Personality Cafe banner

8501 - 8520 of 8528 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
From a few months ago "You're a Canadian male and, when your sister tries to explain how hockey works, it gives you a head-ache so you walk away and soothe your angst with a nice and easy book about quantum physics."

Some people, when they're driving in a four lane road, like to follow someone who's in the right hand lane of the two which head in one of the directions (sometimes me) for quite a while then ... change to the left lane, speed up and change lanes right - to end up in front of the driver whom they were following - then immediately turn right. Sort of seems like a put down.
Sometimes, just before the other car cuts in front, my right foot seems to get tired and bears down on the accelerator and causes me to accidentally cause the the other driver to miss the aforeplanned right turn. At this the other driver expresses outrage.
Like, what's with this? The other driver begins a cowardly sneak attack from behind and his victim appears to resist the sneak attacker. Who but a very cowardly bully would be outraged at someone who appears to standing up to the coward?

Some one has stuff of mine and won't even talk to me about me paying overdue bills and now Ruach, who once informed me to keep the inner core of my good/evil a secret but, now it is time for it all to come out to get my stuff - after I pay.
For a while I was like Jeremiah in the cistern and under went a tempering that ended a few months ago and is over. After that he went to the guardroom where his enemies came to regret.

More unpleasant truths to come mostly elsewhere.

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;
His truth is marching on.

·
Registered
256 Posts
when that little logical voice seeps into your head related to your 9 month old puppy and how the ex gf kept saying "no one likes a spoiled bitch!"

just to finally understand that, indirectly, i understood it was about the person and not the dog. After realizing that and connecting the dots, i understood a few things and although separations suck, it's for the best, i had something to learn, i learned it.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
-After years of pretty much not posting anything, you come back...just to look up something about how to win over an INFJ, because after almost four years of "am I interested in her just because she's single?" and "eh, I kinda like her, but she's too normal" (as well as "she's a coworker. Never attempt to date coworkers" and "my life is too unstable at this moment;" both points moot since we're no longer coworkers and everything is finally starting to stabilize), I've actually realized I really am interested in INFJ female friend that's managed to put up with me for almost four years.
-Also, everything it said? Not helpful. Not because it's pointless, but because I've already been doing pretty much everything it says to do. (One of the important ones was respect their space, something she flat out thanked me for doing long before I found out she was an INFJ).
-Oh, how do you know she's an INFJ? Because about three years ago, you were talking about another coworker (who I just found out last week was her ex!), you mentioned that he's likely an INTJ, she asked what that meant and you explained-and that got her curious enough to take an MBTI test. She got INFJ. (On another note, you read the "How Not to win over an INFJ" and realize that said ex did almost everything on that list. You might be surprised to find out that I'm one of the few people in the firm that's actually on decent terms with said ex-likely for being a fellow INT).
-You're overthinking the whole thing. You even remember talking to a friend about how someone else was overthinking finding a significant other and how hilariously wrong the very idea of overthinking this is and...oh. That friend was actually her. I didn't remember that until just now.
-No matter what you've accomplished, how old you are, or even how much you've gotten used to having to make decisions quickly, falling for someone turns you into a confused mess that can't figure out whether you should change your food order because she just happened to order the same thing you were about to order, so you pick one on a whim. And when it happens AGAIN, you do the opposite.
-There's also a part of you that's both scared and irritated that you're going through this again.
And then you dig up a this post after INFJ reads you the "I just saw you as a friend" speech, because why not?
(Also, you did this in the most INTP way possible; by getting angry after being blown off for a few months, sending a message that you're afraid might end the friendship-and then remember the friendship ending is why you were afraid to do this in the first place and deciding "If I'm going to send this ship into iceberg filled waters, might as well go full speed ahead, shooting fireworks off the whole way. If I'm sinking this ship, I'm going to commit to it).

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
And then you dig up a this post after INFJ reads you the "I just saw you as a friend" speech, because why not?
(Also, you did this in the most INTP way possible; by getting angry after being blown off for a few months, sending a message that you're afraid might end the friendship-and then remember the friendship ending is why you were afraid to do this in the first place and deciding "If I'm going to send this ship into iceberg filled waters, might as well go full speed ahead, shooting fireworks off the whole way. If I'm sinking this ship, I'm going to commit to it).
OOoohohoho shit I've been here. But I didn't just get the "Saw you as a friend" speech, I got breadcrumbed and the dude kept insisting it was his "boundaries".

I pretty much ripped that notion to shreds and told him to not bother me again unless he was willing to stop with the games.

Get that ship, nuke that ship. Brrapp Brrapp Pew Pew.

