Personality Cafe banner

101 - 120 of 2600 Posts

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,429 Posts
When you're writing and you're in the middle of the word and you skip one letter and write the next, leaving a space for the letter that would have come next, then come back and write the previous one, then skip forward as though nothing's happened. For instance, if you were writing the word crazy, the progression might look like this:

C --> CR --> CR Z --> CRAZ --> CRAZY

And you don't realize you've skipped the A and left a space for it until you start writing it and realize you wrote the Z prematurely...and it doesn't slow you down at all.

If that made any sense at all, I'd love to hear from anyone else who does this, because I'd like to learn it's an intuitive thing and that I'm not just, well, crazy! :crazy:

·
Registered
887 Posts
When you're writing and you're in the middle of the word and you skip one letter and write the next, leaving a space for the letter that would have come next, then come back and write the previous one, then skip forward as though nothing's happened. For instance, if you were writing the word crazy, the progression might look like this:

And you don't realize you've skipped the A and left a space for it until you start writing it and realize you wrote the Z prematurely...and it doesn't slow you down at all.

If that made any sense at all, I'd love to hear from anyone else who does this, because I'd like to learn it's an intuitive thing and that I'm not just, well, crazy! :crazy:
sometimes..

·
Registered
759 Posts

Not with words but other things I pick out random pieces until I get the whole thing.

For example say I'm coming up with an idea for a review; I'll start writing the second paragraph then come up with a new idea jump to the second then another idea going to the first then go back to the 2nd paragraph to elaborate then start an introduction then finish the third then last attempt to write a conclusion then realize there's more I wanted to write.

I also have this weird thing with my emails where I'll always read the newest email that I got first then skip the rest and go back to the oldest unread mail then go up until I always have 16 unread mails if that even makes sense.

How ever when it comes to shows/books or anything I always force myself to start from the beginning and watch it order. With anime it's annoying as the beginning is often the most boring part, a lot of series start off shitty then get much better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm curious.. why do we self-identified N's use the phrase 'if that even makes sense' so frequently?

Or is it just a subset? I find myself asking that a lot although it makes sense ~to me~, it seems that inherently we must 1) suspect that what makes sense to us might not to others, 2) suspect that this concept makes sense but we are not necessarily communicating it clearly, or 3) we think it makes sense and we think we're clear but are just that concerned about whether the recipient 'truly' understands the concept we're trying to get across and want them to confirm that they have.

~ Pam ~

·
Registered
392 Posts

Yup...I do this too...A LOT!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm curious.. why do we self-identified N's use the phrase 'if that even makes sense' so frequently?

Or is it just a subset? I find myself asking that a lot although it makes sense ~to me~, it seems that inherently we must 1) suspect that what makes sense to us might not to others, 2) suspect that this concept makes sense but we are not necessarily communicating it clearly, or 3) we think it makes sense and we think we're clear but are just that concerned about whether the recipient 'truly' understands the concept we're trying to get across and want them to confirm that they have.

~ Pam ~
How about all of the above? I use that phrase all the time! More and more though instead of trying to explain my logic to my friends I'll say "just go with it". It works because I'm usually right!

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #109

That's definitely an iNtuitive thing, and it's something I've done plenty of times.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
When your conversations can go from how stupid everyone is and censorship to why don't mens bathrooms have dick washing stations.

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
ouch. no sorry REV, Angelic was right. And it's not a table or graph because I am not getting paid for it and It's suppose to be a rough sketch, not to mention it was made in quickness for the handwriting post.. so hope that helps.

Wow, Angelic took the time to look at that. You're totally AWESOME. A lot of people in my life respond the way the others did and laugh at me. Hence, why I don't often express how I think .. and don't want to scare away people.. :confused::sad:
I'm sorry if my comment about Revy2Hand's comment hurt your feelings. I just thought what she said was clever. ^_^U

Well, I took it as a bit of a challenge. :proud: And don't feel bad. Look at my post in this thread: http://personalitycafe.com/gossip/36989-write-what-you-telling-yourself-d-3.html :laughing:

Oh goodness.. I do that ALL the time. It's very common for me to skip the second letter and go back and fill it in. I do it with words in a sentence too. More with handwriting than typing.
I occasionally leave out letters, but when I do I don't actually realize that the spelling is wrong. Good thing I have an application for IE that acts as a built in spell check, among other things. ^_^ The strangest thing about this? I was an excellent speller as a kid. O_O

And yes, I do skip words when typing. Not sure that I do that while writing, since I haven't written anything substantial in a while.

You know you're an intuitive when you suggest to someone that people could run on solar panels in the future. (And yes, I actually posted that once in a thread. :crazy:)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Has anyone else experienced this... most of the time my dreams are really wacky, but sometimes I'll dream very mundane things (like putting the letter opener on a certain shelf) and ~occasionally~ a day later I can't remember if was a dream or really happened.

~ P ~
I was thinking of doing just a dream blog. I'm the same.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I too tend to write unconsciously the letter "e" at the end of some words. (I do this with my native language). Is this really an N thing?
Nope I'd say second language thing, I do it do all the time. Kind of a criss-cross of languages.

I'm sorry if my comment about Revy2Hand's comment hurt your feelings. I just thought what she said was clever. ^_^U
I was being serious this time though :sad:

No, really though I can't describe such things that was just my lame attempt to summarize, I guess I was wrong again, surprise surprise :tongue:

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
I was being serious this time though :sad:

No, really though I can't describe such things that was just my lame attempt to summarize, I guess I was wrong again, surprise surprise :tongue:
...Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. *gets hit by a brick*

You know you're an intuitive when...you type something like what you see above. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
This is fun :happy: no offence taken, seriously. You know I think you're kewl!

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Hmm... I did study french all through school.

~ P ~
Exactly, me too :happy: It's kind of annoying when I'm writing since I have to scratch it out all the time. That's just when I notice though. lol

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
When you're having a great conversation with someone comparing an individual's psychological development to the awakening of man's consciousness throughout history. Your mind is indulging in all sorts of wonderful revelations. Then all of a sudden a person pipes in with "Im hungry. What do you want to eat?" and it feels like you have a brain freeze. :confused: Ugh.

101 - 120 of 2600 Posts