Personality Cafe banner

8481 - 8500 of 8528 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
You know you're an INTP when you're tempted to go through all of the responses in the thread just to be obsessively certain nobody's already made the clever response you're thinking of.

(I didn't. But you know you wanna.)

·
Registered
28,894 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm taking a summer class in biology since I need a lab science to graduate and instead of doing the chapter review I got annoyed by the authors mixing up scientific claims vs metaphysical claims. Since part of it talks about how lamarckian genetics is wrong because of some genetic experiments. And in the next paragraph goes on to dispute teleological interpretations of evolutionary theory without qualifying that they're no longer taking about scientific claims but rather metaphysical and even religious ones. There is no way to test teleological interpretations so it's not scientific.

My metaphysics is based on like an aristotelian teleology so maybe that's why I'm annoyed by it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
einstein speaks to my soul!!!

anyways, you watch star treck and fall madly in love, or have a love affair with Iain Banks culture novels, (is that just me?)

you tend to look at people and consider how odd they are
The last sentence... Definitely true.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
You're a Canadian male and, when your sister tries to explain how hockey works, it gives you a head-ache so you walk away and soothe your angst with a nice and easy book about quantum physics.

·
Registered
INTP
1,938 Posts
When everything you go to say is controversial in some way so you just remain silent. (This sentence is a figment of your imagination).

·
Registered
INTP
1,938 Posts
When everything you go to say is controversial in some way so you just remain silent. (This sentence is a figment of your imagination).

Not really.

I just didn't want to say what I wanted to say cause it was controversial (can't even remember how I ended up in this particular thread either) so I said that instead.

You know you're an INTP when you've studied MBTI for about 6 years, are convinced you're an INTP because the descriptions really do fit ... perfectly, even if you're the only one who can see it (aside from maybe other INTPs who have studied MBTI for as long as you have), and yet still question it (because as an INTP you question everything).

·
Registered
138 Posts
On Beneficial Procrastination

During your school days you had two weeks to write an assignment but don't get around to it so you arrive early, on the day of submission, and write one of the best ... or maybe the best submission.
I personally think that procrastination is part of my creative process.

I may not be actively working on the paper but that doesn't mean that it isn't being worked on by some undiscovered background process.

This may be part of the Eureka phenomenon, an idea that seems to come from nowhere. Perhaps you really were working on it, just not in the foreground.

That's what happened with the visual proof I posted here:

You know you're an INTP when ...

... you'd rather devise a visual proof than memorize two formulae:

I searched for a proof and found none, asked my professor (no luck), and was stumped in my own attempts (due to slopping drawing -- top triangle wasn't a right triangle, rather an isosceles with both points on the circle).

While talking to some dorm-mates about something completely different, my eyes sorta glazed and my hands made little angles in the air. I said I'd just figured something out for calculus and had to go.

I've had several experiences like this.

When I attack a project right after it is assigned I usually fall into one of these traps:

• I do some work and then end up changing my topic, losing all the work I'd done.
  • I reach some level of completion and then edit it to death.
For me, delay allows me to: consider all the aspects of the project, commit to one topic, bang out a reasonably coherent product, turn it in last minute but on time due to pressure of deadline, and NOT over-edit.

Procrastination isn't always bad, so long as you manage it in such a way that you meet deadlines.

[HR][/HR]
You know you're an INTP when ...

... You've written a blog post on Creative Procrastination, including a Grade Calculator chart to prioritize which subjects to spend precious time studying.

... You explained to classmates that an Astrophysics & Math double-major was actually easier than their English or History majors:
  • I just did my homework and went to bed.
  • Their papers were never truly finished, could always use more research / revisions.
  • Whether my homework was right or wrong, at least I got to sleep!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think that SoSaysSunny's term, "procrastination", nicely illustrates how difficult it is for us to completely let go of implied guilt trips around our more thoroughly developed results that are superior due to the thoroughness.
It's not a bad thing that we find a, sometimes, good use for but rather, a virtue that others' are jealous of.
O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OPS, just ended a sentence with a preposition because ... running out of time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Childhood Heroes

I recently saw a person wearing a hockey jersey with Lemieux 66 on the back. After thinking about how that probably Mario Lemieux, but rather, a fan of Mario's.
Then I got to thinking of how every guy in elementary school had an adult hero/role model such as a hockey player or a cowboy movie star or a race car driver or more - and that my hero was always Albert Einstein.
That got my mind wandering and I thought, "Hey, if that guy can put a hockey star's name and number on his jersey why don't I get a vest with Einstein e=mcsquared on the back so, I am currently working on it, except that it'll use the math form and not the one with the word "squared".

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,597 Posts
Me: thinking after living with an intp 5w6 in a sexual, romantic relationship for years and having other intp friends (probably also 5w6) makes a friend with an intp 5w4.

A year or so later: me after finally embarrassingly realizing that I've probably overshared, been invasive or annoying as I've shared a lot without much shared back, getting "eh" answers to questions most often and ignored/left on read a lot and turned down when I ask to hangout most often: "hmm I probably thought we are closer than we actually are and should probably apologize if I made it weird and say no pressure to share personal things, or to hangout of course etc"

Intp 5w4: *confusion* "what? I go out of my way to text you back occasionally, and hangout with you like every two weeks or so. Yeah you ask most often and I can't, but I do when I'm free! And I've opened up to you and told you more than I've ever told anyone. You're probably my closest friend."

:unsure::laughing:

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
You know when you're INTP when:

-You don't trust people to come visit you at your house, and invite only a very few (1 or 2 at most) friends at your house.
-You're a logical hippie (you like world peace, but don't really care to enforce it)
-You're great at mediating
-You're FUNNY as hell...
-Open to esoteric understandings
-Enjoy QiGong, and secretly want to work your way up to being Master someday,
-Enjoy the works of Buddha, but also in some ways, feel like it's almost like giving up on life.
-Actually enjoy partying (forest jungle style- ayahuasca)
-Probably would rather code a program than party on a Friday night
-Can relate to Daria (a lot)
-Extremely whitty
-Can read people very well (you know who to trust similar to your INTJ counterpart- the Masterminds, smart ones)
-At your core, value fairness

:heart: the Sushi roll...behan

You're so far detached from society, you'd make a great Ph. d. researcher for UCBerkeley. :tongue:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I recently saw a person wearing a hockey jersey with Lemieux 66 on the back. After thinking about how that probably Mario Lemieux, but rather, a fan of Mario's.
Then I got to thinking of how every guy in elementary school had an adult hero/role model such as a hockey player or a cowboy movie star or a race car driver or more - and that my hero was always Albert Einstein.
That got my mind wandering and I thought, "Hey, if that guy can put a hockey star's name and number on his jersey why don't I get a vest with Einstein e=mcsquared on the back so, I am currently working on it, except that it'll use the math form and not the one with the word "squared".
https://www.google.com/search?q=image+e=mcsquared&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiVvu3WrPzmAhXLvJ4KHSBsBsAQ7Al6BAgKECQ&biw=1886&bih=879

What kind of format though, for the equation?

8481 - 8500 of 8528 Posts