Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..When the ENFP loves spending time alone for hours.

..when you mistype the ENFP with an ISTJ.

·
Registered
477 Posts
even if the enfp are watching movie for hour ?

what does an enfp when they are depressed and alone ?

I thought the enfp shadow was infj ?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even if the enfp are watching movie for hour ?
But then, the ENFP is involved in an activity, I said alone, means without doing any activity and even without talking for hours. (not sure how true is this for all of us).

what does an enfp when they are depressed and alone ?
That is what the topic is all about.

I thought the enfp shadow was infj ?
Nope, it's ISTJ.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
..When the ENFP loves spending time alone for hours
But then, the ENFP is involved in an activity, I said alone, means without doing any activity and even without talking for hours. (not sure how true is this for all of us).
Does this mean sitting in a corner doing absolutely nothing? By this, I mean they aren't reading, using a computer, watching TV, listening to music, writing, or anything like that. If this is what you mean, that kind of behavior is a pretty good indication of depression in anyone regardless of type.

Stress can bring out inferior Si too. Depression isn't the only probable cause.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does this mean sitting in a corner doing absolutely nothing? By this, I mean they aren't reading, using a computer, watching TV, listening to music, writing, or anything like that.
By alone I meant not doing anything but just reflecting on one's own thoughts. If you count it as absolutely nothing, then that's it. And that's why I mentioned that I'm not sure whether it happens to everyone or not, but being an extrovert, it's quite unusual and makes me feel uneasy when I'm not depressed.

Stress can bring out inferior Si too. Depression isn't the only probable cause.
Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know that.

Reactions: MuChApArAdOx

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
By alone I meant not doing anything but just reflecting on one's own thoughts. If you count it as absolutely nothing, then that's it. And that's why I mentioned that I'm not sure whether it happens to everyone or not, but being an extrovert, it's quite unusual and makes me feel uneasy when I'm not depressed.

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know that.
Reflection doesn't mean you're depressed, i reflect all the time regardless of my mood. Actually i would say reflection is done more when i'm happy =)) because i want to sort out my thoughts and validate them with my Fi. This is what reflection means to me, sorting, filtering, thinking, observing everything internally, you don't have to be depressed to enjoy it.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
The ENFP who usually texts like crazy doesn't respond to them anymore, and if she does, it's very short answers. Just the thought of responding feels draining.
I can relate with this too, when i'm deep in thought about something that is happening inside i don't want to be disturbed from those thoughts, almost like i focus completely on what's bothering me, so talking interrupts this line of thought, so feels draining.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Reflection doesn't mean you're depressed, i reflect all the time regardless of my mood. Actually i would say reflection is done more when i'm happy =)) because i want to sort out my thoughts and validate them with my Fi. This is what reflection means to me, sorting, filtering, thinking, observing everything internally, you don't have to be depressed to enjoy it.
It's funny, I reflect as well, but it's not like quiet meditation the way I imagine when I hear the word "reflect"....It's more like I'm investigating. I will think of something and then I start my research. I start reading everything I can about whatever issue I'm having or thinking about. Then, as pieces of the puzzle start coming together, it seems to branch off into other areas and I end up learning a ton of new stuff. Sometimes I will do this for long stretches at a time for several days. At the end of it, I want to talk it through in order to really finalize it and process it. So this means I will tell my Husband all about what I've learned and what I plan on doing. This usually leads into a new interest that I am highly involved in for months.

For example...I think "why do I have so many interests that I can obsess over?" this will lead me to discovering I do it to avoid boredom, which might lead me to MBTI and enneagram and basically a whole new realm of self realization, and so on.

Is it like that for you as well, or is it more like quiet reflection?

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
It's funny, I reflect as well, but it's not like quiet meditation the way I imagine when I hear the word "reflect"....It's more like I'm investigating. I will think of something and then I start my research. I start reading everything I can about whatever issue I'm having or thinking about. Then, as pieces of the puzzle start coming together, it seems to branch off into other areas and I end up learning a ton of new stuff. Sometimes I will do this for long stretches at a time for several days. At the end of it, I want to talk it through in order to really finalize it and process it. So this means I will tell my Husband all about what I've learned and what I plan on doing. This usually leads into a new interest that I am highly involved in for months.

For example...I think "why do I have so many interests that I can obsess over?" this will lead me to discovering I do it to avoid boredom, which might lead me to MBTI and enneagram and basically a whole new realm of self realization, and so on.

Is it like that for you as well, or is it more like quiet reflection?
I think its both, introspection = reflection. I can do it quietly, or still remain active.

I do however understand very well what you just explained, my husband is laughing at the word obsession ;) Yep, i can become obsessed with knowledge and material too, just like ideas or theories. And yes, i will research it all until i learn everything i need to know about the topic. I can drive my husband nuts when i get in these moods, because not only do i feel its necessary to research, i also need to tell him everything i know as i'm learning. This is wonderful if its about things we are both interested in, although my idea of interesting isn't always his. For example i did a family tree for a friend, researching all the ancestors etc. I would get excited if i found something great, well...blah, blah ;-)...him..listens with 1 ear.......oh yes, one obsession can lead to a new one, every week cough****

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
When I'm depressed, I shut the world out. I spend extreme amounts of time alone. I have no energy for joking around, even when there is a ton of things for me to make fun of. I'm not as social as I am with the people I'm friends with (though, Im not that social to begin with) and also, I stop with the scheming and planning. Its like all the gears that were turning in my head just stopped.

·
Banned
627 Posts
This happened to me before: mistaking an enfp for isxj.

I take the bus often, and there's this one driver I thought to be an isfj. He would always give me a difficult time, including once almost knocking my umbrella out of my hand when waving it so he wouldn't pass me by. One day after thinking about the conversations we had, it clicked. He's probably an enxp. From than on I started to be nicer to him.

I was walking by on Easter on my way to Walmart, and he stopped the bus to ask me if I was staying out of trouble. My heart melted. I

The next time I saw him, he had on these nerdy glasses. Now when I see him I always smile, because I think I know why he was so mean to me before.

Anywho, if he was to ask me out on a date I would consider it...I'm shy when it comes to dating...but than again he could be married.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
exaggerated laughter but leaving your presence early. avoiding calls n no reply. short quick responses. absence. verry quiet, paced out or uninterested. lack of eye contact. not greeting you first.

sparks from the eyes is lost...

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
...they do a disappearing act which is followed by the awkwardness of trying to figure out how to explain it to important people without burdening them with your negativity.

I am terrible for this.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts