Personality Cafe banner

2001 - 2020 of 2748 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
You know you're istp when...
You get put in a situation with a person you don't know very well and the first thoughts in your head are, "How can i get away without them trying to talk to me"

You can't get overtaken on the highway without becoming feircly competitive and retaking your "position" only to have the other driver completely unaware you're in a race with them.

In bad situations you trust yourself to make the right decisions rather than let someone decide

·
Registered
174 Posts
When you engage in internet arguments with stupid people and you argue with logic... And then a fellow ISTP joins in to shit talk. Then the whole thing turns into a shit talking with memes fest and then the trolls/stupid get butthurt and leave/kicked out.

And you look back at your shit talk and realize how much of a badass you sound.

Hahahaha.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
While your Math professor is explaining the principles behind a theory, you're thinking, "Just get on with the examples!".

Reactions: 8jaaroud

·
Registered
22 Posts
When you're on holiday with your mates well "aquaintances" I went to a high school where I never made close friends. He had rented a quad forgot that in greece they drive on the right instead of the left like in the uk and pulled out a junction and his quad got hit. he managed to bring it back to the hotel and the damage looked expensive. We were in a group of 17 and I usually seem a bystander but I was compelled to go down and see what I could do. I ended up making the damage look a bit better I had to refit the light that had broke off and just making the damage look less than it was just by reclipping and tightening parts and I replaced the bulb. By the time I was done the quad wasnt too bad and once he returned it he had to pay around £50 for repairs but it was only a buldge in the tyre. They seemed astonished and wouldn't believe me when I said I hadn't worked on anything like that. To me it felt like common sense i just fiddled around with parts and seen what fitted to what etc.

·
Registered
174 Posts
When someone you know is about to rip open a bag of something or has issues of ripping something off, your immediate instinct is to do it for them.

You have so many unfinished projects from each hobby you picked up that were mostly hands on and wasted so much money on them. Because you either got bored or gave up due to time consumption. Then you're like, "Well fuck it, it was worth it." Why? Because at least you learned something that could come in handy later on.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
When you have to try hard not to sound sarcastic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When someone tells you that you're doing it wrong and you sit there not giving a fuck becuase you know your way is by far the best way or you wouldn't be doing it, and if it turns you're doing it the wrong way I wouldn't do it the right way because someone told me to I'd manage to make my way work, ps this was when i was learning how to play guitar and my ESTJ sister was telling me the my hands and shit were wrong but it still sounded good so I just blanked everything she said then left to play in my room.

·
Registered
174 Posts
- When you're bad at giving advice.

- When you're bad at relationships and have short term ones more than long term.

- You find solutions at work to make the job easier/faster and your boss is astonished.

·
Registered
174 Posts
- The thought of being overly loving and caring to everybody (including family and friends) makes you think, "Oh, how cheesy. Shivers..."

- You prefer to not see your significant other daily because you need your space.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Saw your profile, INFJ? What stuff CAN you relate to us? lol
My curiosity was sparked from reading this one site about tertiary loops and I thought that I'd read this thread because of how we share all the same cognitive functions. In a way I was hoping there were going to be more similarities... but really I don't hardly see any. (Written down anyway) Only thing I can relate to is spatial awareness.

Fe humour is another thing that makes us compatible possibly.

PINK MANHATTAN: INFJ / ISTP Tertiary Loop (plus celebrities & MBTI Types)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
- The thought of being overly loving and caring to everybody (including family and friends) makes you think, "Oh, how cheesy. Shivers..."

- You prefer to not see your significant other daily because you need your space.
LOL! I need a lot of space... sure. There seems to be little choice in the matter though.

And, I'm a serial dater, so idk. May be we are similar.

·
Registered
174 Posts
- You see a horrible story that happened to innocent humans and animals, your immediate reaction is cussing out the shitbags instead of sympathizing for the victims.

- When your friend is going through a tough time, you give her more practical advice on what to do instead of just only being loving.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
My curiosity was sparked from reading this one site about tertiary loops and I thought that I'd read this thread because of how we share all the same cognitive functions. In a way I was hoping there were going to be more similarities... but really I don't hardly see any. (Written down anyway) Only thing I can relate to is spatial awareness.

Interesting read thanks!

·
Banned
16,000 Posts

STP and NFJ are both team players. We are loners, but tribal and loyal. We both read the environment well, and are socially fluid. We don't back down either. We have to be the hardest types to control. All four types are smooth operators in their own way. They connect with people, and are good at knowing what others want.

Funny thing is, many of those guys are arguable. I have seen Affleck listed as an ISTP. I thought Lee was an ISTP, but now I think he is an INFJ. He is maxed out too. That is why it is so hard to tell. Plus I think him being Asian throws people off, but he is very intense and open about his feelings. People think of Lee as an athlete first, but he wasn't. He was a philosopher, teacher and actor. He has the wisdom of an ISTP and INFJ. Jung was a major influence on him. Lee was a counselor, and a dreamer. He said, don't think, feel. But he also says everything an ISTP would say as well. Being fearless and in the moment. Letting yourself flow. Lee is the perfect guy to show how these two types meet. Jung possibly too.

Reactions: Eudaimonia
2001 - 2020 of 2748 Posts