Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 2746 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Most everything on here is true except for the whole eye contact thing. For me it varies, when I'm telling a story I usually gaze off and don't necessarily make eye contact but I do try and look at the person. When I'm listening to the person talk I either look them in the eyes or look at a distinguishing feature on their face. Women say that I have 'those eyes' whatever that means, maybe its just the baby blues that 'pierce your soul'.

I have 'those eyes' as well. Especially ENFP girls notice and keep repeating that to me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
--And you know you're ISTP if you built some workbenches and shelving in your garage out of odds and ends you had lying around, but then never organized/put anything away. And if you store half of your tools in the kitchen where the pots and pans are supposed to be.
:confused:
Check. I keep saying that if I actually had a proper place to work, that I wouldn't leave my tools everywhere...... but I know that's only wishful thinking.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There are lots of married ISTPs though. So they can't be that bad. :)

haha of course, just it seem a lot of us it is hard to get long term r/s or stable/serious type one
a lot of my SP or STP friends seem to have similar cases

but you're right, we're not that bad :p

·
Registered
743 Posts
haha of course, just it seem a lot of us it is hard to get long term r/s or stable/serious type one
a lot of my SP or STP friends seem to have similar cases

but you're right, we're not that bad :p
Plenty of types have that problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are lots of married ISTPs though. So they can't be that bad. :)
For me marriage is a wonder.
Something that I can never comprehend...
I can't imagine marrying someone and stuck with the same person the rest of my life...
Its nice to have someone to be with but I got bored with people really2 fast :frustrating:
Even when theres nothing wrong with them...

p/s:yeah.i've been lurking here for months but never bother to post anything. nice to meet u all

·
Registered
212 Posts
I used to be the same way, I would always just get really bored with whoever I was with, and just CRAVE space. But I found someone I actually like spending time with, and still haven't gotten sick of at all. We've only been married for a few months, so I can't attest to the longevity of the relationship from that standpoint. And whether at some point in the future, the day happens where I am just completely bored, then so be it. But for now, what we have works.

I don't believe in true love, or soulmates, or any other of that horse crap, but I think that when you find someone where the relationship just kind of works it out without much effort (at least, feeling like there's much effort put in) then it's good and you should hang on to it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
212 Posts
^ Really?? COngrats to you. ^_^
I hope I will find someone like that too...
What's your husband's type?
Umm, not really sure. He doesn't care about the MBTI stuff at all. I suspect he is an ESxx. (The S because he doesn't care about theory unless it is useful).

Don't worry. If it happens, it happens. If it does, it will come gradually. You won't be hit with a moment of realization, or an overwhelming rush of emotions (if you're anything like me :tongue:).

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
p/s:yeah.i've been lurking here for months but never bother to post anything. nice to meet u all
So did i for months before i made an account... should this trait be listed also as a typical istp behaviour? It takes quite a long time to feel comfortable enough in a new environment so that i can start behaving more normally.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
So did i for months before i made an account... should this trait be listed also as a typical istp behaviour? It takes quite a long time to feel comfortable enough in a new environment so that i can start behaving more normally.
Hehe... I'm like that in real life, but on the internet I couldn't care less. I always know I'm not going to stay for long. I jump in and enjoy myself while it lasts, until something else catches my interest. I often marvel at people who stay for years on the same forum... I could never go that long without getting bored.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hehe... I'm like that in real life, but on the internet I couldn't care less. I always know I'm not going to stay for long. I jump in and enjoy myself while it lasts, until something else catches my interest. I often marvel at people who stay for years on the same forum... I could never go that long without getting bored.
I hear you, sister! I go through phases, I usually post quite a lot until I hit about 100 posts... which I've surpassed.... whoa, new record.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
And if you store half of your tools in the kitchen where the pots and pans are supposed to be.
... or in my toalette box :blushed:

i agree about the eye-contact being too much work. a person is talking, you look them in the eyes, you notice their mouth moving, you focus on the mouth when their forehead starts frowning, you look at that and see the eyes again, during all this you forget to listen ... way too energy goes for this.

... you're an ISTP when you rather do thousand things at the same time than one after another, even though it takes twice longer - just because it's more practical.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
you're an ISTP when you rather do thousand things at the same time than one after another, even though it takes twice longer - just because it's more practical.
Really? I thought ISTPs didn't like multi-tasking. I know I don't... I much prefer to focus on one thing at a time. I'm curious, can you give an example of what you referred to above?
:)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
is it no multitasking? then i just met a weird couple of ISTPs like me that just do multitask :) i ment for example my tipical thing, taking out the trash - i would rather spend 20 minutes on combining a huge pile of garbage together so it can all fit into my hands than going to the trash can 3 times and taking smaller pieces ;)

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
i would rather spend 20 minutes on combining a huge pile of garbage together so it can all fit into my hands than going to the trash can 3 times and taking smaller pieces ;)
Oh, I see what you mean. You're looking for the most energy-saving solution, rather than the most time-saving solution. Yeah I do that too, all the time. It's all about mechanical advantage, i.e. who cares if it takes longer... it's less effort.

That's why, whenever we're watching someone else perform a task, we always wonder why they're doing it the hard way.

41 - 60 of 2746 Posts