Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 2599 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
When you absolutely have to have a journal, pencil, and voice recorder in your purse at all times to capture random thoughts that you want to remember later.

When you stop in the middle of what you're doing to go google the correlation between something.

When you sympathize with a 5 year old for being told to shut up from their parent after asking so many questions, because you're just as inquisitive and can definitely relate.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
When you are driving to work and hear a song that was about something that made you think about something else that reminded you of what it would be like to die and what so and so would say and how exactly it would feel to be talking to them in their last dying moments, and start crying because you have basically completely transported to that place and time in your mind even though it has not even happened for real. Then you have to make yourself stop crying because you can't walk into work with tear stained eyes looking like someone just died.

When you get to work and you stop to revel in the beauty of your space wall paper and then start pondering where we will go when we die if we go anywhere and if maybe we go there and what it would be like and so on and so forth. You look at the clock and realize you have just spent 2 hours doing that.

·
Registered
500 Posts
When you absolutely have to have a journal, pencil, and voice recorder in your purse at all times to capture random thoughts that you want to remember later.

When you stop in the middle of what you're doing to go google the correlation between something.

When you sympathize with a 5 year old for being told to shut up from their parent after asking so many questions, because you're just as inquisitive and can definitely relate.
now these I can relate to !

I google in the middle of doing a task at work to understand the deeper meaning or correlation so that I can have more than just the superficial understanding of it.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
When you retreat in your head and it takes days or weeks to fully return to the outside world.

When you have trouble talking to people because your forgetting what they're talking and thinking about something completely different.

When random is normal.

When you forget your walking down stairs and end up skipping the last two and three and continue like nothing happened.

When you constantly feel like your weird, and slowly going crazy.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
When you have trouble talking to people because your forgetting what they're talking and thinking about something completely different.

When random is normal.

When you forget your walking down stairs and end up skipping the last two and three and continue like nothing happened.

When you constantly feel like your weird, and slowly going crazy.
So what does it mean if a sensor does ALL of this?

I'm used to the talking to people problem but I think it's because my mind is going at warp speed those times and the rest of me can't keep up.

I have to admit I'm still unsure what normal is. I'd say being random is good. :happy: It keeps things interesting.

BTW that stair thing REALLY sucks, especially when other people are around. Up stairs too. Thankfully I have AWESOME reflexes.lol

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
lol! not me...:tongue: but judging by your test results ENFP is most likely. Keep trying though :happy: ENFPs are cool anyway so if you are that's cool too isn't it?

·
Registered
160 Posts
When you fall down half a flight of stairs during a philosophical conversation with your (also intuitive) sister, and neither of you notices it happened until thirty seconds later in the living room.

(true story)

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
Does this drawing I made make sense to anyone? Would a senser make something like this?
*studies for a few minutes*

Is this some sort of branching personality diagram...thingy? :crazy: It looks as if you're taking the possible temperaments you may fit and then you begin narrowing things down. The lower down on the diagram, the higher probability that you are this personality type. You believe that you are most likely an EXXP, so you take down your choices from the NT and SP sections. Thus, you come to the conclusion that you're either an ESFP or an ENTP. ...Though that doesn't explain why ENFJ is there and why INFJ is marked out.

Is this anywhere close to being right? :crazy:

Anyway, you know you're an intuitive when you try to make a theory about a person's drawing. Or maybe that was my Te. Or maybe it was muffins. *shrugs*

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I was HOPING for ESFP but I'm leaning towards ENFP.

I'm gonna have to go with this:
You know you're NOT and intuitive if you couldn't make total sense of that chart. Then again it's bed time lol.

·
Registered
160 Posts
When you sometimes have trouble remembering that the world actually exists, and that reality isn't pure consciousness.

When those rare moments when you realize "Wow, the world is physically real!" sends an odd mixture of rapture and fear through your veins.

When two seconds after that moment, you begin to ponder whether or not that assumption was right at all. Maybe reality is just pure consciousness... and the cycle repeats.

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
When you sometimes have trouble remembering that the world actually exists, and that reality isn't pure consciousness.

When those rare moments when you realize "Wow, the world is physically real!" sends an odd mixture of rapture and fear through your veins.

When two seconds after that moment, you begin to ponder whether or not that assumption was right at all. Maybe reality is just pure consciousness... and the cycle repeats.
Adding to that...

You know you're an intuitive when you think of a word and start to think about it as if it weren't a word. Then you begin thinking about how odd it is that it's actually a real word. :crazy:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Adding to that...

You know you're an intuitive when you think of a word and start to think about it as if it weren't a word. The you begin thinking about how odd it is that it's actually a real word. :crazy:
Holy cow, YES! I often marvel at how strange it is that we can so easily translate one language to another when words are really just our best stab at trying to solidify ideas. It's amazing to me that nearly every language has words for happiness, sadness, etc... and does "triste" in Spanish really have the exact same connotation that we understand for "sad"? We shall never know for sure!

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
Holy cow, YES! I often marvel at how strange it is that we can so easily translate one language to another when words are really just our best stab at trying to solidify ideas. It's amazing to me that nearly every language has words for happiness, sadness, etc... and does "triste" in Spanish really have the exact same connotation that we understand for "sad"? We shall never know for sure!
*continues on thought train*

You know you're an intuitive when you wonder what goes on inside the mind of someone who is completely bilingual and is speaking his/her second language to someone.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
You know you're an intuitive when you wonder what goes on inside the mind of someone who is completely bilingual and is speaking his/her second language to someone.
The same things that go through your head in the first language. Only not in it. Sometimes I mix them up and more often than not can't find the right word in my first language.. Damned English. >.>

But it's pretty much the same thought process, just in the other language. Tbh, I've never given it much thought. It's pretty cool. :cool:

... When your Sensor best friend constantly asks you to explain the meaning or use of most of your ideas, and you never actually thought they needed either.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It happens to me too with the words. I always try not to think about a particular word for too long because I know I'll start doubting if this actually IS a word and when this happens it always creeps me out. The worst time was when I was doubting my own last name :/

·
Registered
83 Posts
When you have long and elaborate conversations with people that are completely imaginary.

When you wonder if the world started at THIS EXACT MOMENT and all of your memories are fake.

When you become limerent (I know this isn't an exclusively N thing, but it is certainly a feeling much more common for Ns)

When you keep seeing exploding dolphins.... GET OUT OF MY HEAD

61 - 80 of 2599 Posts