Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 8528 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
People have mistaken you for a Vulcan.
Someone describes a typical emotional reaction to you and you respond with, "But that's irrational."
You take forever to make up your mind, but once you do, you stick with it. (Until it doesn't work anymore.)
Your room/desk/work space looks like a hurricane went through.
Someone has described you as the eye of a hurricane for the above reason coupled with your calm exterior.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the site

I'm new to this so bear with me. I had my personality typed years ago but I dont really fit into the ISTP lable. The older I have gotten I really am more INTP. For example today I needed to update my resume for a job interview on Thursday. I started around 8:30 am and next thing I knew I had worked on three different projects and it was 12:30. I get so wrapped up I lose track of everything else. Hubby was upset because I didn't get anything else done. I can definitely relate to what you said.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Depending on which way the wind is blowing, I oscillate between ENTP and INTP, so this may work for either one. I know I'm an xNTP when my friends discuss some new, exciting topic they learned about and I correct their errors.

Maybe I correct them when I'm ENTP and I bite my tongue when I'm INTP. Whatever the case, I catch their mistakes and wonder that they don't see the incongruity.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Depending on which way the wind is blowing, I oscillate between ENTP and INTP, so this may work for either one. I know I'm an xNTP when my friends discuss some new, exciting topic they learned about and I correct their errors.

Maybe I correct them when I'm ENTP and I bite my tongue when I'm INTP. Whatever the case, I catch their mistakes and wonder that they don't see the incongruity.
Same thing happens to me. The only difference between E/I NTP is the function ordering. Sometimes Ne takes over and I can get quite talkative and random. That is usually the exception, therefore I

·
Registered
71 Posts
You know your an INTP when: (True story)

So, my boyfriend is an ENFJ. This means that his behavior, moods, and general thought processes make very little sense to me. So I asked him if he would mind if I kept an observation journal on him. He doesn't mind, so I'm going to get a journal and start keeping track of his mood shifts.

So, you might be an INTP if you keep an observation journal on your partner to better understand them.:laughing:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Relativists make you giggle. Unless you're trying to debate one, in which case they frustrate you.

I tried to have a debate with a relativist once. After providing one logical argument to him after another, I asked what problem he had with my points and he said, and I quote, "Oh, I don't believe in logic." Like it was the most natural thing in the world! The whole conversation basically amounted to me saying, "This crayon is purple," and him saying, "I don't believe in color." And I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I told that not only were we not on the same page, we weren't even in the same book, and possibly in entirely different libraries.

It didn't help that his entire argument was based on an experience he had while on shrooms. :frustrating:

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Relativists make you giggle. Unless you're trying to debate one, in which case they frustrate you.

I tried to have a debate with a relativist once. After providing one logical argument to him after another, I asked what problem he had with my points and he said, and I quote, "Oh, I don't believe in logic." Like it was the most natural thing in the world! The whole conversation basically amounted to me saying, "This crayon is purple," and him saying, "I don't believe in color." And I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I told that not only were we not on the same page, we weren't even in the same book, and possibly in entirely different libraries.

It didn't help that his entire argument was based on an experience he had while on shrooms. :frustrating:
Should have told him you don't believe in shrooms... Then tell him you don't believe in him!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
You are often that annoying kid who never stops asking questions and theorizing alternatives when you are familiar with the subject at hand. It makes a lot of people shush you...

"BUT WHAT IF -"
"Honey, honey... Shh. It's okay. That's just how it is."
"BUT THERE'S SO MUCH MO -"
"SHH."

(I actually hate it when things are rigid and strictly definitive.)

Blind faith and unquestionable obedience? Blech.

·
Registered
509 Posts
this might just be me, but... buy loads of books that you'll never actually get around to reading. wikipedia (and the internet in general) being one of the many distracting reasons. :blushed:

·
Registered
31 Posts
this might just be me, but... buy loads of books that you'll never actually get around to reading. wikipedia (and the internet in general) being one of the many distracting reasons. :blushed:
I am guilty of this. I actually found this site because my friend made me take some personality tests and I got really interested, searched some more, and here I am now! Also, I just realized it's 5 in the morning. This is bad ...

·
Banned
5,026 Posts

I'm a relativist in some ways, but I believe in logic. That guy was just an idiot. An hilarious idiot though. Yeesh.
Sounds like my history teacher. He spend an entire class arguing with me whether I was actually holding a pencil or not. I tried to explain that I wanted to write a test with this pencil since I studied and could he please be relevant...
The test was postponed...the rest of the class was elated.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
you only have 2 hours to finish an elaborate assignment before it's due, and you have no idea how you're going to finish it. you go online to do some research, but find yourself distracted by THIS REALLY AWESOME ARTICLE ABOUT REALLY COOL STUFF. in there you lose an hour, and in the remaining hour, you go back to your assignment, realize how you can bullshit it because you'd read about this particular topic before in one of your many cyberspace-inquisition trips, and found a way to connect it.
you proceed, turn it it, and get a near-A or an A-.

in other words, how i passed the majority of my liberal arts courses. >:D

1 - 20 of 8528 Posts