Personality Cafe banner

1061 - 1080 of 1107 Posts

·
Bored and lazy
ISFJ, 9 something?
4,362 Posts
You accidentally walk into a mom and pop restaurant thinking it's something else. The moment your eyes adjust, you realize that you've just made eye contact with the person behind the counter and slowly begin to realize what you had done. It's a colossal mistake, but aborting, apologizing and leaving are simply not options at this point in time; "Don't be a dick" *says the voice in the back of your mind*. The restaurant is completely empty, so you walk up to the counter confidently and look at the menu. You have absolutely NO IDEA what you're looking at and have absolutely NO BASIS for which you can draw your conclusions; meanwhile, the voice in the back of your head is screaming "Oh crap!!! Oh crap!!! Oh crap!!!". You purchase something, $12 worth of food, and leave a 5 dollar tip. You leave and let out a huge sigh of relief the moment you step outside the door.

View attachment 751698
#ISFJ Problems
dont know what a "mom and pop" restaurant is
but, been there and done that
10x harder when youre in another country, especially one whos main food is fish, which you hate >.<

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
dont know what a "mom and pop" restaurant is
but, been there and done that
10x harder when youre in another country, especially one whos main food is fish, which you hate >.<
I should of said Hole-In-The-Wall restaurant. The front entrance to both restaurants are under construction and covered with wood. The only thing I saw was "Yes, we're open". Didn't dawn on me I was walking through the wrong door.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having that attitude takes cojones :)

opps. This was intended to be a reply to the post about making mistakes when trying to talk in a second language. I don't know how to fix that. Sorry folks.

·
Bored and lazy
ISFJ, 9 something?
4,362 Posts
When you can't watch any t.v. show that shows an animal in distress, but could marathon watch murder mysteries or cop shops.
hahahahah, feel you here
love animals too much, if anything sad happens to an animal i just cant...
if its just a human, its fine - however... if they add emotional reactions to the death then im out

so yea, random deaths in detective things are no problem
somebody killing a dog is the evillest ********* ever
a loved character dying, and then everyone else mourning and reminiscing is torture

·
Banned
44 Posts
This is just based off my retarded experiences with the ISFJ.

you know your an ISFJ when you meet someone new and talk shit about some person they never met in their life.

You probably know your one when you believe everything you hear no matter what

you know your an ISFJ when you want to respond to this using 5000 laughing emojis and acting all ignorant without realizing it.

and you know your an ISFJ when you want to respond this is also using 5000 laughing emojis and making fun of how i used "your" instead of "you're"..

i know all isfj's cant be like this. But I dated a few and that was my exact experience with them

also,
im too lazy for grammar right now

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

you know your an ISFJ when you meet someone new and talk shit about some person they never met in their life.

you know your an ISFJ when you want to respond to this using 5000 laughing emojis and acting all ignorant without realizing it.

and you know your an ISFJ when you want to respond this is also using 5000 laughing emojis and making fun of how i used "your" instead of "you're"..

i know all isfj's cant be like this. But I dated a few and that was my exact experience with them

also,

·
Registered
248 Posts

also,

Feel better soon?

-----

Anyway:

- When you're doing a group project and your teammate can't write well at all so you have to try and decide if it's worth it to edit their part or turn it in and get a lower grade

- When volunteering at a hospital seems like the most exciting thing

- When you want to take home the planaria you're messing with in a science lab and make a little home for them because they're cute

- When half of your conversations with other Si-doms revolve around childhood/past experiences and people you know and you have a great time comparing former experiences (my boyfriend and I are both Si-dom and we're always sharing stories, I love it!)

- Having a really hard time getting rid of things that have memories attached to them

·
Registered
209 Posts
When you are in a group chat, and you’re friends are arguing about something you don’t give a shit about. And you’re just watching the argument trying to understand everyone’s perspective and after two pages of arguing you say “Let’s agree to disagree”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok... Ummm... Hello. :unsure:

Greetings from my beautiful country (Venezuela)

Gotta tell you... I've been reading this entire forum since yesterday. And I can only say: THANK YOU!!! Never thought that people like me could exist. Since I have Asperger's Syndrome I thought that I was just being overly dramatic due to this syndrome, but after discovering that I'm an ISFJ and after reading all your post... *Whispers*. I can say that I feel safe. A lot of your "quirks" are SO related to me.

Here comes my contribution (True story):

After 4 years of being unemployed, I was rescued by a program that helps people with disabilities. After 1 year of training, the company (which created the program) assigned me to work in its latest acquisition: A huge hall for meetings, cultural events, things like that... In one of those events (which happened last December) one of our clients sent someone in their name to make a reservation. My boss (A hot woman I must say) asked me to support in every way possible. With that clear message, I was prepared for everything je je. By the time the client arrived (which was a beautiful woman, a little bit younger than me), I presented myself as I usually do to any client. Turns out that when I finish my brief introduction, she hugged me like we were some kind of old friends...

