Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 10480 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I thought this would be a fun discussion to see what people say...

What are some clear signs that you're an INFJ??

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
You know you're an INFJ when you have seven well-loved indoor cats, two happy dogs, a gerbil, a friendly guinea pig, a turtle, a parrot, a parakeet, three hamsters and seven goldfish, and your house is still spotless, does not smell like feces or urine, and there is no fur on the furniture. Extra points if you have a psychic bond with your animals or believe you used to be one. {true story}
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
You know your INFJ when you forgive people that betray you..... twice

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
You know you're an INFJ when you have seven well-loved indoor cats, two happy dogs, a gerbil, a friendly guinea pig, a turtle, a parrot, a parakeet, three hamsters and seven goldfish, and your house is still spotless, does not smell like feces or urine, and there is no fur on the furniture. Extra points if you have a psychic bond with your animals or believe you used to be one. {true story}
Posted via Mobile Device
Hmm... this isn't me, but it reminds me of my mum, who is an ISFP.

You know your INFJ when you forgive people that betray you..... twice
And this one reminds me of my bestest friend, who is an ISFJ.
While I make a point of setting free my feelings of hurt and betrayal, I do not go back to the person who caused them.

I'll try to think of clear signs of INFJ-ness, but I do wonder if I'll just be listing traits that are covered in the personality type description articles...?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
While I make a point of setting free my feelings of hurt and betrayal, I do not go back to the person who caused them.
I'm the same. I'm usually patient and tolerant and it takes A LOT to get to me. But once you cross that threshold, I write you off. Beyond a certain point, I usually find forgiveness impossible.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
You know you're an INFJ when everything you do is wrong, although you had good intentions.
Then you really know you're an INFJ if you beat yourself up about it for ages afterwards.
You also know you're an INFJ when all you really want, deep down, is to be loved and love someone in return.
It further confirms you are an INFJ when you feel depressed because you think you are too different to be loved.

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I scared the crap out of someone when I told them that I knew them better than they thought... They didn't believe me so I told them. They kinda freaked out. Also, when you subconsciously manipulate people close to you to change their outlook on life / who they are to the point that its frightening even if you're trying to help them / change them for the better. It gets worse when they realize it.

Basically bending others personalities until they fit what you want them to be.... at least from an unhealthy trait that most INFJ's can carry around.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I'm an INFJ because
- I often know whether a person is going to say yes or no to something before he does it
- I am good at walking into an office and taking the "emotional temperature" there
- I am almost always right when I suspect someone of having hidden motivations
- I don't care much about sticking up for myself; but if I see someone being mistreated, my hackles rise. I am sometimes called a crusader (and this is not always in the good way)

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm the same. I'm usually patient and tolerant and it takes A LOT to get to me. But once you cross that threshold, I write you off. Beyond a certain point, I usually find forgiveness impossible.
This is me too. It's really hard to forgive after that, but I've done it - over a few years when I've seen changes in the person.

I just feel like I'm being naive if I just jump back in right away... it's like Eleanor Roosevelt said (another INFJ), "If someone betrays you once, its their fault; if they betray you twice, its their fault."

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I am so forgiving it's unreal. But once I have lost respect for someone that's when I can't forgive. And I tend to see the good in others so no matter how many times they beat me down I still see the good, until they have beat me so much some sense has been knoacked into me. Maybe I'm an idiot. I think I am :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
you know you're an infj when:

- people shake their heads at you a lot,
- you can't wait to be alone,
- it all seems so clear in your head, but never comes out your mouth in the same way,
- you wish you had a pause button so you had time to think through your response before you say it,
- you prefer to wite it all down than say it
- you think your MBTI code should be F.R.E.A.K
- you just know things, without explanation, enough to freak people out
- you want to save the world...without being noticed
- etc...

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
Does anybody relate to these ones?

-- You see what others could become, and how to help them

-- You seem outgoing, but you listen more and say less than people realise

-- You’ve learned that people often don’t want your insights, so you keep most of them to yourself

-- Everything you think about is connected to something else

-- Your imagination is seemingly endless

-- You are dependable, reliable and trustworthy but easily overlooked

-- You want people to understand you, and alternate between being secretive and revealing

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
You know you're an INFJ when everything you do is wrong, although you had good intentions.
Then you really know you're an INFJ if you beat yourself up about it for ages afterwards.
You also know you're an INFJ when all you really want, deep down, is to be loved and love someone in return.
It further confirms you are an INFJ when you feel depressed because you think you are too different to be loved.
Not that there was ever any question that I am an INFJ.

But if there were, it would definitely be gone now.

So, so SO true.

1 - 20 of 10480 Posts