Personality Cafe banner

301 - 320 of 2600 Posts

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
The S and F thing is just a stereotype. I know plenty of Ss, and I am personally an F, who understand/s big words.
Yes I know that, but it was easier to lump you all together than to discern exactly who
do not get big words! :tongue:

Yes I'm as INTJ as they come.
I used to blame Christianity for all the quirks in my behavior,
believing that they had somehow broken me.
Now that I know that it's just a personality type I can chill and be myself. :laughing:

·
Registered
72 Posts
When you are constantly fine-tuning your definitions of words
to express your inner ideas more fluently.

When you need a long diatribe to explain just the basics of your ideas!:dry:

When S and F types asks again and again of the meaning of the words you use daily.

When the topic of stars, black holes, supernovae and similar topics come up
you have vivid inner visions of them and the implications of the argument. :happy:

When your ENTJ friend draws charts for you to explain basic social theory! :wink:
I know quite few very bright Ss and Fs, so those are just awful stereotypes. Intelligence has nothing to do with being a Sensor or Feeler. One of my roommates is most likely an ENFP and he uses just as many advanced vocabulary words as I do as does my ISTJ friend. :proud: ETA: Whoops, someone already beat me to this.

I can completely relate to defining and re-defining words and concepts because I can never be satisfied if my theories are clear enough for others, let alone myself.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You know you're a intuitive when you realize that sensors take your sensor rhetoric as applying to all sensors when you know you're just referring to a sensors as a generalization not specific individuals.

(Of course there are individual sensors that break these stereotypes, but when 70% of the population is sensors, we're still probably correct in our assertions. )

You know you're intuitive when you seem to have to explain comments you make more often than not.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
I know quite few very bright Ss and Fs, so those are just awful stereotypes.
Well gee MBTI ARE stereotypes put in system.

If I wanted to be correct I would spend a year of research
and post the candidates of the 40000+ combinations of
personality type that really didn't get big words.:crazy:

Reactions: TheWildOne

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
No not at all. Just could not help myself. My Te kicked in.

Must make my arguments clear and correct. :crazy:

ANYWAY I get alot of Ts and Ns asking me what my words mean too. :wink:

Reactions: MicheleInHarmony

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
When you realise your magical out-of-nowhere thoughts are actually stemmed from somewhere else without you realising it and you feel less like a genius for coming up with a name like assbiscuits:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well gee MBTI ARE stereotypes put in system.

If I wanted to be correct I would spend a year of research
and post the candidates of the 40000+ combinations of
personality type that really didn't get big words.:crazy:
So true. I see your point, but I'm sticking with my opinion :proud: Imma stubborn one.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Sigh....:bored:
You know you're a intuitive thinker when...
every time you think you have been clear and concise someone just have to misunderstand everything.

aLamour
The 40000+ candidate thing was addressed at HerSquirelliness.
The answer to you was a bit longer up...

Where i admitted you where right.
So how do you get the idea that there is pressure for you to give up your opinion???
The argument is long OVER between us. :dry:

It ended here
Yes I know that, but it was easier to lump you all together than to discern exactly who
do not get big words!
Is that a INFJ trait? Doesn't stop a argument, even when they have been agreed with? :laughing:

Maybe it is in the lack of a Te. No structure to the images flooding from Ni.
Only a massive need to externalize trough Fe. :tongue:

(I know it is very anal, but things like this REALLY annoy me. And then I get apologizes for the legitimate argument...SIGH!!!)

Reactions: Unicorntopia

·
Registered
60 Posts
You solve an extremely complex problem without having any idea what steps you took to come to that conclusion and can't explain how you did it.

And then everyone thinks you cheated:laughing:

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
You create images of people and events in your mind, only to see that exact thing happen
within a short time frame. This is what i experience....Silly ex : I had a vision driving that one of
my friends on fb would change his profile photo ...today...actually one he didn't like so much, and
never used, not once. When i got home , signed in, low and behold, it was changed to the one i visioned.
Yeah sounds silly, although its just a small example, it happens more times than not.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
You create images of people and events in your mind, only to see that exact thing happen
within a short time frame. This is what i experience....Silly ex : I had a vision driving that one of
my friends on fb would change his profile photo ...today...actually one he didn't like so much, and
never used, not once. When i got home , signed in, low and behold, it was changed to the one i visioned.
Yeah sounds silly, although its just a small example, it happens more times than not.
Not only do I do this... but sometimes when I think of something/see something in my mind that I didn't necessarily want, and then my vision was still accurate, I consider the possibility that if I hadn't thought of it/saw it that way, then maybe it wouldn't have happened. I dunno... I just like to entertain the idea that when I envision things that I am actually manifesting them – sometimes it was already going to happen like that, and other times I willed it so. :crazy:

I also wonder if these kind of abilities really come down to hyper-aware observation (like in the show Psych) and lightning-fast (so fast we don't know we're doing it) deductive reasoning to be able to "see" these things that do end up happening?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sigh....:bored:
You know you're a intuitive thinker when...
every time you think you have been clear and concise someone just have to misunderstand everything.

aLamour
The 40000+ candidate thing was addressed at HerSquirelliness.
The answer to you was a bit longer up...

Where i admitted you where right.
So how do you get the idea that there is pressure for you to give up your opinion???
The argument is long OVER between us. :dry:

It ended here
Is that a INFJ trait? Doesn't stop a argument, even when they have been agreed with? :laughing:

(I know it is very anal, but things like this REALLY annoy me. And then I get apologizes for the legitimate argument...SIGH!!!)
It's not that I haven't given up the argument, it's that I've seen your point of veiw.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Really??
Wow that was a new one... Seen my point of view!!!

Well thanks! I'm not used that. :happy:
I'm too conditioned to arguing with ENTJs...:crazy:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts

I am aprehensive when I say this because I just know someone is going to hate me for it or think I am less than in some form or fashion, but yes, I have only in recent years finally learned to stop an argument when the other person thinks it should be over.

I usually have to feel that sureness that we are on the same page and the collection of things they have said, done, heard, and felt, over the entire time I have known them plus everything they have told me about the past, will combine to create a likelyhood of whether or not they actually see it the way I hope for them to see it. I will not feel at peice about the situation untill I have sufficient evidence from the way they act/feel.

We have F over T. Therefore more weight is put on both parties feelings whether or not they are conscious to the other party. Or at least this is how it is for me.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
You just expanded my notion of the word feeling! :happy:

Reactions: Unicorntopia

·
Registered
432 Posts
you get annoyed by the shallowness of your conversations with Sensors :p
Or you get annoyed when you say something figurative and your Sensors take it literally and thus get confused.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,427 Posts
you get annoyed by the shallowness of your conversations with Sensors :p
You're talking to the wrong Sensors. :wink:

Reactions: Blazy

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Not only do I do this... but sometimes when I think of something/see something in my mind that I didn't necessarily want, and then my vision was still accurate, I consider the possibility that if I hadn't thought of it/saw it that way, then maybe it wouldn't have happened. I dunno... I just like to entertain the idea that when I envision things that I am actually manifesting them – sometimes it was already going to happen like that, and other times I willed it so. :crazy:

I also wonder if these kind of abilities really come down to hyper-aware observation (like in the show Psych) and lightning-fast (so fast we don't know we're doing it) deductive reasoning to be able to "see" these things that do end up happening?
Yes, it could be. This is true for me also. I'm just happy it happens, i try not to understand so much why
it does.

Reactions: Stray_Arrow
301 - 320 of 2600 Posts