Personality Cafe banner

2241 - 2260 of 2746 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
You know you're an ISTP when you get pissed off over something you intended to fix being thrown away without your permission.

I had a huge Eiffel Tower statue that I brought in PR that broke in the suitcase and I kept the pieces because I was gonna fix it. But my great-grandmother threw it away and didn't tell me. Fuck.
My parents used to do that. "It's broke, you can fix that," became a challenge, so I'd dig the stuff they threw away out of the trash, clean it up, fix it, then they'd look confused when it "reappeared" intact.

My overly-organized INFJ has her moments too, until I point out that half the reason I haven't gotten to a project is because she keeps finding stuff at auctions and garage sales that "only need a little work". At least she appreciates my ability to repair things, though.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
My parents used to do that. "It's broke, you can fix that," became a challenge, so I'd dig the stuff they threw away out of the trash, clean it up, fix it, then they'd look confused when it "reappeared" intact.

My overly-organized INFJ has her moments too, until I point out that half the reason I haven't gotten to a project is because she keeps finding stuff at auctions and garage sales that "only need a little work". At least she appreciates my ability to repair things, though.
My great-grandmother knows I'm adept at fixing things, but her excuse is that we have too much clutter in the house. That's why I get annoyed when she takes my belongings and tosses it, knowing fully well I've never tossed anything of hers, broken or not. My great-grandfather, on the other hand, appreciates my ability and often consults me when he needs my help. Even he gets annoyed when his wife tosses his stuff. I think she just gets bored or something, and cleans up just to have something to do.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
When you get uncomfortable by someone calling you "honey".
Ugh, too relatable. It's really awkward coming from someone I'm not dating.

The only person who could ever call me any term of endearment without making me cringe is my SO. However he's already dubbed me "Ellybean."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
💌
8,776 Posts
Ugh, too relatable. It's really awkward coming from someone I'm not dating.

The only person who could ever call me any term of endearment without making me cringe is my SO. However he's already dubbed me "Ellybean."
Yes, exactly how I feel.

Haha that's cute, more endearing than bothersome.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You have a one on one conversation and the other one keeps saying your name at the end of every sentence and it annoys the living shit out of you.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Anyone else suck at dating? I get too quiet, though I'd consider myself "linguistically efficient". I've been on a few dates, and I think dating isn't for me. Most girls expect you to be extroverted from the start, and whenever there's a comfortable silence, it's taken badly. I also don't really have the patience to get a know a girl, because I don't really care, so I usually don't tell them a whole lot about myself.

Anyone else feel the same?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Absolutely, that's why I don't do Tinder and so on. Too superficial.
On the contrary, I either want something very deep or superficial. The problem is that most girls on Tinder want something short term, rarely do they want hookups if they even reply. Tinder is an ego boast app.

·
Registered
545 Posts
When you get uncomfortable by someone calling you "honey".
Yes, I agree, I also hate hearing other people calling each other pet names. I don't like nicknames or shortened versions of my name either.

This is kind of related; I can't stand it when people call me:dude, bro, boss, man, buddy, etc.

·
💌
8,776 Posts
These are brilliant lmao
I'm still laughing, I don't know why and thanks good to know I'm not alone :laughing:

A few more then I'll stop.

The last one may be my favorite.

2241 - 2260 of 2746 Posts