Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 2074 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You walk back from town for an hour and a half late at night purely because you know there won't be anyone in the house all day tomorrow.
You get annoyed at cars driving past whilst you're walking down a dark road because they're interrupting you.
You get more excited than most people consider healthy by the idea of having a lock on your bedroom door.

There didn't seem to be one of these already so I thought I'd start one :laughing:

·
Banned
255 Posts
You find yourself not interested in associating with someone, even though you relate to and get along with the person really well.

You seek out late night shifts in retail & customer service jobs at least partly due to the reduction in social pressure of the work.

When living in a household with multiple people, you arrange your sleep habits so that you do things when people are either away or asleep.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
cavarice said:
When living in a household with multiple people, you arrange your sleep habits so that you do things when people are either away or asleep
This is the reason I go to sleep at such ridiculous hours xD 'Well... No-one else was using 5 in the morning... I thought I'd make it feel wanted...'

You know you're an introvert when a nightclub to you is like a church is to Lucifer

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
You get more excited than most people consider healthy by the idea of having a lock on your bedroom door.
I really want a lock on my door...REALLY (now it sounds like I kill people in my room... which I do)

You know you're an introvert when you'd much rather talk online to someone who lives far away than go to a party ^^

When you plan all of these things you could do (alone) in your free time on a saturday but then a friend calls to hang out and you feel forced to say yes even though you wanted some alone time..

When after an hour or so of quiet reflexion in a public place, you realize you're the only person around who's all alone

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
When everytime you read a book in a public place, you strategically leave out a book on serial killers or something equivalent to deter people from talking to you.

When you've gone over a week without speech without even needing to break your schedule.

When people always think you're plotting something, just because you're so quiet.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
When everytime you read a book in a public place, you strategically leave out a book on serial killers or something equivalent to deter people from talking to you.

When you've gone over a week without speech without even needing to break your schedule.

When people always think you're plotting something, just because you're so quiet.
Does this work? I am going to try this someday.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
would other people know you are such an introvert? i mean if you were with a couple of your friends, because i met my ENFP friend's INTJ friend a few days ago and it's been us three in the same house, i originally thought he was an ENTP because we had such crazy conversations together and he is pretty randomly hilarious. he doesn't seem to need much alone time, apart from in the mornings when he doesn't seem to want to come out for a bit, but once he has he does at least as much of the talking as we do.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
This is the reason I go to sleep at such ridiculous hours xD 'Well... No-one else was using 5 in the morning... I thought I'd make it feel wanted...'
I got to sleep at about 6 AM because it's preferable. Of course, I'm 17, I'm not gonna be able to do this forever :bored:

would other people know you are such an introvert? i mean if you were with a couple of your friends, because i met my ENFP friend's INTJ friend a few days ago and it's been us three in the same house, i originally thought he was an ENTP because we had such crazy conversations together and he is pretty randomly hilarious. he doesn't seem to need much alone time, apart from in the mornings when he doesn't seem to want to come out for a bit, but once he has he does at least as much of the talking as we do.
Introversion and extroversion are a lot more than people-aversion and alone time and whatnot :mellow:
I actually prefer to be alone myself. But I'm 100% Ne-dom :laughing:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
When you're well familiar with what's on your mind but need a lot of time to verbalize it.
When you go to a party and end up with a beer in a corner-sofa thinking to yourself "what's the purpose of this? I don't get it".
When you seek time alone to make up for the abundance of stimuli and interactions that suck your energy dry each day.
When the internet is your best friend, certainly the most useful!
When you feel tired during the day and much more relaxed in the morning or evening/night -time.
When you question how and why people bare themselves everyday, telling everyone about everything that has happened in the 24 hours you've been apart!

·
Registered
155 Posts
When you question how and why people bare themselves everyday, telling everyone about everything that has happened in the 24 hours you've been apart!
This not only makes me puzzled, it makes me frustrated as well. Cause everytime I'm around or nearby people with the need to do this, I am unab le to focus myself 100% to what I'm doing/thinking, and it just drives me crazy hearing about these mundane completely unimportant (with the exception of acting as social glue between the people talking) activites. I mean, if it were a conversation about something that actually mattered at all, I'd be happy to be disturbed, but that is so rarely the case :(

·
Registered
806 Posts
You know you are a Introvert when you can stay up almost all night in your room, alll alone, without getting too tired.
You know you are a Introvert when you actually get bored at parties.
You know you are a Introvert when you don't remember feeling lonely.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You know you're an introvert when you'd much rather spend the day by yourself, doing your own thing, rather than trying to coordinate with a bunch of other people... all those icky people. :wink:

...Or maybe I'm just anti-social. Heh.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh no, they often don't. In fact some of my friends had me pegged as an ENFP for ages because it actually takes a while for me to get worn down by social stuff. I enjoy my space but I can often handle sacrificing it for a few days and sometimes even enjoy it! Short-term it can be really refreshing, but long term it begins to grate on me. I've known people before that I've been relaxed enough around that I can actually input enough to seem like an extrovert
thirtiesgirl said:
You know you're an introvert when you'd much rather spend the day by yourself, doing your own thing, rather than trying to coordinate with a bunch of other people... all those icky people. :wink:

...Or maybe I'm just anti-social. Heh
Not at all! When you're with people you can get dragged into so much stuff you don't see the point in. Once you're alone, it's party-time! :crazy:

1 - 20 of 2074 Posts