I was in shock (Internally of course...)!!!!. I tried to maintain in order my own self and offering the best of my help to her. The voice in my mind was trying to tell me something but I decided to ignore it completely (the voice said "Instant crush alert :eek:h: "). After making all the preparation for the main event, She said goodbye and added: "Until next time". After making sure that she left... I started to hyperventilate(in my mind)... asking myself what just happened. The anxiety in my mind was so evident that my partner saw my brief moment of vulnerabilty reflected in my face... She giggled.

The day of the event arrived. Everything went perfectly. Each time someone was in need my name was announced. TBH I was extremely nervous that day... specially because the girl that hugged me (Let's call her "Strange girl"), she appeared in the event with a completely changed look, her hairstyle, her makeup, even her mannerism was changed (for the better ofc, although I could still see some of her previous behavior). I didn't recognize her until the very end of the event(It was a Christmas party). During those moments I had in my mind a picture of taking a photo with her... but my inner me was insisting in to focus on the job to do it perfectly at every step and kicking me for getting lost in my rich imagination.

At the very end of my turn, I approach to that girl to ask her if there was anything that I could do for her. Next thing was... kinda strange... she smiled me and asked me to take a photograph. I said yes. Then she hugged me, and out of the blue, she took a selfie with me. Good thing that my inner voice alerted me to smile truthfully!!!. Back in the real world, she thanked me for all I did during the party (By that time I was trying to process what happened... again. And also, I was internally blushing at MAXIMUM FORCE).

Then... I arrange every possible thing that could be out of place in my desk and prepared to leave. I wished merry Christmas to my boss and partner. And then I politely wished a happy new year to that "strange girl". I was ready to move on when I hear my boss calling me.... I nervously turn around (Wondering if I miss something or messed up something). I asked my boss if she needed something else. My boss asked the "strange girl" to repeat what she said previously... then she tells to my boss and my partner all the good things I did to help her through the entire event, and how "cute" I was looking by helping her. By that moment I was....:blushed: (Intensely!!!!). I just couldn't look her at the eyes. After she said all that stuff, I say goodbye to everyone and leave the place, with my face serene. Later in my house, my brother asked me to talk to him. He was about to start when he saw me with cryptical eyes (That kind of look when you know that someone is trying to read you intensely). I nervously asked: Wh...What is it!?. And then he said: "You're blushing". I forgot to switch off my memory player inside of my head. I was re imaging that past moment with the "strange girl". And then I explained to him what happened... he looked at me as he was proud of me.

Well enough of long testaments here it comes:

-You know you're an ISFJ when your crush (and people that truly matter to you) notices (and compliments) the efforts you made to impress her (or them). That feeling is PRICELESS!!!!

Am I alone in this?.

Thank you and have a nice day.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Okay, so I think I'm an ISFJ, so I'll give this a shot:

- When you really like how your extroverted FJ friend makes sure and speaks up for you, knowing you're more quiet.

- When you and other FJ's just get each other.

- When an xSTP attracts the shit outta you. They're just so sexy, flirty and hot while your a cinammon bun.

- When, yes, your a judger, but your a lot more laid back and calm than the other judgers around you.

- When you imagine and are excited to cuddle, kiss and love a future romantic partner.

- When you love sad love songs, because you can just feel the singer's emotion.

- When you and an FJ team up to ''mother'' someone.

- When you are worried if people think of you as someone you don't want to be.

- When you wonder if you should give in to your sexual feelings, but decide to wait for the right person to lose your virginity to.

- When you workout, because you want your future partner and others to like your body.

- When you're alone too long, you go into this weird, detached mode, and you hate it when that happens.

·
Registered
83 Posts
When you get so involved helping your co-workers you find yourself forgetting about your own work, you might be an ISFJ...

You know you’re an ISFJ when you can easily identify the same actor across different TV Shows/Movies
Haha, yes!!! Me too. My family and friends always point out how I have this random knowledge and always identify these people.

·
Registered
10 Posts
-Wanting to avoid conflict, but because you're a peace maker, you step in anyway even though you feel anxious on the inside xD

-When you're in the middle of a conversation and don't know what something means or are unsure of something, so you look it up right then or later on to make sure (I usually look it up right away if I'm talking to my sister lol).

-When everything seems to be going right, but you're anxious that something might go wrong anyway and can't relax until time has passed.

-Rereading what you've typed a million times before sending it, then finally sending it, only to realize you overlooked an error still or thinking at the last minute you could have rephrased something to make it more perfect lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
- you tried to be late once and instead arrived on time
- discomfort (cold, hunger, tiredness) is your mortal enemy, your mood is heavily influenced by it
- you prefer tasks where you know exactly what to do
- care like a mother for people who are important to you, like always care for their needs and be proactive
- you are a great gift giver because you remember small ocassions where someone said or seemed like they need something
- or because you write them down in your planner or an app :3
- you love planning in general, it's relaxing
- you take "risks" when you know it's safe or you know you'll be fine (e.g. skydiving)
- you often make up lots of bad scenarios in you head (inferior Ne)

1061 - 1080 of 1107 Posts