·
Registered
256 Posts
When your breakfast is like a relationship, goes from an egg to a frown in 1 crack. Not an eggcellent feeling :S

eggs.jpg

happen to notice it after breaking 3 eggs, thought it was cool, no i did not get sick from the one pale egg vs the other 2, it was a new brand/box lol

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
OOoohohoho shit I've been here. But I didn't just get the "Saw you as a friend" speech, I got breadcrumbed and the dude kept insisting it was his "boundaries".

I pretty much ripped that notion to shreds and told him to not bother me again unless he was willing to stop with the games.

Get that ship, nuke that ship. Brrapp Brrapp Pew Pew.
In all honesty, I handled this better then I thought I would, though I did spend a lot of time calling out half her comments as empty platitudes that I'd heard too many times before. Somehow, this did not lead to her walking away and instead led to her convincing me that they weren't just empty platitudes. Seriously: you can't tell me that I'm so great, and then start talking about your terrible a-hole exes. Because you may be saying "if I can recover from this, you can recover from this," but you're also saying "I gave these a-holes the chance you will never have"-which was the one comment I didn't make. I guess once I realized the icebergs were trying to move away, my desire to sink the whole thing started to wane).

If past experiences (including and especially one of the many inciting experiences that led me to join this forum back in 2013) are to be believed, things will get awkward and this will result in the friendship collapsing in about 3 months. She's optimistic that it won't. Because of course she is.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
In all honesty, I handled this better then I thought I would, though I did spend a lot of time calling out half her comments as empty platitudes that I'd heard too many times before. Somehow, this did not lead to her walking away and instead led to her convincing me that they weren't just empty platitudes. Seriously: you can't tell me that I'm so great, and then start talking about your terrible a-hole exes. Because you may be saying "if I can recover from this, you can recover from this," but you're also saying "I gave these a-holes the chance you will never have"-which was the one comment I didn't make. I guess once I realized the icebergs were trying to move away, my desire to sink the whole thing started to wane).

If past experiences (including and especially one of the many inciting experiences that led me to join this forum back in 2013) are to be believed, things will get awkward and this will result in the friendship collapsing in about 3 months. She's optimistic that it won't. Because of course she is.
....Do you really want to humour what is obviously bubble wrap?? I'd honestly have such a bad taste in my mouth that I'd cut things off myself, just to take that power away from her.

It really helps with the recovery, especially if you've internalized that the friendship is hollow.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
When you watch a sketchy show on the History Channel and check every supernatural claim being presented as fact against what Wikipedia says about it.
with the history pages or the supernatural pages?

eh, suppose it doesn't matter.. they tend to get the mythos wrong on both.

'tis sad we've come to rely on wiki

used to be easier to do deep searches but even my uni resources are disappearing and there's no structure to public archival services as many fear alleged dmcas.. so either you have to locate a key somewhere else or bloody randomly stumble upon it.

to which then one inevitably ends up on conspiratorial site and apparently engaged in a battle with the nwo as they try to locate banned (or cough, cough, restricted) texts... and either trust that they're legit or go further down the rabbit hole. Ugh, I hate attempting to translate old english.

·
Registered
28,894 Posts
with the history pages or the supernatural pages?

eh, suppose it doesn't matter.. they tend to get the mythos wrong on both.

'tis sad we've come to rely on wiki

used to be easier to do deep searches but even my uni resources are disappearing and there's no structure to public archival services as many fear alleged dmcas.. so either you have to locate a key somewhere else or bloody randomly stumble upon it.

to which then one inevitably ends up on conspiratorial site and apparently engaged in a battle with the nwo as they try to locate banned (or cough, cough, restricted) texts... and either trust that they're legit or go further down the rabbit hole. Ugh, I hate attempting to translate old english.
I've always relied on wiki. In Hawaiian it means quick and these days people don't have time to waste reading books when they can easily glean general points from a sort stroll to Wikipedia.

In public school, we weren't allowed to use Wikipedia as a source. In college, Wikipedia is recognized for being right most of the time. That's why they say go to Wikipedia's references and reference those references.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You know you're an INTP when you spend over one hour watching a 20 minute video.
hey, I resent that!!!!! LOL J/K :p

I did pause at the longer ones to make sure I read it right, I did not print screen or take pics of any, although I was tempted to stop a few times, I wanted to see what I would feel like if I did go until the end, I survived. because it was amusing :)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
When you agree to a month long clinical study not because of the financial compensation, but because they offered to give you an MRI snapshot of your brain.

#UltimateSelfie

Reactions: dohmenick

·
Registered
334 Posts
When you agree to a month long clinical study not because of the financial compensation, but because they offered to give you an MRI snapshot of your brain.

#UltimateSelfie
The body is merely a vessel for the brain. :apathy:

Taking an average selfie is like Google Maps taking a picture of your car.

8501 - 8520 of 8528 Posts