Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INFP's...for the ones who are not afraid to show your differences and weirdness even if people laugh at you or look at you strangely, you inspire me!!

Sometimes I still keep parts of my real self only to myself even though they won't hurt people..but simply because I'm still self conscious :sad: Trying to break out of it though! Will definitely do!

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't explain all the things that make me different.

I'm a writer, and I love my creativity, it's just sometimes I tend to think that my own thoughts are too weird to be put down in paper :crazy: That's one example.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Maybe those thoughts would be great to put down for us all to read. I have read a lot of your post and you have a depth that is all your own. You may have insights that would be helpful to the rest of us.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which posts give you the impression of depth?

I don't know where to start. I tend to ask questions I don't know if they should be asked, I tend to explore people and things everyday in ways that I still feel uncomfortable sharing with the world :crazy:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Which posts give you the impression of depth?

I don't know where to start. I tend to ask questions I don't know if they should be asked, I tend to explore people and things everyday in ways that I still feel uncomfortable sharing with the world :crazy:
A lot of your post and comments shows a depth. Like this topic of being inspired at being different. That shows depth and a wiliness to learn from how others are different. Being different in this world is not that easy. Once puts themselves in a position to be singled out and targeted for being different. But that is ok, because I would still prefer to be different and be me than be a part of the normal and have to be something I am not.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
It takes not thinking too much, loose the self criticism. "what want to do is not attractive / won't get me positive attention, i can't do it"...that's useless, cluttering up your mind.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
I can relate to the weird thoughts and not wanting to express them, via writing or..
You've gotta just let words flow. Sure you'll get a raised brow (or two on one face! now that's an accomplishment...if you start to think being weird is something "Achieved", of course.)

"achieve weirdness" is a good motto for someone trying to not go against their natural weirdness.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
That's sweet. I still have that fear of being laughed at or regarded as ridiculous that I am DETERMINED to overcome.
To be honest it will happen but there will be people that will admire you for it. And those people that laugh or mock just to hurt are just showing they have the mind of a child anyway. After a while you can just laugh them off and go on with your life.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am a paradox. I have a part of me that wants to move forward towards becoming the woman I've always wanted to be, and also a small critical voice inside me reminding me of how I was taken advantage of in the past, how I was ridiculed in the past and my past failures.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I am a paradox. I have a part of me that wants to move forward towards becoming the woman I've always wanted to be, and also a small critical voice inside me reminding me of how I was taken advantage of in the past, how I was ridiculed in the past and my past failures.
That is part of being INFP. That voice inside I have it to. It tells me all kinds of things that could go wrong or things I should be doing. But when it comes right down to it I have to be try to the person I am. And becoming the woman you want to be will take place over time. And over time the person you want to be will change as much as you change. You are a beautiful person just the way you are now. And that is something to be proud of.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I still sometimes have visions of people in my head; the people who used to bring me down a lot in my life.

I still struggle with telling them (inwards) to leave me the eff alone :crazy:

I don't know if it's their negative energy or my insecurities at work.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Yes, I still sometimes have visions of people in my head; the people who used to bring me down a lot in my life.

I still struggle with telling them (inwards) to leave me the eff alone :crazy:

I don't know if it's their negative energy or my insecurities at work.
I think it is both. That is the way it is with me. Negative energy plays on my insecurities really bad. But then I try to look at the maturity level of the negative people. And to be honest after I look at their childish behavior I can repel their negative energy.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
how do you repel?
I look at them as if they were small children still in a diaper. If a child pooped in its diaper would you be offended about that? But if an adult pooped their paints that would be a different reaction. Just because people have the body of an adult does not mean that have the mind of an adult. So when people are mean or abusive I repel their negativity by viewing them as having the mind of a child. That helps me to not take their negativity into me any more than if they pooped their paints. They just need someone to potty train them either in their mouth. And what they say has no real reflection on me. Just because their mouth needs potty trained does not mean I am a lesser person.

This way their negativity has not more affect on me than if a baby pooped its diaper. And I can even use their negativity to make me feel even stronger. As time goes one and you see these negative people as children the more mature you become because of your lack of negative reaction back on them. It is like seeing a child poop their paints and you know they need help instead of getting angry at them. It is a powerful way to visualize and overcome negativity.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It isnt crazy that I tend to be over sensitive (sometimes) to human energy?:blushed:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
It isnt crazy that I tend to be over sensitive (sometimes) to human energy?:blushed:
Me too. I am extreamly sensitive too. And people don't even have to speak to me or look at me for me to feel their negative energy. I can feel it very strongly even when I am not close to the person.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
What do you feel from my energy then?:crazy::crazy:
I have been feeling your energy for a while now. You have an overall good energy. I don't detect any abusive tendencies in you. If I did we could not be chatting. I can feel a conflict within you. You want to come out but then want to hide at the same time. Both are pulling on you equally hard making it difficult to know which direction to go in next. I don't feel any major hatred in you even though I don't think you completely love everyone. But I do think you have very deep love for a few select people. Most of these people never know you have these feelings for them. Overall I think you are a very good hearted person.

Now tell me how close I am? Or am I way off target?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts