Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm mostly making this thread so I can learn more about whether my si is inferior or tertiary. But here goes...

When trying to recall what someone looks like in detail, you find yourself unsure of whether or not they have glasses and what colour their eyes actually are. :rolleyes:

You lose...everything! (is that an inferior si thing? i don't even know)

Your introverted sensor friends point out small changes in things and you think they're amazing because you didn't notice at all.

·
Registered
INFJ ♀ 2w1 || 9w1 || 5w4 Sp/Sx Decadent.
835 Posts
That sounds more like inferior extraverted sensing but I think it's a personal problem.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
When trying to recall what someone looks like in detail, you find yourself unsure of whether or not they have glasses and what colour their eyes actually are. :rolleyes:
Wait...this kind of stuff doesn't happen to everyone?

To be honest I didn't realize my own eyes were dark brown rather than truly black until I was about 20.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You know you have inferior Si when you forget to brush your teeth and wear the same underwear two days in a row and you don't keep track of your physical fitness and emotional state.

You have inferior Si when you suddenly explode into hunger.

I don't know I have no idea. I think of Si in terms of homeostasis and maintaining the individual, and looking back at what has worked and dealing with things via the senses in a realistic fashion. Someone else can expand on that.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
When your memory for details is so bad your coworkers think it's a medical problem - "you should get that checked out".

When your friends want to know what you did last weekend and you're like "uhhhhh..." because there's an abnormally long delay in recalling anything from the past. (And then your friends accuse you of "hiding something" and get angry.)

You have inferior Si when you suddenly explode into hunger.
Or into an urge to pee... When you don't notice a progressing urinary urge until it's at 11 on the scale and you gotta run to the bathroom now!

Reactions: Lunaena

·
Registered
4w5
1,535 Posts
I have a very hard time remembering to eat and do other bodily physical things. I suddenly feel extreme hunger and realize I have not eaten for one and a half day. I also have trouble noticing details in the environment.

I can be very obsessed with something and not notice something "obvious" that has been there for years, and suddenly someone talks about it, and I have no idea what they are talking about, and then they point at it and I realize... it has been right in front of my face all these years, and I never noticed it before.

I struggle recalling in detail what I've been doing because the day has passed by and I've been doing my own things, like my hobbies (reading, writing etc), but if someone asks me what I've been doing, I will have a hard time actually coming up with what to tell them even though I kind of know what I've been doing.

My boss is very detail orientated (strong Si) and she thinks I am hopeless sometimes. I work in a grocery store with food and there are things that to her seems obvious, but that I can't find. I am horrible at finding things and if a customer needs help finding something, I will struggle as much as them in finding it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
All of them are convinced they're dying of cancer or something whenever they have a cold or something. A couple ENFPs and all the ENTPs I've ever met seem bizarrely preoccupied with imminent death.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
All of them are convinced they're dying of cancer or something whenever they have a cold or something. A couple ENFPs and all the ENTPs I've ever met seem bizarrely preoccupied with imminent death.
You know you have inferior Si when you've convinced yourself you have smallpox. True story. I had just watched a documentary about smallpox. :crazy:

On that note, this Yahoo Answers person might have inferior Si lol:

Do I have smallpox?????
i feel nausea, tired, no fever, and my leg itched a little. it has a couple little red bumps with white stuff around it.and red from where ive been itching,(like two). and my leg has white things on it which i think is dry skin. is it smallpox? i am a worry wort and I just heard about this last week. so now im scared that it is small pox. do u think so?
Hm, dry skin or smallpox? I dunno...

Reactions: penny lane

·
Registered
697 Posts
You know you have inferior Si when you've convinced yourself you have smallpox. True story. I had just watched a documentary about smallpox. :crazy:

On that note, this Yahoo Answers person might have inferior Si lol:

Hm, dry skin or smallpox? I dunno...

I'm starting to wonder if I have it inferior si that is not smallpox. I always dismissed the idea but the more I read about inferior si I can't rule it out.

A few things that make me think I could have it

I am a hit and a miss about noticing things

I get bored with details

I forget where I have put things

When I am on forums about a movie or tv show I am amazed that others remember what the characters wore. I think back and I don't most of the time.There are a few exceptions The Big Bang Theory and House are the main ones. The characters wear clothes that are an extension of the personality.Most of the time no unless it animated and the characters normally wear the same thing.

I didn't think I obsessing about my health but a few concerns I have had recently I realize looking back I do it more than I thought.

I have even talked about willing my body to science.

I can learn things with practice but it's not like it is with a si dom.It takes me a while to settle on something and then practice it enough.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I am a hit and a miss about noticing things

I get bored with details

I forget where I have put things
I don't think this kind of stuff is type-related.

As for details-- Inferior sensing in general is more like a vagueness, glossing over details, almost inability to focus on or remember details - even when one is interested and trying to focus on or remember them - rather than getting bored with details. It's not about boredom - I usually can't remember details very well at all, even when I'm very interested in them and trying to remember them.

When I am on forums about a movie or tv show I am amazed that others remember what the characters wore. I think back and I don't most of the time.There are a few exceptions The Big Bang Theory and House are the main ones. The characters wear clothes that are an extension of the personality.Most of the time no unless it animated and the characters normally wear the same thing.
I can see this point - I can't even remember the characters' names most of the time, lol, so this could be related to a poor memory for details.

I didn't think I obsessing about my health but a few concerns I have had recently I realize looking back I do it more than I thought.
Inferior sensing is related to hypochondria, though, not obsessing about one's health in general, which could be more enneagram related or related to being self-pres dominant in instinctual variants. ETA: It could even be catastrophizing about one's health-- do you find yourself generating negative possibilities/outcomes about your health?

