Personality Cafe banner

1861 - 1880 of 2748 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
You know you're an ISTP when...
  • Bullet points are more efficient in conveying information.
  • You'd prefer to learn things, as well as do them, by yourself.
  • It's easier to learn something by using it and seeing how it works based on what it does.
  • People ponder such questions as "what is people", "is there free will", and "how can reality be defined", and you just roll your eyes because such abstract qualities make no difference.
  • People ask you "are you alright" claiming you look sad, and you just want them to shut up and go away so you can think.
  • "Embarrassment" is a foreign concept to you, since you aren't easily swayed by popular opinion.
  • You hardly ever cry while watching a movie or reading a book, regardless of how emotionally affecting people find it.
  • Incoherent thoughts bother you.
  • The religious emphasise "faith", and you don't care. If it can be proved without evidence, it can be disproved without evidence.
  • You give up on debating theology with those obnoxious street evangelists, and just want to punch the next one who preaches to me in the face.
  • You don't think babies are cute, and think of them as brats who shit themselves and cry a lot.
  • You're described as "caring" and "empathetic", and want to throw up inside even if these things aren't always a bad thing.
  • You're competent at many things, but never phenomenal at any of them.
  • If you're asked what superpowers you'd have, you'd say "a genie" just because there's a huge troll inside you who wants to wreck havoc when people wish for really dumb or nasty things.
  • And also paradoxically thinking how nice it would be to do good in a practical way when people wish for good things.

·
Registered
230 Posts
- Things never move fast enough.
- You struggle to find ideas for this thread, because they've either already been said, or you think they're self-evident.
- What you see is what you get, sort of. The gears are always turning inside.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
- Things never move fast enough.
- You struggle to find ideas for this thread, because they've either already been said, or you think they're self-evident.
- What you see is what you get, sort of. The gears are always turning inside.
So true, especially the last one

·
Banned
4,143 Posts
You know you're an ISTP when...
  • Bullet points are more efficient in conveying information.
  • You'd prefer to learn things, as well as do them, by yourself.
  • It's easier to learn something by using it and seeing how it works based on what it does.
  • People ponder such questions as "what is people", "is there free will", and "how can reality be defined", and you just roll your eyes because such abstract qualities make no difference.
  • People ask you "are you alright" claiming you look sad, and you just want them to shut up and go away so you can think.
  • "Embarrassment" is a foreign concept to you, since you aren't easily swayed by popular opinion.
  • You hardly ever cry while watching a movie or reading a book, regardless of how emotionally affecting people find it.
  • Incoherent thoughts bother you.
  • The religious emphasise "faith", and you don't care. If it can be proved without evidence, it can be disproved without evidence.
  • You give up on debating theology with those obnoxious street evangelists, and just want to punch the next one who preaches to me in the face.
  • You don't think babies are cute, and think of them as brats who shit themselves and cry a lot.
  • You're described as "caring" and "empathetic", and want to throw up inside even if these things aren't always a bad thing.
  • You're competent at many things, but never phenomenal at any of them.
  • If you're asked what superpowers you'd have, you'd say "a genie" just because there's a huge troll inside you who wants to wreck havoc when people wish for really dumb or nasty things.
  • And also paradoxically thinking how nice it would be to do good in a practical way when people wish for good things.
'why can't you just TELL me what to do?' 'I don't know, I have to play with it a bit before I know it myself' My mother and me, every time I help her doing something on the computer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
omg chur bleeding , (istp awnsers ) i aint got time to bleed , no im not/just a scratch/its a fleshwound .

( one liners often borrowd from movies ) get to da choppa ^^ chu one ugly motherfucker , stick around benneth , see chu at the party richta ect. ^^

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
When your in a room full of people, and within a couple minutes you've worked out who you like or don't, and an escape route and how your going to kill every fucker in the room lol.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
'why can't you just TELL me what to do?' 'I don't know, I have to play with it a bit before I know it myself' My mother and me, every time I help her doing something on the computer.
This also relates closely to "Where is the *****?" The answer? "Uuuuh, I'll go get it for you." "Why can't you just tell me if you know where it is?" .... "I DON'T know where it is, I just know I can find it faster than you." "Remind me why I let you organize the house?" "Hmmm ... stupid male/female stereotypical roles maybe? You're free to reorganize, I don't really care either way." *As I run from room to room until I spot it.* "See? It was in PLAIN sight!" (With only the edge of it showing but comeon anyone would have seen it there)

