Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 2748 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
haha of course, just it seem a lot of us it is hard to get long term r/s or stable/serious type one
a lot of my SP or STP friends seem to have similar cases

but you're right, we're not that bad :p
Before me my ISTP husband had two girlfriends and the relationships ended very shortly...but once he and I started dating he discussed marriage rather soon. (I was the indecisive one actually) And though he does need alone time more than I do, I don't feel like he's got commitment issues...

Why do you think ISTPs have long term relationship problems? I'm curious

·
Registered
243 Posts
[.is this just me or any other istps? i never look ppl in the eye when speaking to them. a quick glance but then im off looking at other shit. ppl often interpret this as a sign of 'weakness' but we're using our ears, i dont need to be looking at you. id much rather look at things around me than people (i dont like people)

curse often[/quote]

Yes and yes! And I'm an INTP. People don't like it when I don't eyeball them when we're having a conversation but I don't care. I don't like people either.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Before me my ISTP husband had two girlfriends and the relationships ended very shortly...but once he and I started dating he discussed marriage rather soon. (I was the indecisive one actually) And though he does need alone time more than I do, I don't feel like he's got commitment issues...

Some things in life are worth being tied to. Somehow you just know them when you find them.

Most things I don't want to form attachments. Less strings to deal with cluttering my head.

·
Registered
456 Posts

If I have had relationships they've been long term. A 4, 2 and 1yr. Otherwise, it doesn't last more than a month. I'm just really picky. It's gotta be worth it and feel right.

·
Registered
561 Posts
If I have had relationships they've been long term. A 4, 2 and 1yr. Otherwise, it doesn't last more than a month. I'm just really picky. It's gotta be worth it and feel right.
Not sure I'm ISTP... have slotted myself as INTP forever, but where the relationship descriptions are concerned I'm totally ISTP, and where functions are concerned I think I'm more (Ti dominant then) Se-Ni than Ne-Si. I have this bar/restaurant that I go to all the time and have for over a year now, and the other day a cute guy walked past and the owner happened to be outside and I told him that guy was cute, and he said that he wondered if I dated at all, and that he had picked up that I was picky.

My one and only relationship, about seven years ago, lasted about 3 months, and I wasn't really that into it. The guy was told by the girl he was sleeping with that he had to tell me that, and he was disgruntled about it, but I was like, so? And I can't imagine dating someone that i don't already know... that makes it difficult.

Reactions: Capsicum

·
Registered
743 Posts
Not sure I'm ISTP... have slotted myself as INTP forever, but where the relationship descriptions are concerned I'm totally ISTP, and where functions are concerned I think I'm more (Ti dominant then) Se-Ni than Ne-Si. I have this bar/restaurant that I go to all the time and have for over a year now, and the other day a cute guy walked past and the owner happened to be outside and I told him that guy was cute, and he said that he wondered if I dated at all, and that he had picked up that I was picky.

My one and only relationship, about seven years ago, lasted about 3 months, and I wasn't really that into it. The guy was told by the girl he was sleeping with that he had to tell me that, and he was disgruntled about it, but I was like, so? And I can't imagine dating someone that i don't already know... that makes it difficult.
Sounds very ISTP.

Welcome to the club! Pick up your membership card at the door. :tongue:

·
Registered
40 Posts
You are an ISTP when you..

You are an ISTP when you

- hate going into office parties. But once you are there it might actually become pretty nice.
- you can brush your teeth and shave at the same time. You practiced this.
- you get a kick out of driving and eating a Big Mac. You are proud of yourself that you are such a master doing that.
- you spend 3 hours fixing the washing machine
- you know that you are better then the repairman
- If you buy a new piece of A/V equipment the first thing you do is opening the cover. Even it it voids warranty, what the heck...
- If you see someone with an engine which doesn't start usually you can fix it.
- you don't like getting phone calls. The ringer scares you.
- you wished you had a garden shed.
- you only buy quality tools
- tools excite you, drills, watts, pneumatics, hydrolics....wooo
- you like demolition. You stop by, you watch the videos.
- explosions, machine guns, tanks
- you may buy tools you never use. Just the possession gives a rush.
- if you have a car, boat, motorcycle: you WILL find out its top speed.
- For cars, boats, trucks: you love to at least once tow something extremely heavy or load something up to the limit
- when you talk to your mother on the phone, you have often nothing to say
- for once, you would like to have to have sex in an X-ray machine. Just to see how it works.
- you consider yourself a loner. No-one really understands you. In fact, most of them are stupid anyway.
- if you are ever sick, you may try alternative but in the end you rely on proven hard-core medicine.
- on medicine: you completely ignore the prescription dose. if 1 is good, 3 must be better. What the heck.
- At a music concert you always will have a look at the PA panel or try to see something backstage.
- you leave your GPS on while on an airplane
- the airshow channel is anyhow the most interesting thing in a plane
- you take window seats, or when the cockpit door is open, you would love aisle
- while flying United Airlines you listen to channel 9, airtraffic control
- You get excited when there is turbulence and in fact you hope that it will turn really bad.
- keeping an agenda was never your strongest point.
- you try to remember birthday parties from your head.
- you go shopping without a list and in a supermarket you pass each department two times
- when your wife starts '..my female intuition tells me...', you get depressed.
- you often wonder if you are the only one with brains
- even while you know that you are right, you may be shy to speak up in a meeting
- in that same meeting you are annoyed with the stupidity around you. Still, you keep shut.
- you are the one rescuing cats from trees, getting hamsters from behind the cupboard etc
- you like fixing broken light bulbs
- Somebody has ever told you that you are a mcGyver
- you like pocket knives
- you have contempt for people who can't change a tire
- you are familiar with being electrocuted. Many, many times you've touched the wrong wire.
- you find the capacity of a 9V battery with your tongue
- you wonder why people would ever use video calling
- You have an iPhone for the apps, not for the phone
- you put your phone on voicemail, even while you are there
- but, once you are on the phone, if you know the person, you could talk for hours

