Personality Cafe banner

10441 - 10460 of 10479 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
This thread has been cathartic. I love it!

I felt like replying "yep!" to almost everyone, jeez.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
When you feel like you can't relate with anyone. Your surrounded by everyone in your family and sometimes you wonder if you were adopted and feel like an alien.
I am adopted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You know you're an INFJ when you accomplish your big goal and are still unhappy, unsatisfied and then go on to seek more accomplishments to achieve the ultimate 'perfection'.
I’m struggling with this in my 1st year of marriage. I’ve come to the conclusion that if we tried to take on each other’s personality, we’d be depressed.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I’m struggling with this in my 1st year of marriage. I’ve come to the conclusion that if we tried to take on each other’s personality, we’d be depressed.

Hang in there. And remember- there's no perfection when it comes to marriage- it is fluid and it takes a lot of compromise and energy. In time, and if you are both patient, you will find your groove.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
when you have a hard time getting out of bed until you remember that you are on a journey to understand the nature of reality and youre actually making progress.

·
Registered
202 Posts

As long as either, including the INFJ, is conscious enough to avoid being so self absorbed and/or over protective, hypersensitive, or non expressive, that the other becomes so lonely and depressed and/or neglected as to give up trying a little each day, until there is nothing but two self absorbed people living in the same space.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
. . . when, three days after attending a dance concert, you're still anguished and trying to parse what you should have done when a nearby subscription attendee was adversarial and over-the-top hostile to a very courteous stranger who was merely asking if he could sit in a seat which had been left vacant for the evening by another concert series subscriber.

(Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se have finally agreed on an answer: I myself should have shifted over to the empty seat and then offered the courteous stranger my own now-empty seat. The hostile person would not have argued with me, another subscriber; and what I did with my own seat would have been nobody's business but my own. Se spiritedly adds, "But you should have thought of this while it was happening, moron.")

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
@odinthor I like to think that the first stage of Heaven is getting to go back and do, with great finesse and perfect execution, all the things we plotted in our minds after the fact, with no fear of upsetting the space-time continuum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you have a day off work and spend the week planning how you're going to use this limited time when you will be unimpeded by reality. You're going to write for hours in that book chock-full of metaphors that will hopefully help the enormous amount of people struggling with depression, as well as help you sort through your own emotions and personal symbolism in order to become a healthier person. By the time the aforementioned day arrives, you're so stressed by your detail-oriented job and your own perfectionism that you overload on Se by listening to music for seven hours straight. Then you realize that it's 10:00 at night and you frantically write about half a page, go to bed late, and wake up the next morning already stressed because, not only have you screwed up your writing schedule, you've also ruined the entire week by not getting enough sleep on the night before a Monday. Thus, the cycle continues.

Also, when you finally get a job that doesn't stress you out and you're shocked because it honestly didn't occur to you that you could enjoy work that wasn't for your personal goals. You just assumed that it was all going to be horrible, so you sucked it up and looked to the future to reassure yourself.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
@Lunar Bird Where did you come from?? Are you a re-joiner? A long-time lurker? A confident newbie? Regardless, I sure am enjoying the heck out of your posts!! They are savvy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Lunar Bird Where did you come from?? Are you a re-joiner? A long-time lurker? A confident newbie? Regardless, I sure am enjoying the heck out of your posts!! They are savvy.
Thank you! I am a years-long lurker who never even joined, just read lots of posts. Then I saw something written by an INTJ who sounded exactly like my sister, so I joined to do some investigating to find out whether it was her (it wasn't).

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Then I saw something written by an INTJ who sounded exactly like my sister, so I joined to do some investigating to find out whether it was her (it wasn't).
Spooky!! What would you have done if it was her? I have nightmares about my sisters joining just to screw with me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Spooky!! What would you have done if it was her? I have nightmares about my sisters joining just to screw with me.
Oh, I would have definitely contacted her. We have a strong connection based on being Ni-doms, though it's not quite as intense as it was when we were kids. We still send each other information on concept-based/surreal art though (movies, books, etc).

·
Registered
112 Posts
When your actions speak louder than words...
Ugh. When said actions constantly go unnoticed or, even worse, they were taken negatively (which was probably not your intention at all).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ugh. When said actions constantly go unnoticed or, even worse, they were taken negatively (which was probably not your intention at all).
True. But as I am getting older, I try not to care too much about whether or not others will acknowledge my actions. I don't seek validations from others. Unless it is related to my work, then I will ask my supervisors to give me feedbacks.

I am responsible for my own words and actions. But I've learnt that many people don't think that way. Most just love to talk-and-do-nothing, and even worse, blame others for something that they have done and actually have control over.

Also, people can say many things out of their insecurities and personal problems. I am very aware of this, that's why whether or not my actions are noticed or being thrown to the rubbish bin, I don't care.

I let them be. But I remove myself away from many people like this because I can get drained easily and derailed myself from my own goals for caring too much about whether my actions would be noticed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I try not to care too much about whether or not others will acknowledge my actions. I don't seek validations from others. Unless it is related to my work, then I will ask my supervisors to give me feedbacks.

I should've written more because as is often the case, I was misunderstood. I do not seek any validation at all from strangers or co-workers. In fact, my efforts there almost always go unnoticed. They only really realize the little things when I'm absent. If they have any constructive criticism I always listen intently and improve whatever they want as soon as humanly possible.

When I am doing small things for a family member who doesn't reciprocate nearly enough and they choose to ignore my actions, it is hurtful. What bothers me most is the fact that I rarely complain to them about anything. No matter how much pain I'm going through (physical or emotional) I rarely say a peep. On the off-chance that I do, it is dismissed immediately.

I'll never forget the time I had HUGE chest pains and no one would listen to me. I had to call 911 myself to be taken to a hospital for a ridiculously elevated heart rate and blood pressure. All they could say was "Sorry, we didn't think anything was wrong..."

Through experiences like these, no matter how traumatic, I've realized I cannot place my moral standards on anyone else. Just because I would help someone wholeheartedly, that doesn't mean they would ever do the same for me. I do it just cause I believe it is necessary to treat others well, others often do it because they may want something down the line. That train of thought disgusts me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You're so self-absorbed that everyone around you backs away to give you more "space".
Then, maybe eventually, you wonder why nobody is talking to you or avoiding contact.

10441 - 10460 of 10479 Posts