·
Registered
81 Posts
As an ISFP I truly identify with these...ESPECIALLY the spatial awareness one. I wonder how much this is beyond ISTP and more about being an SP...
I have a weak NT, feeling like an amalgamation of INTP, ISTP, and ISFP (artistic bent and better with feelings). It's noticeable when I go grocery shopping. I'm hyper aware of my positioning in an aisle and move really fast. I just want to get in and out, and people suck at being smart about their movements and positioning, turning into a cluster-f***. They'll move at a snail's pace in the middle where I can't get around them or hog up space looking at crap. I don't know if that's SP, but I try to be very efficient when moving around a grocery store and don't understand the turds clogging lanes that don't have to be. I'm also very aware if someone is trying to look at something on a shelf where my cart is beside me; I try to move it before they have to ask.

I'm pretty terse, mother calling me the man of few words.

·
Registered
109 Posts
hm I was wondering, ISTP's learn by doing / using things. Does that exclude the possibility of learning by seeing. As in monkey sees, monkey does. I always was great at copying things. I might even learn more from that than doing / using, since it takes too long for me to figure it out.

·
Registered
9,929 Posts
After typing several times as an INTP and originally going to their section only to be scratching my head at many things they reference there.

My first clue maybe should have been when I was lecturing INTPs about better developing their Se/Fe when they had threads about melancholy or being hopelessly socially inept. (And here I thought I was such an evolved INTP, lol turns out I am a very un-evolved ISTP. makes me laugh what a dumbass I am sometimes).

·
Registered
9,929 Posts
hm I was wondering, ISTP's learn by doing / using things. Does that exclude the possibility of learning by seeing. As in monkey sees, monkey does. I always was great at copying things. I might even learn more from that than doing / using, since it takes too long for me to figure it out.
Thinking like you tube tutorials

·
Registered
11 Posts
- Your thought process when your about to do something dangerous( like a big jump on a bike or snowmobile) is " I got this, I can do it, wait can I do this? Well let's see."
- Someone at school was convinced for two weeks you were high even though you've never done drugs in your life.
- Your convinced studying is impossible because you can't do it for more than 10 minutes without breaks but can reasearch some random thing for hours.
- You play five finger fillet with a real knife and are actually good at it.
- You have struck fear into the depths of people's soul with two words then are perfectly cool again 10 seconds later because they did what you asked leaving them baffled for the next hour.
- "The Outsiders" by Erich church seems like it was wrote about you.
- When your teacher give a you a paper at the beginning of the year to fill out and one of the things is tell me something I should know about you you put "I have really messy writing" in really messy writing.
-You've built a steerable snowmobile with a track that moves out of Lego withought instructions then look over to see what your friend built and there is just a small tower.

A few of these have probably aleady been said (or at least the same idea) but I'm new here and haven't read the whole thing.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
After typing several times as an INTP and originally going to their section only to be scratching my head at many things they reference there.

My first clue maybe should have been when I was lecturing INTPs about better developing their Se/Fe when they had threads about melancholy or being hopelessly socially inept. (And here I thought I was such an evolved INTP, lol turns out I am a very un-evolved ISTP. makes me laugh what a dumbass I am sometimes).
Yayyy! I'm not the only dumbass

·
Registered
109 Posts
When you look at "society" and think that the majority should be taken outside and shot :dry: :wink:

People called me heartless for this, it would be most efficient though. People don't want to be helped apparently.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
People called me heartless for this, it would be most efficient though. People don't want to be helped apparently.
People that know me, are now used to me saying things like that, they now know its pointless even saying anything to me, as I will just ignore them. But then again I'm not being deadly serious.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
lol yes. It's not anyone specific. It's more like "The idiots out there" Although I could think of a few specifics ... but that's just me.
:looks:

Are u serious?? Who would you shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll have your dinner ready for when you get in :tongue:..... joking of course.

1861 - 1880 of 2748 Posts