Part 2

- your 5 year old daughter gets slot-car race set for her birthday
- you own and use a torque wrench
- you cannot count the scars you have
- you have still not seen the movie ‘Titanic’
- you reverse-engineer the MBTI test
- you give your children a toolbox for their birthday
- you have had at least one idea you think you would be able to get a patent. But you were too lazy to follow up.
- you played with Lego. And you still do.
- you spend 3 hours at Fry’s.
- Fry’s is the highlight of the week. Of the few things you plan, this is what you plan in advance.
- you think romance is not reserved for you. You have no idea how to do it.
- you watch ‘Future Weapons’ on discovery channel
- you started writing a book, wrote 2 chapters, but you did not finish it
- you want to own a stethoscope. To listen to the engine.
- if you see a Ferrari coming in the rear view mirror, you open your window
- you blush
- you think you are a-sexual to the opposite sex
- you network for a reason, not because you like it.
- you find Facebook stupid
- you only use two emoticons, if at all
- you forget the ‘hello’ and ‘thank you’ in emails.
- you send emails to the person sitting next to you
- you don’t send any email. Because you don’t think it makes any sense.
- people ask you if you are frustrated when you are in fact perfectly happy
- you WILL buy that RC airplane
- you will drive off road with a 2WD. Just try it.
- company strategy presentations are annoying. The so called ‘visions’ are meaningless to you.
- you know what is the best garage soap
- you love walking on salvage yards and junk yards
- you are fascinated by car accidents, fires. You follow firetrucks
- you watch ‘seconds from disaster’
- you own at least 4 flashlights
- you own several roles of duct-tape, insulating band in different colors, super glue (2 tubes dried up, one almost empty)
- you talk to yourself
- at birthday parties, you try to find ways to escape. Stay longer on the toilet, walk outside etc.
- you have made excel spreadsheets which have somehow automated something
- you have tried to make an automatic door opener at the age of 10
- you blow fuses
- Shell V-power 100
- you are excluded from office gossip
- you like the smell of gasoline

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Excellent, incredible! I put an * next to each one that I can personally relate to.

You are an ISTP when you

- hate going into office parties. But once you are there it might actually become pretty nice.
*- you get a kick out of driving and eating a Big Mac. You are proud of yourself that you are such a master doing that.
***- you spend 3 hours fixing the washing machine
**- you know that you are better then the repairman
*- If you buy a new piece of A/V equipment the first thing you do is opening the cover. Even it it voids warranty, what the heck...
*- If you see someone with an engine which doesn't start usually you can fix it.
*- you don't like getting phone calls. The ringer scares you.
*- you wished you had a garden shed.
**- you only buy quality tools
*- tools excite you, drills, watts, pneumatics, hydrolics wooo
**- you like demolition. You stop by, you watch the videos.
***- explosions, machine guns, tanks
*- you may buy tools you never use. Just the possesion gives a rush.
*- if you have a car, boat, motorcycle: you WILL find out its top speed.
- For cars, boats,trucks: you love to at least once tow something extremely heavy or load something up to the limit
- for once, you would like to have to have sex in an X-ray machine. Just to see how it works.
- you consider yourself a loner. No-one really understands you. In fact, most of them are stupid anyway.
*- if you are ever sick, you may try alternative but in the end you rely on proven hard-core medicine.
- on medicine: you completely ignore the prescription dose. if 1 is good, 3 must be better. What the heck.
*- At a music concert you always will have a look at the PA panel or try to see something backstage.
*- you take window seats, or when the cockpit door is open, you would love aisle
- You get excited when there is turbulence and in fact you hope that it will turn really bad.
*- keeping an agenda was never your strongest point.
**- you go shopping without a list and in a supermarket you pass each department two times
*- even while you know that you are right, you may be shy to speak up in a meeting
*- in that same meeting you are annoyed with the stupidity around you. Still, you keep shut.
- you are the one rescueing cats from trees, getting hamsters from behind the cupboard etc
*- you like fixing broken light bulbs
**- you like pocket knives
*- you have contempt for people who can't change a tyre
**- you are familiar with being electrocuted. Many, many times you've touched the wrong wire.
***- you find the capacity of a 9V battery with your tongue
**- but, once you are on the phone, if you know the person, you could talk for hours

·
Registered
31 Posts
You are an ISTP when you

- you get a kick out of driving and eating a Big Mac. You are proud of yourself that you are such a master doing that.
- you spend 3 hours fixing the washing machine
- you know that you are better then the repairman
- If you buy a new piece of A/V equipment the first thing you do is opening the cover. Even it it voids warranty, what the heck...
- If you see someone with an engine which doesn't start usually you can fix it.
- you don't like getting phone calls. The ringer scares you.
- you wished you had a garden shed.
- you only buy quality tools
- tools excite you, drills, watts, pneumatics, hydrolics....wooo
- you like demolition. You stop by, you watch the videos.
- explosions, machine guns, tanks
- you may buy tools you never use. Just the possession gives a rush.
- if you have a car, boat, motorcycle: you WILL find out its top speed.
- For cars, boats, trucks: you love to at least once tow something extremely heavy or load something up to the limit
- if you are ever sick, you may try alternative but in the end you rely on proven hard-core medicine.
- At a music concert you always will have a look at the PA panel or try to see something backstage.
- you take window seats, or when the cockpit door is open, you would love aisle
- keeping an agenda was never your strongest point.
- you go shopping without a list and in a supermarket you pass each department two times
- even while you know that you are right, you may be shy to speak up in a meeting
- in that same meeting you are annoyed with the stupidity around you. Still, you keep shut.
- you are the one rescuing cats from trees, getting hamsters from behind the cupboard etc
- you like fixing broken light bulbs
- you like pocket knives
- you have contempt for people who can't change a tire
- you are familiar with being electrocuted. Many, many times you've touched the wrong wire.
- you find the capacity of a 9V battery with your tongue
- but, once you are on the phone, if you know the person, you could talk for hours

Part 2

- your 5 year old daughter gets slot-car race set for her birthday
- you own and use a torque wrench
- you cannot count the scars you have
- you have still not seen the movie ‘Titanic’
- you reverse-engineer the MBTI test
- you give your children a toolbox for their birthday
- you have had at least one idea you think you would be able to get a patent. But you were too lazy to follow up.
- you played with Lego. And you still do.
- you spend 3 hours at Fry’s.
- Fry’s is the highlight of the week. Of the few things you plan, this is what you plan in advance.
- you think romance is not reserved for you. You have no idea how to do it.
- you watch ‘Future Weapons’ on discovery channel
- you started writing a book, wrote 2 chapters, but you did not finish it
- you want to own a stethoscope. To listen to the engine.
- if you see a Ferrari coming in the rear view mirror, you open your window
- you blush
- you think you are a-sexual to the opposite sex
- you network for a reason, not because you like it.
- you find Facebook stupid
- you only use two emoticons, if at all
- you forget the ‘hello’ and ‘thank you’ in emails.
- you send emails to the person sitting next to you
- you don’t send any email. Because you don’t think it makes any sense.
- people ask you if you are frustrated when you are in fact perfectly happy
- you WILL buy that RC airplane
- you will drive off road with a 2WD. Just try it.
- company strategy presentations are annoying. The so called ‘visions’ are meaningless to you.
- you know what is the best garage soap
- you love walking on salvage yards and junk yards
- you are fascinated by car accidents, fires. You follow firetrucks
- you watch ‘seconds from disaster’
- you own at least 4 flashlights
- you own several roles of duct-tape, insulating band in different colors, super glue (2 tubes dried up, one almost empty)
- you talk to yourself
- at birthday parties, you try to find ways to escape. Stay longer on the toilet, walk outside etc.
- you have made excel spreadsheets which have somehow automated something
- you have tried to make an automatic door opener at the age of 10
- you blow fuses
- Shell V-power 100
- you are excluded from office gossip
- you like the smell of gasoline
A lot of these don't work for me now because a lot of it just isn't relevant to my age group, but everything that people my age can do in this list fits perfectly, and I'm expecting the age specific ones to come along. Well done.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
If there's anyone who can save the ISTP forum, it would have to be Michel. But somehow I doubt if he spends much time on the internet.

61 - 80 of 2748 Posts