Personality Cafe banner

241 - 260 of 2748 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
For me, "Love" is an action, and I have to see that action for some period of time before i can accept a "Love" comment. I also wouldn't dream of saying "I love you" to someone unless I had demonstrated a period of a time in which my actions proved it first. I guess for me, my concept of love is a high level of commitment and acceptance that has to be played out before it can be stated as a fact.

I would rather someone said "I really enjoy your company" or "I like you" or "You make me happy" for the first several months of a relationship, as I feel that is more honest.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Is it a normal ISTP thing to stay home sick and end up shoveling the sidewalk? I know an ISTP who always does chores/work even though he's supposed to be resting.
Depends how sick they are I guess. Some things just have to get done and nobody else will do them for you.

I feel like recently I've reached a state of perma-work where even on "days off" I'm still doing lots of other things. Resting happens nightly and when I get really worn down I'll spend a weekend afternoon watching TV or napping

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Is it a normal ISTP thing to stay home sick and end up shoveling the sidewalk? I know an ISTP who always does chores/work even though he's supposed to be resting.
It is. We don't do sickness. And I dare to say that if you cut our legs off, we'll learn how to run around on our hands.

·
Banned
72 Posts
you know you're an istp when you tell yourself that you will get your own pilot's license, motorcycle license, then you tell yourself you'll get em later, then after a few months you tell yourself that and procrastinate again

·
Registered
40 Posts
She: (after a fuse blew out in the house) Jeeh all this electricity stuff is so..well..confusing. No one really knows what it is.
He: honey, I am out with the dog.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You know you're an ISTP when:

Your neighborhood gets buried under snow overnight, the plows won't be coming to your road for at least another day, so you use a personal snow-blower to clear 200+ yards of road to get to the main road. Hooah!

·
Registered
124 Posts

Your neighborhood gets buried under snow overnight, the plows won't be coming to your road for at least another day, so you use a personal snow-blower to clear 200+ yards of road to get to the main road. Hooah!
Yeah I pretty much did that yesterday; dug myself out of my apartment and down to the sidewalk with a shovel for fun. Beats being cooped up all day, but hilarious when the guy with a snow-blower showed up about an hour after I was done to clear the walkway. Still can't get my car out though since somebody pushed an 8-foot pile of snow from clearing a parking lot and totally blocked my alley.

·
Registered
202 Posts

It's official: i'm not an istp. I'm in no way motivated to do that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
some bints were clearly speaking about me last evening: We have a break in the middle of our class, so i go take a stroll down the hallway to get the blood circulating back in the ole legs. Anyway, I make a phone call and am looking at my phone while walking back to the classroom and catch the tail-end of the conversation along the lines of: "yeah he really doesn't talk that much..........ugh oh looks like your in trouble" then they scurry off back inside.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
some bints were clearly speaking about me last evening: We have a break in the middle of our class, so i go take a stroll down the hallway to get the blood circulating back in the ole legs. Anyway, I make a phone call and am looking at my phone while walking back to the classroom and catch the tail-end of the conversation along the lines of: "yeah he really doesn't talk that much..........ugh oh looks like your in trouble" then they scurry off back inside.
lol....this reminds me of about a year ago at work....one of our interns was mouthing off to me (about a mistake SHE had made, no less) and i wouldn't take it and i very quickly put her in her place with a few choice sentences. then a couple weeks later i passed her in the hall with another intern and as i got to the end of the hallway i heard her turn to the other intern and go "Does she scare the shit out of you as much as she does me?"

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would love to know!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
241 - 260 of 2748 Posts