I have even talked about willing my body to science.
Donating your body to science? Is not type-related. (Good for you though! :)

I can learn things with practice but it's not like it is with a si dom.It takes me a while to settle on something and then practice it enough.
Well, most Si doms I've known do well with repetition and get better with practice, whereas I can't stand repetition and seem to get worse with practice, lol (because I pay less and less attention with each repetition). But, I've seen Se types say the same things around the forum about a low tolerance for repetition - so this might not be inferior Si related, anyway.

Overall, based on my interactions with you, I haven't seen much Ne at all, to be honest, so I don't think you could have inferior Si. I also still think you are Fi dom.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I don't think this kind of stuff is type-related.

As for details-- Inferior sensing in general is more like a vagueness, glossing over details, almost inability to focus on or remember details - even when one is interested and trying to focus on or remember them - rather than getting bored with details. It's not about boredom - I usually can't remember details very well at all, even when I'm very interested in them and trying to remember them.

I can see this point - I can't even remember the characters' names most of the time, lol, so this could be related to a poor memory for details.

Inferior sensing is related to hypochondria, though, not obsessing about one's health in general, which could be more enneagram related or related to being self-pres dominant in instinctual variants. ETA: It could even be catastrophizing about one's health-- do you find yourself generating negative possibilities/outcomes about your health?

Donating your body to science? Is not type-related. (Good for you though! :)

Well, most Si doms I've known do well with repetition and get better with practice, whereas I can't stand repetition and seem to get worse with practice, lol (because I pay less and less attention with each repetition). But, I've seen Se types say the same things around the forum about a low tolerance for repetition - so this might not be inferior Si related, anyway.

Overall, based on my interactions with you, I haven't seen much Ne at all, to be honest, so I don't think you could have inferior Si. I also still think you are Fi dom.
I know sometimes I'm not sure what is type related and what isn't. Some of it seems obvious other things I'm not sure .I'm still sorting that out. I guess many of us here are

Health wise .I did have some health issues in the past not so much now. It could be one of those things you hear about someone having a cough then they find out the have cancer and it's on you mind. I though it out there about willing body to science I don't imagine it is type relate. Enneagram related it a though though. I had make sure my mother knew I was't being morbid or anything it's just something I had thought about for a long time.

More information is helpful but sometimes it's confusing too.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I know sometimes I'm not sure what is type related and what isn't. Some of it seems obvious other things I'm not sure .I'm still sorting that out. I guess many of us here are

Health wise .I did have some health issues in the past not so much now. It could be one of those things you hear about someone having a cough then they find out the have cancer and it's on you mind. I though it out there about willing body to science I don't imagine it is type relate. Enneagram related it a though though. I had make sure my mother knew I was't being morbid or anything it's just something I had thought about for a long time.

More information is helpful but sometimes it's confusing too.
No worries, most of us are just figuring this stuff out as we go along. :kitteh:

Yes, the willing body to science stuff could actually be more Fe or Fi related, now that I think of it. It seems like a judgment thing anyway, not a perception one. Thinking about it for a long time in particular sounds like a judgment process-- perhaps related to values? The way I see it, I have no use for a body after I'm dead, so I'd rather it be used to further research and to help people. (Could be some Fe there, for me.) So I'm with you there. :)

Glad you don't have many health issues now.

Reactions: penny lane

·
Registered
697 Posts
No worries, most of us are just figuring this stuff out as we go along. :kitteh:

Yes, the willing body to science stuff could actually be more Fe or Fi related, now that I think of it. It seems like a judgment thing anyway, not a perception one. Thinking about it for a long time in particular sounds like a judgment process-- perhaps related to values? The way I see it, I have no use for a body after I'm dead, so I'd rather it be used to further research and to help people. (Could be some Fe there, for me.) So I'm with you there. :)

Glad you don't have many health issues now.

Exactly it might as well do someone some good.Right? Further medical science.

Yes the Fi vs Fe thing is something I have been trying to understand better. Sometimes it's obvious but people are complex it's not something that you can learn in a few weeks or months.

·
Registered
685 Posts
you pick at your skin. not every single ENxP i know does this, but everyone i know who does this is an ENxP.
I pick my skin and I am INTP.

Si Tertiary in me:
I get irritable when I am hungry, I get sad when I am cold and I get confused when I am overloaded but I fail to recognize the sensations before it's too late. And then I get hyperaware of them and can't focus on anything else.
I have very vivid imagination - I can make myself "see" and "feel" anything as if it was reality. Si stored fragmentary sensations are like play-doh for my daydreaming. But my daydreaming doesn't involve past/memories, it's about future or alternate realities. I also "see" and "feel" everything I read - I don't see pages filled by text but imaginary movies.
I tend to know "I seen it somewhere before", "It seems familiar" but fail to remember where, when and what exactly it was. But it still helps me in life.
My memory to details and lists is poor. But I do remember some random details as snapshots and can make up possible context to them using Ti and Ne and recreate whole "memories" this way. The "memories" feel real the same way as my imagination does(they are created using the Si stored fragmentary sensations) and they are in fact imaginations of what possibly has happened based on the few details I remember.
I like reading favorite books over and over again till I get feed of them and then they stop being my favorites. Although nostalgia stays.
Some words bring distracting deja lu effect when I read a random thing I might have possibly read before but I fail remember anything else from the text and I am not sure if the text is just similar or I am really reading the same thing again. It bothers me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.