Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
M, 20s, fine & dandy.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
I prefer the surreal dreamy beach one because... it’s much more interesting than boring croissant girl. There’s something about that beach & skies that speaks hope, wisdom, ambition. Can’t put my finger on it.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I’m a curious person who likes to work together with others to solve challenging problems. I like to focus on the bigger picture and get others invested in it too.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I‘d like to be an awesome leader that can maximize the potential of people & groups to get major shit done. It’s satisfying it’s exhilarating, and it leaves testament to my name.

I wouldn’t want to be a sad, average, squirrely loser. In this type of situation, I’d feel just at the complete mercy of society & even minor societal standards / expectations, basically being a replaceable anybody that just flows through the current of all things mediocre — no self-respect, no nards to express my true self.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
Why does this question come after 4. And not 3.? Chronologically.... this should come after 3. Anyway...

I think not everyone sees my big-picture orientation. To many leisure acquaintances I probably seem like a chill dude who does his own thing but happy to talk / hang as well.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
Forget the test let me just tell you.

I think having the confidence to voice your truth is important. As is helping those who put an honest effort, being there for your close ones no matter what. Authenticity. Enjoying moments. Managing stress. Can’t really explain why, this is just the way it is for me.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
Ya sure I just moved across the world from USA to Europe a few months ago. Totally chill. Packed my life into 3 suitcases the night before the flight. Had all my arrangements set up already with my company. Moved into a sweet apartment, life isn’t so bad minus covid timing.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I either procrastinate & distract myself or double down and plow through, depending on the severity / how I feel about it. If it’s a truly stressful situation, I can really hunker down and find some way out — probably at the expense of my health.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
Verrrry excited, happy, at peace, energetic, flow, joking.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I like both. One-on-ones are awesome for really digging deep into another person’s soul... or even just to plan things in a partnership. Group interaction is also awesome, for surface jokes, exchanging ideas, taking down tasks, or just kicking it.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
Social norms values customs traditions Boo. I do enjoy societal progress, innovation, adaptation of new technologies, mindsets, and movements.

People as a whole..... very confused, very lost, lots of ego — but some are amazing, intelligent, beautiful, loving, caring, filled with grit — they’re so inspiring to me.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
It’s hard for me to respect authority for authority’s sake. I can respect someone in an authority position if I respect them as a person for their character.

I tend to get really loose with obeying rules, almost to test how much freedom I have and push the boundaries.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
I feel like I live in too much chaos. The more order I put to the world around me, the more at peace I become.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
Being a pussy, because then... you end up not living YOUR life.. you just end up living a life of obeying your circumstances.

I do my best to stand on my own two feet and critically question what’s in my path and what steps I want to take.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
My desire is to achieve my dream role, and earn ample (but not too much) to support my family, friends, & people I believe in — and to give back to causes I believe in, while having a good time & enjoying the good life. My dream role is a position of leadership — but I don’t need to be public-facing, I’m happy with heavy influence behind the scenes.

It stems from... things I enjoy and.. a Stanford study I read about true happiness — that it stems from the quality & time spent with your close relationships — not money.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) I find I’m most energized by solving problems real-time & strategizing off-time. I’m also energized by being in nature, being with loved ones, and... music? — don’t know why.
B) I’m really drained by.... social niceties, repetitive mindless tasks, and doing things just because you’re told to.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
Because I’m curious about it.. I feel like if I can understand how I work and my strengths & weaknesses on an intimate level, that I can really leverage myself to propel myself further into life.

I’d probably want to be a type that is a good, modest, effective, & wise leader.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

I’m probably heavily biased into wanting to be the above type. I also recently started into my career so my personality may have shifted slightly to accommodate the new work load — it’s a position of leadership in an unknown space in AI technology. Loving it so far.

·
Registered
INTJ
203 Posts
You answered this like you are making some self insert mary-sue in a fan fiction. You do not seem genuine at all.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
Type 3 seems apparent. Probably ESTJ.
Hard to fully say since you act as your own hype man, so I can't trust how authentic your own words are.
A young soul to say the least.

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
I agree with the other posters that it's a bit difficult to type you. There is not much personal information, but hey, that also says something.
I'd say ESTJ or possibly ENTJ. Maaaaybe ISTJ.

Te-dom or at leat auxiliary in my opinion. Seeing a hint of Si there. Enneagram 3 (or mabye 8).

You say you want to be a type that is a good leader, but the thing is... you already are who you are. Being a type won't change that. It's just a tool you can work with. But in order to work with it, you have to be your raw self to figure out your type. So yea, you wanting to be a type might heavily influence the way you answer questions.

·
King of Seduction
7,169 Posts
I see high Fi and low Si in what is written.
Kind of has a ENFP vibe with wanting to lead others but also being authentically yourself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You answered this like you are making some self insert mary-sue in a fan fiction. You do not seem genuine at all.
Except that I am.. look again & try harder.

Type 3 seems apparent. Probably ESTJ.
Hard to fully say since you act as your own hype man, so I can't trust how authentic your own words are.
A young soul to say the least.
It’s nice to be a Gen Z calling others young souls yeah? Makes you feel better about yourself?

For sure not an STJ of any sort I can tell you that. Regarding 3... there’s another thread for that.

I agree with the other posters that it's a bit difficult to type you. There is not much personal information, but hey, that also says something.
I'd say ESTJ or possibly ENTJ. Maaaaybe ISTJ.

Te-dom or at leat auxiliary in my opinion. Seeing a hint of Si there. Enneagram 3 (or mabye 8).

You say you want to be a type that is a good leader, but the thing is... you already are who you are. Being a type won't change that. It's just a tool you can work with. But in order to work with it, you have to be your raw self to figure out your type. So yea, you wanting to be a type might heavily influence the way you answer questions.
Yeah good points.

Leadership is what it is, there’s many different flavors, styles, and situations for it. That said.. to be clearer.. I’m happy chilling as well, but I get a lot of exhilaration from driving the ship & taking full responsibility + ownership for the outcome of something. I like involving others and getting them to share their opinions (except I guess when they’re stupid like some on this thread???)

I see high Fi and low Si in what is written.
Kind of has a ENFP vibe with wanting to lead others but also being authentically yourself.
Hmm.. cool hipster half-baked impression. Don’t gain much from this though :/

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
It’s nice to be a Gen Z calling others young souls yeah? Makes you feel better about yourself?
Your physical age that you experience as a human is separate from your soul age that you experience.
You could be 5 years old and be an old soul, and you could be 80 years and be a young soul.

·
King of Seduction
7,169 Posts
Except that I am.. look again & try harder.

For sure not an STJ of any sort I can tell you that. Regarding 3... there’s another thread for that.

Yeah good points.

Leadership is what it is, there’s many different flavors, styles, and situations for it. That said.. to be clearer.. I’m happy chilling as well, but I get a lot of exhilaration from driving the ship & taking full responsibility + ownership for the outcome of something. I like involving others and getting them to share their opinions (except I guess when they’re stupid like some on this thread???)

Hmm.. cool hipster half-baked impression. Don’t gain much from this though :/
Read more about functions. Specifically those mentioned. See if you think it fits yourself or not.
The easiest way to type yourself IMO - Is to look at your two strongest functions then you look at those you are weakest at. Most of the time the others just cause confusion as they can be very 50/50. Find your strongest dichotomies first.

It's a type me thread and I took a stab at the type. I am not sure what else you'd be looking for.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Read more about functions. Specifically those mentioned. See if you think it fits yourself or not.
The easiest way to type yourself IMO - Is to look at your two strongest functions then you look at those you are weakest at. Most of the time the others just cause confusion as they can be very 50/50. Find your strongest dichotomies first.

It's a type me thread and I took a stab at the type. I am not sure what else you'd be looking for.
I’ve been looking into it. It’s hard for me to differentiate between Ne+Ti and Te+Ni. I can in others, but not in me.

Your physical age that you experience as a human is separate from your soul age that you experience.
You could be 5 years old and be an old soul, and you could be 80 years and be a young soul.
By all means. You want to tell me the sky is blue as well?

Your soul age, in suit, is defined by how much you’ve experienced in life. It must have been real traumatic that time you got 2nd place at the spelling bee. It would explain your high & mighty anointment of “my soul age”.

Stick to typing, you shit.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
I’ve been looking into it. It’s hard for me to differentiate between Ne+Ti and Te+Ni. I can in others, but not in me.

Your soul age, in suit, is defined by how much you’ve experienced in life. It must have been real traumatic that time you got 2nd place at the spelling bee. It would explain your high & mighty anointment of “my soul age”.

·
King of Seduction
7,169 Posts

You came off more Fi to me than Ti.
Seems like it'd be difficult to explain why if you've narrowed down your type to some sort of Ti/Ne or Ne/Ti
You don't have the same vibe as I would expect from an ENTP or INTP.

But considering my initial reaction is wrong, I'll re-read with an ENTP/INTP bias...

I read what you wrote again and I'd say INTP is highly unlikely.
ENTP is possible - you'd fit in with their forum but I don't think it fits as well as ENFP.
You seem like you have lots of ideas and goals and aspirations which come off as characteristic of Ne to me.

I am assuming your sense of humor which can be considered crude or "telling it like it is" is part of the reason you think there is no way you could be a "Feeler" but I have dated enough NPs to know that style is pretty common with a low Te function.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts