Personality Cafe banner

441 - 452 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,954 Posts
Yeah, I'd say that's mostly a uniquely Millennial thing. I know some Xers who were also their friends' and family's IT person, but it's a phenomena that has mostly affected Yers with older Xer and Boomer parents.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
You have fond memories of going to the video store to rent out video tapes.
Rock songs still played on pop radio stations.
You listened to nu metal while growing up and regret that you ever liked it.
You bought music and video games on CDs.
If you wanted an expansion, you bought another CD instead of adding a DLC.
You remember the emo fad back when you were in school.
Bebo and Myspace were the hottest things around.
You didn't use the internet regularly until you were a teenager.
You remember how long you had to wait to load anything on dial-up internet.
Needing to get off the internet to use the phone wasn't silly at all.
Rage comics and Impact font was the default format for memes.
You didn't get your first smartphone until you were in your 20s.

·
Registered
910 Posts
You have fond memories of going to the video store to rent out video tapes.
Rock songs still played on pop radio stations.
You listened to nu metal while growing up and regret that you ever liked it.
You bought music and video games on CDs.
If you wanted an expansion, you bought another CD instead of adding a DLC.
You remember the emo fad back when you were in school.
Bebo and Myspace were the hottest things around.
You didn't use the internet regularly until you were a teenager.
You remember how long you had to wait to load anything on dial-up internet.
Needing to get off the internet to use the phone wasn't silly at all.
Rage comics and Impact font was the default format for memes.
You didn't get your first smartphone until you were in your 20s.
Well, I never experienced dialup so I wouldnt know what it was like to not be able to use the internet while using a telephone. We had broadband right away. Many millennials did as they didnt have internet for like half of their childhood with wifi coming out in 1998 and broadband outnumbering dialup in 2004, in the US at least. The millennials born in the 90s had smartphones in their teens. If you had Sega, your games were on cartridges. I remember those until I was six.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well, I never experienced dialup so I wouldnt know what it was like to not be able to use the internet while using a telephone. We had broadband right away. Many millennials did as they didnt have internet for like half of their childhood with wifi coming out in 1998 and broadband outnumbering dialup in 2004, in the US at least. The millennials born in the 90s had smartphones in their teens. If you had Sega, your games were on cartridges. I remember those until I was six.
we didnt get internet until i was a teenager and im a core millennial

alot of people will tell you that the internet was becoming big in like 1995 or whatever and i can tell you that its false, i doubt that even a third of people had internet even in 99

from what i remember and i can remember a year like 1995 including the technology like yesterday and it wasnt until the mid 00s that pretty much everyone had access to the internet

·
Registered
543 Posts

alot of people will tell you that the internet was becoming big in like 1995 or whatever and i can tell you that its false, i doubt that even a third of people had internet even in 99

from what i remember and i can remember a year like 1995 including the technology like yesterday and it wasnt until the mid 00s that pretty much everyone had access to the internet
yes it is true lol.

·
Registered
910 Posts

Yeah, it was only around mid 2000s when 50% of people, in the US at least, had internet access at home. Internet at home started in the early 80s itself, not 1995. People had usenet at home, and the web was invented in the late 80s, but it wasnt until the mid 2000s when home internet was mainstream (meaning at least 50% of individuals had internet access at home). Worldwide, it was only around early 2018.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Late 90s babies (September 1996-1999 were the last, if living in developed countries) were the last to understand life without home internet being mainstream, being that early 2000s babies were preschoolers or just infants at the time.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
No that shit above is not Gen Y :exterminate:

When you want to tie one of these imposter gen Ys to a chair with a spiral phone chord, and make them listen to the repeated sounds of dial up internet inbetween the sound of an answering machine while saved by the bell, intro song plays over and over as well in the back round, while forcing them to drink surge, and then plank them with gak slime. While slapping their wrists with slap bracelets. Until they admit they are imposters!

·
Registered
167 Posts
you realized LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring, Spirited Away, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (the Movie), Shrek, The Fast and the Furious (the first one), Donnie Darko, Monsters INC, Incubus "Wish you were here", System of a Down "Chop Suey", Gorillaz "Clint Eastwood", Linkin Park "In the End" and many more will be 20 years old next year, 2021.

Reactions: Judson Joist
441 - 452 of 452 Posts