Personality Cafe banner

101 - 120 of 2748 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I shuffle my feet and look incredibly nervous sometimes. Like that time the passport people sent me to the dmv and I was standing in line to talk to someone. I just didn't want to really talk to anyone.

My gaze has always been sort of creepy, even as a baby, like I'm looking into the soul. At least that's how my mother described it.

I like facebook, because there's no spyware like myspace and there are a ton of apps. I'm trying to make my own game using their development app.

You know you're ISTP when your revenge plans consist of a minute and a half of dramatic speaking that will ruin one person's life forever. (This guy I had an old crush on wanted me to be his best friend. Do I look like a disney character to you? I don't enjoy emotional conflict.)

When you tell someone that you're going to mess with their mind forever they don't believe you, but you immediately try to in the next sentence and it works.

When the way you argue with someone is only by being more blunt or sarcastic. (I only use this against racist people, they shake)

You enjoy listening to people's problems only when they're not talking to you.

You enjoy cuddly feeling relationships with people you conflict with via debate. (I'm a democrat and I dated a communist.)

This may just be me, but I stare and feel shocked when someone laughs at a joke I make. I'm actually kind of used to the silent staring.

(irrelevant) I don't go outside, where I live outside is hot, humid and covered in swarms of bugs spiders, and snakes, all poisonous so my interests lay inside buildings. Safe things like martial arts.

I'm never/always completely serious.

Assume the worst of people the moment I see them, because the may all be murderers, but don't really care if they are.

This may be a girl ISTP thing because good girls are in touch with their feelings, but I take a metaphorical machete to my feelings the moment I notice it shows up, pushing it into a corner and then beating it until it dies. Then I rummage through it's corpse to see what it is and why it's there. And that boys, is how you get in touch with your feelings. You should try it sometime if you're not already.

People just assume you like them when you don't, but you're like "it's weird how all four of you are thinking that same thing." (That's not what I said. It would have been too conflict-y)

I don't get back with people once I've already broken up with them. Too much residual anger.

ISTP's enjoy multitasking but hate doing mundane things. I can talk and listen at the same time. That may just be rudeness.

·
Registered
889 Posts
One liners. Oh, yeah. I've been told that I go for the jugular and that I'm funny as hell.

Eye contact. My dad forced me to learn eye contact when I was a kid. Now, I'll realize that I'm staring, start thinking about the way I'm looking at the other person, and completely miss what they're saying to me.

Michel's list. I identify with almost all of it.

Blurting things out. Not just me, eh? Sweet. My wife (INFP) always tells me, "I just can't read you sometimes" when I make what I think is an obvious joke. And she's known me for 15 years. :confused:
Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha-ha-haha! (ok, so it's a Lion King reference).

And if you store half of your tools in the kitchen where the pots and pans are supposed to be.
:confused:
I have a 33g air compressor and racing jack in my kitchen right now...and they're both dusty. :crazy:

You know you're ISTP when your revenge plans consist of a minute and a half of dramatic speaking that will ruin one person's life forever. (This guy I had an old crush on wanted me to be his best friend. Do I look like a disney character to you? I don't enjoy emotional conflict.)

When you tell someone that you're going to mess with their mind forever they don't believe you, but you immediately try to in the next sentence and it works.

When the way you argue with someone is only by being more blunt or sarcastic. (I only use this against racist people, they shake)

You enjoy listening to people's problems only when they're not talking to you.

This may be a girl ISTP thing because good girls are in touch with their feelings, but I take a metaphorical machete to my feelings the moment I notice it shows up, pushing it into a corner and then beating it until it dies. Then I rummage through it's corpse to see what it is and why it's there. And that boys, is how you get in touch with your feelings. You should try it sometime if you're not already.
Awesome.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
When you're driving through a beautiful valley and your fellow F friends are drooling over the fantastic view which you don't notice because you're undressing a cable you found hanging out of some part of the car. ;)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
When you go to a massage centre (because others convinced you into doing this) and then you spend the whole hour figuring out what is the person behind your back doing. XD

·
Registered
410 Posts
You know your an ISTP when you play vigilante.

Case in point - Neighbor was worried about a prowler in the area. I was busy patrolling around within two minutes looking for anything. The police were there about twenty minutes later. :wink:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
All good observations they are all relevant. Why do ISTP blush? I have this since very early age. I have it when I am in 1to1 with people and when I see they stare at me I start blushing.
It can be really embarrasing. I can present pretty well but once eyes are on me in a certain way....woosh...here it is again.
Interesting. I blush whenever I'm remotely hot, or feeling any emotion whatsoever.

·
Registered
603 Posts
He gets totally pumped when a couple guys want to fight him.

He likes being a punk.

He rarely smiles with his teeth but sometimes he can't help it (after I've said something strange, usually).

He indeed has a hot, dark and mysterious stare.

He calls people miss and sir and ma'am.

He wants to fix our car radio.

He gets HYPER when he is tired lol.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
He likes being a punk (i.e. jerk).

He rarely smiles with his teeth but sometimes he can't help it

He calls people miss and sir and ma'am.

He gets HYPER when he is tired lol.
I do this, too.

Reactions: cbelle

·
Registered
338 Posts
You know your a female ISTP when your mother says that one day she's going to wake up with you a son. And sent you to an all girls school due to fears you were a future lesbian. And regularly accuses you of being manly, even though you have long blonde hair, live in dresses, work in a female occupation and are going to do quite a girly degree.

·
Registered
410 Posts
1) You know your are an ISTP when you can trust yourself more than you can trust others.

2) When number 1 is a result of your frustration with other people's incompetence.

101 - 120 of 2748 Posts