Personality Cafe banner

2041 - 2060 of 2748 Posts

·
Banned
1,509 Posts
You know you're an ISTP when you compliment others to get yourself in a favorable position, rather than doing it because you actually think they deserve to be complimented.
Ummm....I think that's called lying....

Which is the antithesis of being an ISTP....

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Ummm....I think that's called lying....

Which is the antithesis of being an ISTP....
I don't post in this thread often but I know an ISTP who lies. He has admitted it to me on a couple different occasions, mostly when he didn't want someone to feel bad or because he was mildly opportunistic. You ISTPs might be direct and even abrupt with the rest of us but you tell lies just like everybody else.

Also, @Gomez.ArtherJ, I do the window thing too and have for years. My husband asked me once what I was looking at and I said, "Nothing." I can look at trees, sky, rain etc. for hours. I'll sit down on the couch to read then get up and go back to the window. Usually, when I'm staring out, I have a longing or something else I'm contemplating. May be different for you. :)

Reactions: Gomez.ArtherJ

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't post in this thread often but I know an ISTP who lies. He has admitted it to me on a couple different occasions, mostly when he didn't want someone to feel bad or because he was mildly opportunistic. You ISTPs might be direct and even abrupt with the rest of us but you tell lies just like everybody else.

Also, @Gomez.ArtherJ, I do the window thing too and have for years. My husband asked me once what I was looking at and I said, "Nothing." I can look at trees, sky, rain etc. for hours. I'll sit down on the couch to read then get up and go back to the window. Usually, when I'm staring out, I have a longing or something else I'm contemplating. May be different for you. :)
Yeah I lie. I lie all the time and I don't feel bad about it. Because they are small little white lies that don't get me into ranting about nonsense or something might be funny. And I don't usually do the window thing only when I'm playing a video game. I just thought the window would be easier to say.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I'm always late when meeting up with people. My friends would text me and ask where I am usually I'd reply with "I'm leaving soon" then end up not leaving for about an hour because I've got caught up for some reason doing something else . Not always as late as that usually about 10-15mins late I just about make it into some lectures ontime .
I'm just late for everything always running late for something.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Idk if this is true for most ISTP's, but I pace around my aparment like crazy.It's big enough for me to run. I used to have a pull up bar which I used to swing from the sitting room ,through the hall ( 3 metres or so ). It was nice , I didn't have to walk so far to get to the kitche. But since I overused it , it bent and was threatening to fall down. So I had to take it down. Eitherway I still pace like crazy, and I can't do my homwork without pacing at least once every 3 minutes.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Idk if this is true for most ISTP's, but I pace around my aparment like crazy.It's big enough for me to run. I used to have a pull up bar which I used to swing from the sitting room ,through the hall ( 3 metres or so ). It was nice , I didn't have to walk so far to get to the kitche. But since I overused it , it bent and was threatening to fall down. So I had to take it down. Eitherway I still pace like crazy, and I can't do my homwork without pacing at least once every 3 minutes.
Yup, I pace all the time when I think. I tend to change directions with my thought process, too. Except, when something is breaking that I like, but am not willing to fix, I continue using it till snaps. Ex: when I was littler I had a swing set. The rope started splitting and fraying a little more each day, but I used it anyway, until it broke and I ate it.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yup, I pace all the time when I think. I tend to change directions with my thought process, too. Except, when something is breaking that I like, but am not willing to fix, I continue using it till snaps. Ex: when I was littler I had a swing set. The rope started splitting and fraying a little more each day, but I used it anyway, until it broke and I ate it.
You ate it? It can't have tastsen good.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hey, manila rope isn't half bad.

At first I said ate shit, then realized there are too many smart asses here. (no pun intended)
It's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When somebody from my college dorm tells me that she thought I was depressed all of last year because she never saw me smile and that she was surprised to see me more animated at this one party. It's just my face... :/

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah, but we're perfectly capable of finding out the info on our own... so hush... had to be said. :mellow:
that's what's make writers/director rich.

they do half of the job and you fill in the blanks.

For me,I started to get bored by movies,except for a well written one.Otherwise I look for something else.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
.... If you're good at procastinating and then getting the work done quickly and good then you're most likely an ISTP.

2041 - 2060 of 2748 Posts