the road. There's a part of me that's always wanted to do that. While I appreciate the luxury of staying in nice hotels when I travel/can afford it, again, there's a part of me that wants to just load up the car with a week's worth of clothes, a cooler with some food, and a road map, and just GO. It would be really neat to see all of the places that you hear about but never get to visit because they're too expensive. Well ... sure they're expensive if you're staying in fancy hotels and eating out at sit-down restaurants. But what if you just stayed at the Super 8, washed your clothes at the laundromat, and refilled your cooler at the local grocery store? You'd see how people REALLY live in all of those places, and I think it would be interesting to see how it may be different from how I live my life.

/novel over

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
^This.

I've told my family to cremate me. Why bother with wasting all that money for a plot that you have to pay so someone else will mow it.

I'd go everywhere, do everything, and take SWMBO with me every step of the way.

*She loves to travel so much...I'd better not let her see this or she may decide to pay the doctor off so's she could do some sight seein'. :laughing:

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
^This.

I've told my family to cremate me. Why bother with wasting all that money for a plot that you have to pay so someone else will mow it.

I'd go everywhere, do everything, and take SWMBO with me every step of the way.

*She loves to travel so much...I'd better not let her see this or she may decide to pay the doctor off so's she could do some sight seein'. :laughing:
Nevermind the fact that usually plots seem to be forgotten after a certain length of time. It seems like well-meaning family and friends take really good care of fresh plots for about the first year or so, but then after that, they forget, and it becomes uncared for. I don't put the blame on anyone for this, as I understand they have LIVES they are leading, but like you said ... why PAY for all of that?

Now you've really put an idea into my head. Hopefully once I graduate from school, I'll be able to get a job that pays a decent living wage, and then maybe I can actually DO this instead of it being something I'd do if I was terminal.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm an ISTJ - I'm sticking to my routines and the schedule I've had planned for weeks, otherwise it was a waste of time doing all that planning! :tongue:

Don't worry, I just joking!! :crazy:

Spend some time kicking myself that I hadn't done X, Y & Z...
Some time depressed about it coming to an end, but also a tiny bit happy... yeah, I know that sounds wrong, but it would be true - I'd finally have a deadline to work towards.
More time outside in the sun, exploring, reading, just relaxing in general (everything you day-dream about when you think you've got forever).
Being dragged around by my sister doing various "you HAVE to do this" experiences...
Change from full-time to part-time job (was going to say quit, but I would still need to pay the rent!).
Any extra money would go my favourite charities, as would my stuff a little closer to the end.
And please, no flowers for my family - only donations to my favourite charities please.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd try to become the opposite of my own type(ENFP) to show everyone else that I could have been just about anyone. Really hard though to be a feeler. :crazy: :wink:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'd fly over to some obscure Polynesian island (with a pristine beach and transparent blue-green waters like the kind you always see on TV), sit under the shade with some umbrella-ed fruity drink, and stare out at the ocean all day.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've been thinking about this question for a while now... I know what I would want to do, but what would I actually do?
I wouldn't tell anyone. I would just keep living my life like it is right now. I'd enjoy more of those little moments in everyday life. I would keep going to school- maybe go and talk to my philosophy professor a little about some things. I would still go to my club meetings and meet some new people. I would write some people letters to receive after I die.
I don't know if I want to be buried or cremated. But thankfully I've got a while to figure that out. I really just want to be cremated... but like a floating/boat funeral pyre or something like that (like Vikings or Romans). I don't know what the modern equivalent of that is though.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I would try to revive the southern nationalist sprit of the antebellum period. The blacks have NAACP how come southerners of all races cannot come together?

Reactions: niss and Rhee

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
If I was to die in six months time, I would:
- Travel. Enjoy all the natural scenic landscapes.
- Go into every reputed Amusement Park I can find.
- Ride all the roller coasters at least 5 times in all those amusement parks.
- Eat all the food I love but don’t get to eat frequently.
- Read all the books I wanted to read.
- Watch all the good movies I wanted to watch.
- Complete all the promises I have made to people.
- Enjoy life!
- Talk to all the friends I haven’t talked to in a while but have missed them.
- Apologize to all those people who I have ever hurt.
- Spend quality time with all my family and friends so that I have some pleasant memories to remember them all by.
- Do something nice and memorable for my family and friends so that they have something to remember me by after I am not there.
- And since I can’t think of any more at the moment, arrange to have my organs donated after I die to the needful so that my death can benefit many others and bring them happiness.

**Blushes for having shared so much** :blushed::blushed:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts