Personality Cafe banner

You Know You're An iNtuitive When...

432K views 3K replies 1K participants last post by  Crowbo 
#1 ·
Like WQ's Sensor thread, but about iNtuitives.

#678 · (Edited)

When you can see yourself in this position (especially for Ni-dom type sixes):

Friend: Hey, long time no talk.
You: Why haven't you been answering my calls?
Friend: My sister was borrowing my phone.
You: Oh, this whole time I thought you were ignoring me for the disagreement we had the other day, decided not to converse with me, but instead of telling me outright you decided to play passive-aggressive and pretend you were busy so I wouldn't be offended only to talk to me after making up later on in the hopes that I would have cooled down and forgotten about the whole thing.
Friend: No...
*You now feel guilt, like an idiot, or both*

Yes yes yes...exactly.

#684 ·
When you have to keep re-heating the water for your tea in the microwave because you walk away and get absorbed in something else forgetting that you were making tea... XD Too much interesting stuff today, like feeling earthquakes in Massachusetts. XD

I had to heat up water 3 times!! :D

You know you're an iNtuitive when... you somehow manage to miss an earthquake that leaves the rest of your town in a panic. And you were awake during it, too. o_O
How far away were you? XD

#685 ·
When you use excessive amounts of hand gestures, hoping that a physical representation will help get across the crazy things you're wanting to say.

When you consistently pause, or consistently SSSSSSSLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW DDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN your speech while trying to gather the words to explain what you're thinking.

#687 ·
^But that makes the conversation ever so much more interesting!

Reactions: Ms.Gymnast
#688 ·
You're heading out the door, and seeing the placement of some object, you spontaneously imagine some form of destruction involving it and spouse/child/..., but think, no, that'll never happen. Then you come back and find that it has. This happened enough times that I trained myself to move the thing. Is that Ni?

#689 ·
When you used to finish your class work way ahead in grade school, and wandered off to the library to socialize with the librarians and help them do stuff.

#690 ·
When this is your song:

Look there she goes that girl is so peculiar
I wonder if she's feeling well
With a dreamy, far-off look
And her nose stuck in a book
What a puzzle to the rest of us is Belle
But behind that fair facade
I'm afraid she's rather odd
Very diff'rent from the rest of us
She's nothing like the rest of us
Yes, diff'rent from the rest of us is Belle!

INFP

#701 ·
This happened to me the other day:

When you're biking and you hear your bike make a loud noise, so you start theorizing on what could have happened, then you realize you could just look down to see if your gears are fine.

#707 ·
Haha! Or when you purposefully choose not to look down so you don't spoil the fun of trying to fugure it all out before hand. You then start coming up with all the possibilities and evaluating them. You prepare a list of most likely to least likely answers and then have patients till you arrive at your destination and nonchallontly look down to see what it actually is. :laughing:

#715 ·
Often I have a different problem: that I stopped taking in what they said because one particular thing mentioned made me think 'oh it must be here then!' which gets me into trouble when it isn't...

I think I've unconsciously given up on following instructions because I seem to take the wrong meaning from whatever I'm told. My brain seems to delight in finding several different meanings and then picking the wrong one out of them.

#714 ·
I feel like it's an "N" thing... Most people I talk to about MBTI aren't remotely as interested in it as I am. It's so frustrating. Oh and 99% of people I know seem to be Sensors. It seems like NZ is choc-a-block full of sensors.