Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 2746 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
You know you're an ISTP when you say "I don't care" more times before 7AM than most people do all day.

(why is that?)
I forgot that one. :tongue:

Re: eye contact... what's the big deal with eye contact? Obviously you look someone in the eye if you're talking to them face-to-face. Wouldn't you come across as a total pussy if you didn't? One must establish dominance.
That's your ENTJ altar ego.:wink:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You know you're an ISTP when you say "I don't care" more times before 7AM than most people do all day.

(why is that?)

Re: eye contact... what's the big deal with eye contact? Obviously you look someone in the eye if you're talking to them face-to-face. Wouldn't you come across as a total pussy if you didn't? One must establish dominance.
Thats a very common misconception. Eye contact is just another 'skill' to use. The fact that you don't look him/her straight in the eye all the time doesn't mean your a wimp. Unless you avoid ALL eye contact and send out other signals with your body like shuffling your feet and looking down.
If you stare at him/her intensely, with an emotionless face and talk normally most people freak out quite fast.

·
Registered
743 Posts
people suck? but ur people, do u suck? :laughing:
ISTPs believe everyone sucks. Even other ISTPs. It goes with the turf and you learn not to take it personally. :wink:

Unless you avoid ALL eye contact and send out other signals with your body like shuffling your feet and looking down.
Oh yeah, I know a guy who does that and it's as annoying as hell. He looks down, he mumbles, I can't hear him, I ask him to repeat, he gets self-conscious... the cycle is established.

Probably... :)

I like your new avatar by the way.
Cheers, it's tricky to find a good oil rig photo.:tongue:

·
Registered
9 Posts
You know you are an ISTP when you spend months lurking on pc, but not signing up cause its too much hassle thinking of a username and an avatar. And when you finally do sign up, you don't much feel like introducing yourself cause thats a hassle to:laughing:

·
Registered
1 Posts
You know you are an ISTP when you spend months lurking on pc, but not signing up cause its too much hassle thinking of a username and an avatar. And when you finally do sign up, you don't much feel like introducing yourself cause thats a hassle to:laughing:
i just had to give you props for that one.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Confuggled by the fact that people dont know when you're coming up behind them (i tend to walk a lot faster than everybody so always coming up behind ppl and they dont bother to get out of the way and ofen times they slow down or stop to look at something. im always aware of when somebodys near me, as im always turnin head to look around at things anyways i pretty much always know if somebody is behind me.)
Oh my GOD, I KNOW. Uggggh it drives me crazy. It gets really bad in stores... people have no clue about their surroundings sometimes.

having to do ten things at once because you put them all off until last minute
Check.

curse often
I have a potty mouth... heh.

Re: eye contact, This is something I have to consciously force myself to do. If I stop actively thinking about it I start staring off into space. I do find it helps (with professors, etc) to absorb info if I look at them while they talk, though. With other people/situations when making eye contact, sometimes I don't really hear what they are saying because I'm studying their face.... or if what they're talking about is boring I'm usually thinking about something else. Do this all the time to my husband when he starts talking about history or something. Hah. :mellow:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Confuggled by the fact that people dont know when you're coming up behind them (i tend to walk a lot faster than everybody so always coming up behind ppl and they dont bother to get out of the way and ofen times they slow down or stop to look at something. im always aware of when somebodys near me, as im always turnin head to look around at things anyways i pretty much always know if somebody is behind me.)
Oh my GOD, I KNOW. Uggggh it drives me crazy. It gets really bad in stores... people have no clue about their surroundings sometimes.
Can I third this? I'm a big guy and whenever I'm shopping, little old ladies always turn their heads to side to read the labels on, hell, prunes or something, and they ALWAYS walk into me. Then they look at me like I'm some freak. Sensory awareness, please? :dry:

You know you're an ISTP when...

... you walk into a shop and immediately wonder how much steel in the frame. If there are any visible supporting pillars you thump them to figure out how strong they are.

... you shake food cans to hear the noises they make and feed your Se. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
We could start one.

It could be titled "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall".

Each newcomer would take one down, pass it around, and there'd be one less bottle of beer on the wall.

Efficient and fun :laughing:
Well it would be nice to encourage newcomers... but I think the real entertainment value lies in seeing which of us will overcome our apathy first.

·
Registered
547 Posts
having to do ten things at once because you put them all off until last minute
and this one "You know you're an ISTP when you say "I don't care" more times before 7AM than most people do all day."

ISTPs believe everyone sucks. Even other ISTPs. It goes with the turf and you learn not to take it personally. :wink:
all true, a thousand times true! Plus the devastating one-liners, those can be atomic bombs without us even realizing it. I've been accused of using a verbal switchblade.

--And you know you're ISTP if you built some workbenches and shelving in your garage out of odds and ends you had lying around, but then never organized/put anything away. And if you store half of your tools in the kitchen where the pots and pans are supposed to be.
:confused:

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
And you know you're ISTP if you built some workbenches and shelving in your garage out of odds and ends you had lying around, but then never organized/put anything away. And if you store half of your tools in the kitchen where the pots and pans are supposed to be.
Guilty as charged :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Most everything on here is true except for the whole eye contact thing. For me it varies, when I'm telling a story I usually gaze off and don't necessarily make eye contact but I do try and look at the person. When I'm listening to the person talk I either look them in the eyes or look at a distinguishing feature on their face. Women say that I have 'those eyes' whatever that means, maybe its just the baby blues that 'pierce your soul'.

kudos to the whole "devastating one liners"

21 - 40 of 2746 Posts