Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe that no one has made a thread like this before! Anyway, this thread is self-explanatory, just post things that remind you of your "fiveness".

So I'll start. You know you're a type five when you would rather spend a Saturday night reading than going to a party or the mall.

·
Banned
220 Posts
When you know the perfect thing to say, but remain silent because you can't decide on how to word it.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
When you meet someone with a personality disorder, or something like autism or asperger's, and you immediately feel the need to study the disorder so as to better understand the person.

I did that with a girl I fell in love with. She has borderline personality disorder/ is vaguely schizophrenic seeming.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Your friends/people-that-have-dragged-you-out-into-a-social-setting are all really excited, talking about stuff you really don't care about, while you're thinking about subjects that you're actually interested in. Then, once you bring it up, none of them make an effort to the conversation and you realise you've basically been talking to yourself.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
When you "just leave" when social situations stop stimulating you- and are quite flabbergasted when people find that strange.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
...when you are not interested in exploring what is already familiar and well-established;
rather, your attention is drawn to the unusual, the overlooked, the secret, the occult, the bizarre, the fantastic, the “unthinkable.”

ohh yeah.
Sometimes I get so frustrated with people who are stuck in "conventional" modes of thinking I constantly shock them with the bizarre, the fantastic, the unthinkable (a rare insight I have into human nature that people just don't like to acknowledge- and I proceed to prove that it's true), the taboo (I keep expounding on my views of controversial subjects, like incest and polyamory), the morbid (usually some horrific bit of history/news, or I start speculating on the best way to die, which is a legitimate question that would make a lot of people happier in the end if they'd only considered it) just to "open their eyes". Of course, most of them behave like a child who has been led, with both hands covering his face, in front of irrefutable proof that Santa doesn't exist. He unwillingly takes a peak through opening his fingers but ultimately closes them immediately and runs from the room.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
when you think about morbid stuff, like what your last meal would be if you were a Death Row inmate who was to be executed in 24 hours;
when you drift into your thoughts when someone, even a close friend, talks your ear off about shit you don't care about;
when you can't wait to leave social gathering to visit PerC or read a book;
when you know you should care and you know you do but you care more from the head than from the heart (does this even make sense?)

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Sometimes I get so frustrated with people who are stuck in "conventional" modes of thinking I constantly shock them with the bizarre, the fantastic, the unthinkable (a rare insight I have into human nature that people just don't like to acknowledge- and I proceed to prove that it's true), the taboo (I keep expounding on my views of controversial subjects, like incest and polyamory), the morbid (usually some horrific bit of history/news, or I start speculating on the best way to die, which is a legitimate question that would make a lot of people happier in the end if they'd only considered it) just to "open their eyes". Of course, most of them behave like a child who has been led, with both hands covering his face, in front of irrefutable proof that Santa doesn't exist. He unwillingly takes a peak through opening his fingers but ultimately closes them immediately and runs from the room.
Morbid stuff is fun to think about. And Santa DOES NOT exist. Neither does the Tooth Fairy. I've known this since I was 4, ha! But then again, maybe I'm a bad 5 because I believe in a higher power, whether you want to call it God, Allah, the Cosmic. Oy, I confuse even myself, which is why I just don't think I'm equipped to deal with a serious, intimate relationship. Isn't this typical type 5 then? Anyway, I love your post; it makes sense to me!

·
Registered
92 Posts
...when you are not interested in exploring what is already familiar and well-established;
rather, your attention is drawn to the unusual, the overlooked, the secret, the occult, the bizarre, the fantastic, the “unthinkable.”

ohh yeah.
this is soo true

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
when you think about morbid stuff, like what your last meal would be if you were a Death Row inmate who was to be executed in 24 hours;
I actually went on great lengths to justify why I should/should not be alive. Fun stuff.

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,253 Posts
This thread (and the ones like it) are riddled with stereotypes and vague statements that most introverts can relate to. So many mistyped Fives on the forum.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts