Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe that no one has made a thread like this before! Anyway, this thread is self-explanatory, just post things that remind you of your "fiveness".

So I'll start. You know you're a type five when you would rather spend a Saturday night reading than going to a party or the mall.

·
Banned
440 Posts
you know you're a 5 when ...

-you breathe that extra sigh of relief after walking into your quiet house after being at work all day
-you know you need new clothes yet you hate shopping even more
-you prefer to leave the office for lunch rather than eat in the lunchroom with co-workers...then when out you prefer to eat in your car alone listening to talk radio
-you have caught people just staring with a lost expression on their face when you get a bit too excited talking about one of your new topics of interest
- you genuinely don't get cell phones
- you'd rather attend a lecture on the enneagram on a friday night than attend a party

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
-you have caught people just staring with a lost expression on their face when you get a bit too excited talking about one of your new topics of interest
I seem to have this happen frequently.

You know you're a 5 when, while sitting at a table with friends, you find yourself following approximately 3 different conversations all at the same time because none of them are in depth enough to hold your attention.

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
You know you're a 5(w4 anyway) when you thought you were a 4 but the 'you know you're a 4 when' comments seemed way too melodramatic and 'why me?' You might have a lot of the four-type issues but you do research and figure out how to handle your problems yourself.

You hate loading your issues on other people. You don't understand why people are always asking you for advice- can't they figure it out themselves?

You think you're sharing things about yourself/being emotional, but all you're talking about is the enneagram and instinctual variants. It sounds like a lecture not a confessional.

You consider yourself emotional and sensitive but that's because you are emotional and sensitive when you're by yourself, which is most of the time. In reality, with others you have to make a concerted effort to be that way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You know you are five, when the magazine selection in the tea room at work horrifies you, so you decide bring all your science mags from home in the interest of expanding one's mind.
You know you are five, when presented with the choice of going to a party, or researching (and buying books) for your latest interest, the latter sounds more exciting.
You know you are a five, when people refer to you as the human encyclopedia.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
....you know you are 5 when you spent your birthday glued to the computer playing Dune in stead of interacting with the other children.

...you know you are a 5 when you grew up with National Geographic, Animal Planet and Discovery Chanel, glued to the tv and science.

....when you get exited like it is Christmas when the new pc parts arrive in the mail.

....when the thought of modding your PC and turning it into a gaming powerhouse is is in the back of your mind constantly...I need more ram.

...you know you are a 5 when you lock yourself away in your room for days because Dragon Age origins just came out and you absolutely must play.

...you know you are a 5 when you are glued to your laptop, books or desktop 24/7 <---k I exaggerated on this one

...you know you are a 5 when you WTB a life <--maybe this is a bit more personal.

...you know you are a 5 when you are writing this off a hand built pc and dual boot.

...you know you are a 5 when your first reaction in a group is to distance yourself and read/play on your phone

...you know you are a 5 when you get annoyed that people just barge into your room without knocking and asking for permission.

...when your spent the last 6 months 95% inside you room.

..you know you are a 5 when you zone out in the middle of a conversation and can't hear what they are saying because your thoughts about something else are too loud. I do this when i get bored...:( it pisses ppl off but I can't help not being interested

·
Registered
29 Posts
...you know you are a 5 when you are writing this off a hand built pc and dual boot.
This is 100% true for me, i built my PC and have dual boot with Windows 7 and Linux :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Above is a lame troll. Seen him elsewhere on this forum with nothing to add. Report and /ignore.

(Half of this one will probably be true) You know you're a 5 when the desk your sat at reading this message looks like the aftermath of an explosion placed between a library and an electronics store.

And to add to that:
You know you're a 5 when your desk appears to be in chaos, but the files on your computer are near perfectly organised.

You know you're a 5 when the words "because I said so" always had little value to you.

You know you're a 5 when you've become the office / school / household go to guy/gal for computer technical matters.

You know you're a 5 when often during small talk your responses are limited to one word answers or subdued head movements whilst secretly you're wishing that for once in your life you could be abrasive enough to say "I have to leave for surgery", and then upon being asked what for, you could respond, "I'm having my ears sewn shut."

You know you're a 5 when vows of silence don't seem like a big deal. Especially when someones doing 24 hours for charity.

You know you're a 5 when you're succeeding thought to hearing about a 24 hour vow of silence for charity is along the lines of any of the following: "I probably do that most days." / "Pah! Only 24 hours?" / "If I had a penny for every time I did that I'd be rich by now."

Oh and out of interest on this one for any smokers (not sure how true this one will be):
You know you're a 5 when you simply cannot make up your mind on what cigarrettes to purchase when confronted with a wall of different brands.

You also know you are a 5 when you have little to no understanding of cigarrettes brand culture, and absolutely do not hold any brand loyalty whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts