Personality Cafe banner

81 - 100 of 2748 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
You know you're an ISTP when...

you think of something so funny you have to blurt it out, then because no one instantly responds appreciatively you beat yourself up, worry about who you've offended now and remind yourself you are truly alone in the universe, and to never say anything again.

Until the next killer line materialises

·
Registered
40 Posts
@DaveBelfast

you think of something so funny you have to blurt it out, then because no
etc etc etc

This is so damn true. I thought I was the only one having this. Good addition.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You know you're an ISTP when...

you think of something so funny you have to blurt it out, then because no one instantly responds appreciatively you beat yourself up, worry about who you've offended now and remind yourself you are truly alone in the universe, and to never say anything again.

Until the next killer line materialises
I lolled.
Usually I just get blind stares while they wonder if I was trying to be funny or if it was a serious comment (my expression doesn't really change), then they think it through and sometimes after a good few seconds, they might laugh, but usually, they just return to the blind stare they had before they started thinking.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I did that in front of an entire classroom once. The whole room fell silent; no one knew what to say or what planet they were on.

"Never say anything again" is really the best policy. I do my best to stick to it, but sometimes I fall off the wagon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You are an ISTP when you

- if you have a car, boat, motorcycle: you WILL find out its top speed.
- You get excited when there is turbulence and in fact you hope that it will turn really bad.
1st one, def true - laughed at that one
2nd one, im glad im not the only one

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think my husband is ISTP. He has these hideous cabinets and benches in the garage made out of six or seven different random pieces of old furniture. Most of his screwdrivers are tossed into the drawer where I keep my clean dishrags and he has stolen and lost every last one of my purple tools I bought to deter him from stealing. He took these from the drawer below the dish rag drawer...

·
Registered
250 Posts
After reading more of these lists I wanted to add other things about my husband that might further qualify him :)

He owns a Harley motorcycle and a el diablo with a 305, he "fixes" them constantly and I suspect he makes things up so that he can get parts.

He takes things apart that other people are afraid to, including my laptop.

He sat our backyard on fire by playing hacky sack with a flaming gas can.

He has almost died twice, once by plunging his truck into a frozen canal, and the second time in a motorcycle wreck. After he second incident the hospital staff was amazed because he walked into the er just to get checked out....He rolled his bike going sixty and had three fairly serious injuries.

He often says things that no one else in the room understands and makes jokes that make no sense. They make him laugh loudly regardless how they are taken by others :)

People do in fact call him MacGyver.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
After reading more of these lists I wanted to add other things about my husband that might further qualify him :)

He owns a Harley motorcycle and a el diablo with a 305, he "fixes" them constantly and I suspect he makes things up so that he can get parts.

He takes things apart that other people are afraid to, including my laptop.

He sat our backyard on fire by playing hacky sack with a flaming gas can.

He has almost died twice, once by plunging his truck into a frozen canal, and the second time in a motorcycle wreck. After he second incident the hospital staff was amazed because he walked into the er just to get checked out....He rolled his bike going sixty and had three fairly serious injuries.

He often says things that no one else in the room understands and makes jokes that make no sense. They make him laugh loudly regardless how they are taken by others :)

People do in fact call him MacGyver.
Hahaha, these made my laugh. The accidents probably seem less serious from his point of view. Your first post made me think he could also be INTJ, because in that regard my older brother is more ISTP than I am at times with the taking things apart, but not so much making strange objects out of junk. Then I thought ENTP for making stupid crap, then you mentioned he tells jokes no one understands... usually if you can combine an ENTP with an INTJ and an INTP you'll have an ISTP.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hahaha, these made my laugh. The accidents probably seem less serious from his point of view. Your first post made me think he could also be INTJ, because in that regard my older brother is more ISTP than I am at times with the taking things apart, but not so much making strange objects out of junk. Then I thought ENTP for making stupid crap, then you mentioned he tells jokes no one understands... usually if you can combine an ENTP with an INTJ and an INTP you'll have an ISTP.

That last sentence there...........that's interesting.........gotta think about that!

·
Registered
27 Posts
My friends an istp!! now it all makes sense!! haha, she wants a crotch rocket so she can go really fast, she likes it when scary things happen. She blushes all the time. Sometimes she says stuff and we just stare at her. She knits everything. Last time she knit me an octopus. she sewed her own grad dress, she has killer one liners, unless they flop. She HATES getting hugs, omg the list goes on and on:laughing:

·
Registered
40 Posts
My friends an istp!! now it all makes sense!! haha, she wants a crotch rocket so she can go really fast, she likes it when scary things happen. She blushes all the time. Sometimes she says stuff and we just stare at her. She knits everything. Last time she knit me an octopus. she sewed her own grad dress, she has killer one liners, unless they flop. She HATES getting hugs, omg the list goes on and on:laughing:
All good observations they are all relevant. Why do ISTP blush? I have this since very early age. I have it when I am in 1to1 with people and when I see they stare at me I start blushing.
It can be really embarrasing. I can present pretty well but once eyes are on me in a certain way....woosh...here it is again.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well if I wasn't sure of my ISTPness before reading this list I am now. I'll give it a go.

You can enjoy both classic rock and classical music.

You can't understand how ten people can cue outside a public bathroom when there's an empty one right beside it..oh wait that might have been for women, ah well.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Why do ISTP blush? I have this since very early age. I have it when I am in 1to1 with people and when I see they stare at me I start blushing.
It can be really embarrasing. I can present pretty well but once eyes are on me in a certain way....woosh...here it is again.
Yup, me too. And if I'm really trapped I actually break out into a kind of rash.

·
Registered
321 Posts
All good observations they are all relevant. Why do ISTP blush? I have this since very early age. I have it when I am in 1to1 with people and when I see they stare at me I start blushing.
I have the same problem. Glad to see i'm not the only ISTP that blushes.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Seriously. I hate it and it's always with something that isn't really embarrassing. I can say some really irreverent things without batting an eye and the most innocent thing or reaction from someone and I'll go red.

:crazy:

·
Banned
3 Posts
When you LOL while reading this topic?

a devastating one-liner, could that be one like making a joke towards a new teacher, who throws you out of class because he feels offended and then quits his job the same day ending up in a nervous breakdown?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I know ISTP and he is ISTP when he is depressed:unsure:.
When he play in computer games ,repair things not possible to repair:), talk a few hours about batteries or bulbs:proud: or know names of each plants or micro animals in the world, when You prefer to play comp. than learn to tommorow exam, but teachers love you and you get well mark:).

81 - 100 of 2748 Posts