Personality Cafe banner

10421 - 10440 of 10479 Posts
9,999 Posts
@Klaro26 That's probably an universal truth amongst INFJs. It's so weird though that my Se can be completely oblivious about changes in my physical surroundings, but that I am hyper aware of changes in tone of voice, the smallest changes in facial expressions or body language. It's not that I am anxious around people, but it's more like I have these very sensitive antennas that pick up on the smallest of signals.

Aren't all INFJs secretly HSPs or what?
I'm not.

Brian: You are all individuals!
INFJs: Yes, we're all individuals!
Brian: You are all different!
INFJs: Yes, we're all different!
Marv: I'm not...

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
...you can feel others' emotions more than yours.

...you need alone time from time to time.

...you are respectful even to your enemies.

...you doorslam people just because they repeatedly being unrespectful to you by crossing the line that they never should (especially a line that you will never cross) and you are sure they won't understand their fault therefore you done giving chances.

...you wish people stop small talking and start talking about quantum, dimensions, how to fix the society, why the fuck they making the sidewalk so high therefore you have to jump to walk on it, why the fuck planes fly above the schools, et cetera.

...instead of going to bed early to wake up early for your finals, you listen to your best friend talking about nonsense at 3 AM because you can't say "shut up bitch, I have to sleep" to your best friend.

...instead of venting about the piece of shit that fired you unfairly you vent about the president who builds a palace or ∞ instead of spending the money to solve hunger problem of your fellow citizen to the guy who doesn't give a fuck while jumping on the sidewalk and looking at the planes that flying above the schools like they are your worst enemies.

etc.

Oh, wait, you don't have to be an INFJ to be like that. I'm sorry. Wrong thread. Ignore, please. (sarcasm is over 9000)

·
Super Moderator
11,119 Posts
Reactions: Klaro26

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
So true.. Im glad Im not the only one, but at the same time, its a pretty miserable state of existence being so sensitive to peoples body language and the way people use their words. Lol.

Theres something about people acting differently that sets me off and makes me wonder if there is something wrong, if I did something wrong. Its so puzzling. and I become so fixated on it that it can drive me crazy.

Ive been doing this for so long I cant remember what its like to hold a normal conversation where Im not reading between the lines and possibly misconstruing things.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
So true.. Im glad Im not the only one, but at the same time, its a pretty miserable state of existence being so sensitive to peoples body language and the way people use their words. Lol.

Theres something about people acting differently that sets me off and makes me wonder if there is something wrong, if I did something wrong. Its so puzzling. and I become so fixated on it that it can drive me crazy.

Ive been doing this for so long I cant remember what its like to hold a normal conversation where Im not reading between the lines and possibly misconstruing things.
Yes, I understand very well.

I agree with @Dalien , that it is good to ask the person, but in many cases, it's another issue. For example, people are not aware of the change and only notice it later (and meanwhile I am just sat there waiting for the boom to come) or they don't want to admit it/hurt our feelings.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
when you think something negative about another person and it creates all kinds of anxiety in you for being an imperfect being, but maybe you have a reason for thinking what you think, but you cant put your finger on it.

when youre afraid youll be judged for thinking negative thoughts about people because you are convinced people notice deep down.

when your anchor who does either ignore their doubts about people or knows you are thinking negative things but usually chooses not to treat you as if you havent thought negative things, starts doing what other people do, noticing your thoughts are negative, and you freak out on the inside.

when you usually know what people are feeling, and people cant argue because they KNOW you know.

·
Registered
30,772 Posts
Did not write this, but it really resonates. By Hermann Hesse:

"Might your bitter pain not be the voice of destiny, might that voice not become sweet once you understand it?

Action and suffering, which together make up our lives, are a whole; they are one. A child suffers its begetting, it suffers its birth, its weaning; it suffers here and suffers there until in the end it suffers death. But all the good in a man, for which he is praised or loved, is merely good suffering, the right kind, the living kind of suffering, a suffering to the full. The ability to suffer well is more than half of life — indeed, it is all life. Birth is suffering, growth is suffering, the seed suffers the earth, the root suffers the rain, the bud suffers its flowering.

In the same way, my friends, man suffers destiny. Destiny is earth, it is rain and growth. Destiny hurts."

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
....your INFJ son asks you if he can eat the cinnamon broom you just bought, and, while scoffing at his stupidity, you're asking yourself the same question.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
You place empathy, compassion, and guilt even on insects, trees, or anything "alive"...
And dead stuff too: That pencil over there . . . lying on the table apart from the others . . . apart from the writing pad . . . it must feel lonely . . . isolated . . . unloved . . . [cries at the sadness of it all] . . .

·
Super Moderator
11,119 Posts
And dead stuff too: That pencil over there . . . lying on the table apart from the others . . . apart from the writing pad . . . it must feel lonely . . . isolated . . . unloved . . . [cries at the sadness of it all] . . .
When one beats their self up every chance they get—I love my yellow pencils for that, amongst other things. They are lonely nevermore; even though, they cry they laugh too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When you just got a direct and clear shot straight to your heart and was misunderstood. Double whammy! Now everything feels hopeless all over again. You want to runaway, hate yourself, and just die. I'm trying to fight it right now but I think it's a losing battle.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Apologies for anything I might be repeating here. 1,044 is a lot of pages ;)

...people get annoyed at you because they think you don't appreciate something they've done. You aren't leaping for joy on the outside, but on the inside.

...you feel like it's the perfect time to share something personal, only to make everybody uncomfortable because... it wasn't.

...the fastest and most effective way to tick you off in conversation is to keep talking over you. Especially when it's interrupting the stuff you were planning to say during this morning's shower.

...you wish the people around you were better at picking up on hints.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
...the fastest and most effective way to tick you off in conversation is to keep talking over you. Especially when it's interrupting the stuff you were planning to say during this morning's shower.
Yep. Did you see my thread "When Te Won't Shut the F Up?" It's really something that drives me NUTZ about my family!

Reactions: Klaro26

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yep. Did you see my thread "When Te Won't Shut the F Up?" It's really something that drives me NUTZ about my family!
Gonna have to check that out!

Reactions: AnneM

·
MOTM Jan 2015
10,354 Posts
You go to the bar and you're a couple drinks deep, and it's the bartender spilling their guts to you. And then a bar wide conversation about beloved deceased pets begins.

·
Super Moderator
11,119 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
You know you're an INFJ when you accomplish your big goal and are still unhappy, unsatisfied and then go on to seek more accomplishments to achieve the ultimate 'perfection'.

10421 - 10440 of 10479 Posts