Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 1269 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the lack of a "You Know You're a Nine When..." thread in this forum disturbing.

You know you're a nine when people get angry at you for not deciding if you want pizza or cheeseburger.

You know you're a nine when you forgot to write that paper that was due today, again.

You know you're a nine when you got more sad when your bestfriend's girlfriend dumped him then when your girlfriend dumped you.

You know you're a nine when you don't know if you are a nine.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
You know you're a nine when people you don't know feel completely accepted and can be themselves around you

When people really like you more than you like them when you first get to know them.

When you try to predict how someone will react to something and act to minimize conflict

When can't avoid conflict you ignore it by taking a it is what is attitude.

When if someone accidentally chops your leg off you know would be more worried about how they feel about chopping you're leg off then the fact that you're leg just got chopped off.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
... You express your frustration towards the pointlessness of a particular point in a lecture by making a joke at a volume where everyone in the room can hear, and you don't care what the professor thinks of that.

·
Registered
366 Posts
... You express your frustration towards the pointlessness of a particular point in a lecture by making a joke at a volume where everyone in the room can hear, and you don't care what the professor thinks of that.
Haha... My teacher was like (on demographics) "How long does people in Norway live?" And I replied out loud: "People in Norway live until they die, just like in other countries."

·
Registered
712 Posts
When it's so much easier to give up something that is important to you, than to start a new plan that will be of benefit to you.

When you are completely obssessed with a task and work busily on it for weeks on end then take a break for just one day and never pick it up again.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
When you're hesitant to post in this thread because you don't know if everyone will accept what you have to say.

When you re-watch an entire season of a show (or some equally mindless task) in order to avoid the conflict that's going on inside of you.

When you are the confidant for all of your friends.

When you put others before yourself.

When you are angry at someone and take it out passive-aggressively by being stand-offish and sarcastic.

When you are so relaxed that nothing seems to phase you, and challenges are met with optimism.

·
Registered
379 Posts
When you spend ages watching a forum - checking it every day, even - but don't post until you start seeing other people post.

I've noticed that in this forum. There's a whole period of inaction, then all of a sudden, one person posts and the posts come flooding in as if all these Nines had been here, lurking, the whole time.

(Which we probably were.)

Or maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I found the lack of a "You Know You're a Nine When..." thread in this forum disturbing.

You know you're a nine when people get angry at you for not deciding if you want pizza or cheeseburger.
wow this happens to me everytime im given a choice...they get angry at me, i tell them to decide both they wont, then i get annoyed, then they call me grumpy...hmph...

You know you're a nine when you forgot to write that paper that was due today, again.no idea how many times thats happened
You know you're a nine when people you don't know feel completely accepted and can be themselves around you

When people really like you more than you like them when you first get to know them. hmm, i get that alot too, i dont know why...

When you try to predict how someone will react to something and act to minimize conflict being an ISFJ i do this lots...its the feeling thing...

When can't avoid conflict you ignore it by taking a it is what is attitude. ignoring conflict, check...
Haha... My teacher was like (on demographics) "How long does people in Norway live?" And I replied out loud: "People in Norway live until they die, just like in other countries."
HAHAHA! i laughed at that...actually, outloud...completely something i would do!

When you are completely obssessed with a task and work busily on it for weeks on end then take a break for just one day and never pick it up again.
yup, so many times!

·
Registered
141 Posts
When it's so much easier to give up something that is important to you, than to start a new plan that will be of benefit to you.

:crazy: HAHAHA maybe I could be a 9. That's so accurate, both of them!

·
Registered
141 Posts
When you spend ages watching a forum - checking it every day, even - but don't post until you start seeing other people post.

I've noticed that in this forum. There's a whole period of inaction, then all of a sudden, one person posts and the posts come flooding in as if all these Nines had been here, lurking, the whole time.

(Which we probably were.)

Or maybe it's just me.
Nope, you're not alone :blushed: I've been stalking this one to see when other people would start posting because 1. I wanted to see if I was actually a 9 and 2. I didn't know what other 9's would think of what I had in mind to post... :crazy:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Nope, you're not alone :blushed: I've been stalking this one to see when other people would start posting because 1. I wanted to see if I was actually a 9 and 2. I didn't know what other 9's would think of what I had in mind to post... :crazy:
Lol, yeah but once your realize you're a nine, you can infer that since that is nine place we'll just accept and carry on. (lmao, I almost deleted this because you're own reasoning, and wondering what you would think :confused:)

You know you're nine when even though you can be confident and perfectly correct in you're reasoning you still don't believe yourself enough take action with your own reasoning.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
You know you're a nine when you love to indulge in creature comforts. For me, these include: macaroni & cheese, chocolate, snuggling in blankets, any and all variations of bread and cheese, snuggling with my dog... You get the idea.

You know you're nine when even though you can be confident and perfectly correct in you're reasoning you still don't believe yourself enough take action with your own reasoning.
See, this is what drives me to make crazy, impulsive decisions. I reason things out so thoroughly (and come up with nothing - too many arguments for both sides) that it tends to drive me insane. So in order to escape this, I just act on impulse. This has gotten me into such problems as breaking rules and making awkward romantic advances :laughing:

Am I even being relevant right now? Should I just not post this at all? But I will anyway because I think that illustrates my own point.

Does anyone else do that?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
See, this is what drives me to make crazy, impulsive decisions. I reason things out so thoroughly (and come up with nothing - too many arguments for both sides) that it tends to drive me insane. So in order to escape this, I just act on impulse. This has gotten me into such problems as breaking rules and making awkward romantic advances :laughing:

Am I even being relevant right now? Should I just not post this at all? But I will anyway because I think that illustrates my own point.

Man, tell me about it. With me it always comes down to reasoning things out to the point where there's so many valid paths and perspectives that all I can do is make an impulsive, quasi-arbitrary decision guided only faintly by my general intuition. Like, every day it's like there's a calculation of whether I should make an advance on my cute coworker, and even though there's a low chance of that actually going though on my part, if enough days pass, at the rate that we platonically flirt, it's like it's statistically impossible that an awkward romantic advance won't slip out when I get bored of reasoning everything out in my head.

Bah, then again, you never know. I've weathered worse.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
You know you're a nine when you think of your procrastination as a monster. He has a personality, maybe even a name. :)
I never thought to name it! Now, let me go spend 3 hours pondering an appropriate name for my procrastination.. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I never thought to name it! Now, let me go spend 3 hours pondering an appropriate name for my procrastination.. :laughing:
I think I'll name mine Shia LeBeouf, so every time I put something off, I think "Oh, he was a shitty actor. Do I really want to be a shitty actor too?"

It makes sense in my mind.:proud:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
You know you're a nine when you love to indulge in creature comforts. For me, these include: macaroni & cheese, chocolate, snuggling in blankets, any and all variations of bread and cheese, snuggling with my dog... You get the idea.

It's my personal belief that entp nines argue everything into nothing, just like you described. I can always think of so many reasons on all sides it turns into a paradox, and I end up just thinking in circles. I've kind of started to place more emphasis on feelings, as way of helping me interpret and choose a logical point. So now I'm processing feelings and figuring them out as a a combo way of making decisions.

Is it sad we all do that exact same thing, the second to last line. lol, it's funny, it happens to us, and I wouldn't chalk it up to confidence it's more benevolent than an insecurity.

Man, tell me about it. With me it always comes down to reasoning things out to the point where there's so many valid paths and perspectives that all I can do is make an impulsive, quasi-arbitrary decision guided only faintly by my general intuition. Like, every day it's like there's a calculation of whether I should make an advance on my cute coworker, and even though there's a low chance of that actually going though on my part, if enough days pass, at the rate that we platonically flirt, it's like it's statistically impossible that an awkward romantic advance won't slip out when I get bored of reasoning everything out in my head.

Bah, then again, you never know. I've weathered worse.
I'm the same way. I even have problem determining if I like them, for the same reason. And, if I see two or more possibilities (girls I might have chance with/feel something for) I'm almost totally screwed cause I can't pick one to pursue, and try to initiate anything with to find out anything. I'm just shutdown by it to a extent. I can see a conflict between it, internal and external it just doesn't work. I am impulsive just like y'all if I wasn't nothing would happen. I'd be too busy thinking about it.

You know you're a nine when you sit a philosophy discussion and manage to actively participate without ever revealing your own views on the topic.

When coin things to make it same less confrontational or troublesome. (It's not a crush or real attraction, it's just an intriguing possibility).

When you find yourself acting by instinct before you think and then beat yourself for it or things that are typical, but see as unnecessary problem risks. (Like having to be the typical guy and left heavy things, to be strong in the eyes of others, but inadvertently caused problems (only in your eyes) since you denied help, as they where trying to help you)

When you can see yourself somewhat objectively and watch yourself and behavior in an attempt to transcend yourself, while making peace with/fully realizing yourself.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
You know you're a nine when you think of your procrastination as a monster. He has a personality, maybe even a name. :)
HAHA now I'VE GOT to name it/him/that!
edit: You know now you have to make the thread "Name your procrastinator monster" or I'll do it for you =). Cause it's a brilliant idea. (I give you 3 days *wink*)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HAHA now I'VE GOT to name it/him/that!
edit: You know now you have to make the thread "Name your procrastinator monster" or I'll do it for you =). Cause it's a brilliant idea. (I give you 3 days *wink*)
Your procrastinator monster won't let you do it!

Also, mine's name is "Pri" it's the short form of "preguiça", which means lazyness in portuguese, also it looks like it's the short form of "Priscila", a common girl name around here.

1 - 20 of 1269 Posts