Personality Cafe banner

2261 - 2280 of 2748 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
When you stumble upon some gifs you find hilarious for no reason and wish you could do the same.

View attachment 382010

I couldn't attach 3 out of 4 but oh well.
They're not that big.
Classic ISTP. We'll emotional flatline over stuff that causes others to meltdown, but suddenly burst into laughter over things that make others scratch their heads in bewilderment.

I know why those gifs are hilarious. Every ISTP has a moment when they're sick of society, and would love to be in the role of Godzilla during those times. It's probably a good thing for humanity that we're notorious procrastinators and a bit lazy at times.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
When you're stoic and unemotional but compassionate. ;)
I find it easier to feel empathy if I've experienced it myself. If I haven't gone through it myself, it's gonna be a bit more awkward trying to comfort people who have.

However even if I feel compassion, I'm not gonna show it the same way feelers do lol

·
Registered
722 Posts
However even if I feel compassion, I'm not gonna show it the same way feelers do lol
Me neither. An example of my said compassion is when I see a stray dog, emaciated and wandering the street, I'd stop by and give the dog a decent meal, like a chicken/meat, contact animal care/no-kill shelter for them to nurse the dog back to health and give him the chance to be adopted. Or when I see a child lost, I'd try to get him/her back to his parents, somehow...etc. I don't speak comforting words for comforting sake because I'm not very good at that. All I'm gonna say is, "hey, let's find your mommy" to the child and "eat up, you're gonna need it" to the dog. I let my action and result speak for itself.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Me neither. An example of my said compassion is when I see a stray dog, emaciated and wandering the street, I'd stop by and give the dog a decent meal, like a chicken/meat, contact animal care/no-kill shelter for them to nurse the dog back to health and give him the chance to be adopted. Or when I see a child lost, I'd try to get him/her back to his parents, somehow...etc. I don't speak comforting words for comforting sake because I'm not very good at that. All I'm gonna say is, "hey, let's find your mommy" to the child and "eat up, you're gonna need it" to the dog. I let my action and result speak for itself.
Yeah, that's similar to my manner of assisting others for the most part. If there's a practical solution, so be it. Verbal comfort I can only do depending on how well I know the person, but I'm not very good at it when it comes to strangers. I do prefer actions any day, however. They speak volumes. Words are just... Words.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Banned
4,143 Posts
Well, this was me, but I'm sure that it's a TP thing:

I was in line somewhere, and behind me, someone of the same group was struggling with a pack of vacuum-sealed nuts. He kept asking around for some scissors. I indicated that I had scissors, and he gave the pack to me. I took one look at it, calmly opened it by the weak spot made just for that purpose, and, looking him in the eye the whole time, handed it back to him. I turned around again and only then the other members of my group burst out laughing. He had been trying to open that package multiple times that day already.

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
Friend: You remember that old friend of ours from long ago?
Rainquility: Yeah.
Friend: I met him again recently and he seems to speak highly of you.
Rainquility: Does he really? What did he say?
Friend: He says that when he sees you on Campus you are able to just look like you don't give a f*ck.
Rainquility: Ah, how flattering. Just what I like to hear.

// Objective Complete // :laughing:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Friend: (insert complicated solution to a problem here)
Me: Why don't you just do this?
Friend: Why do you always have to one-up me with a simpler solution?

or

Friend: Damn, the _______ isn't working. Gotta call the repair--
Me: I'LL FIX IT!
Friend: Are you sure? Maybe we should just call--
Me: NOOO wait hold on I got this!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Energy saving/conservation I feel is a true ISTP thing..
I remember watching a program as a child about spiders and how they rarely move unless it is essential, catching flies etc...
It really stuck with me for an odd reason.. now flicking through these post I realise I am not a crazy spiderwoman just an ISTP!

I will not take 2 trips to do anything!

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
One person added me.
After some time I deleted them just to have an empty friend list.
Sorry not sorry. No hard feelings, you were listed as an ISTP too.
Gotta do what you gotta. It's funny, though. If someone unfriends me on FB, I never even notice.

·
Registered
326 Posts
When you're cooking with someone who cooks for fun more than food, working on a meal and she flips on you for using one spatula instead of a spatula, a wooden spoon, everything else and the kitchen sink. You're just thinking it's more efficient to use two utensils rather than 8.

2261 - 2280 of 2748 Posts