Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You Know your Inferior Fe Lashes out Irrationally When . . .

When that close friend or family member complains for the 10th time how you never have any emotions or stress and you proceed to forcefully correct them of their error by suddenly venting everything you've been keeping to yourself.

They are left utterly stupefied while you now begin to reassert emotional control and somewhat more calmly explain AGAIN that just because INTPs tend not to share our emotions or stress that doesn't mean we don't have them. And that maybe just maybe we know you have your own crap to deal with and we don't want to burden you with our own crap because we certainly don't want to hear yours!

As your attention begins to drift and you once again recede into the depths of your mind imaging yourself on the hot sands of Tatooine overlooking the twin suns, you think to yourself why can't everyone just deal with their own crap then the world would be all sunshine and rainbows.

On second thought . . . probably not . . .

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
or deranged sacrifical games in which relatives and other associates tend to highlight just how much of a dumbarse you were for even considering them in the first place... shiny things first, everything else after.

·
Warden-Commander
24,113 Posts
The spelling error in the title... Can't unsee it...

·
Registered
793 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The spelling error in the title... Can't unsee it...
Haha my apologizes, it all sounds the same to me in my mind so when my hands go to type and I'm in a hurry, I just never know if the correct word will come out. I usually check, but I didn't in this case. But I fixed the sub title at least, I don't know why it doesn't change the main title too but oh well. If it makes you feel better, I'm suffering too haha.

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
When someone mistakes my quietness for shyness
When they then accordingly conclude that I'm shy, which means they can say anything they want to me and I'll take it
I won't

Or being called a robot by someone whom I myself consider emotionally blunt and unrefined. That's a quick way to get a reaction out of me.

And yes. Busting a Fe shitstorm on someone who's pretty much begging for it.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
This is actually almost exactly how others found out I have depression after over ten years of battling it (I am just that good at bottling up & hiding emotions).
It was some stupid fight with my brother and he may have made a comment along the lines of how I really didn't have it as bad as I thought. I snapped, almost every thing I have ever had to deal with came pouring at.
Of course I immediately regretted it, tried to convince him to not tell anyone but for obvious reasons he was concerned and let my parents know. This was roughly 2005.
I still have issues with letting others know when I am feeling at my lowest. Thankfully my spouse is starting to recognize my behavior when I am and over time I have become comfortable enough to say to him "I'm not at a good place right now" versus my typical "please just fuck off, I don't want to be bothered". The best part is that he is just there for me, he doesn't feel the need to ever give some stupid motivational speech or to give me unsolicited advice on how simple it is to feel better. He also doesn't try to figure out the why, because there rarely is a why.
There is still a few things I have never told a soul but I'm making my way to opening up because it is the next logical step in helping myself.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
When you get to the point where you wish genocide would happen upon the entire planet, or wonder how much better life would be without humanity screwing up the planet due to daily interactions with tons of people. Or just passively watching people while wondering how they managed to live for so long without accidentally offing themselves.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
When you get to the point where you wish genocide would happen upon the entire planet, or wonder how much better life would be without humanity screwing up the planet due to daily interactions with tons of people. Or just passively watching people while wondering how they managed to live for so long without accidentally offing themselves.
And the jagged, shattered edges always come back.. for the proverbial you... don't they?

We're already walking in wonderland, of cinders and ash. . .

the world freeze frame, outlines on sidewalks and walls... bones, preserved flesh... all captured in a single moment without time to think; horror and revely looks the same.

I already see it as dead... a shrug of the shoulders to it. out of sync, a step out of time, a world in peripheral view

another nepal, another pompeii.. scrawling our histories, hidden passages in the walls of tenements... they never bother to paint the other side with their layers upon layers of stains against the grain...

... it's why they don't care, either... why they don't care fo ranything but the here and now. And never wonder about the last piece of cake until its too late -- even if they get it first, apologize as an afterthought. (is it more of a morning for the savages or foals?)

preservation... self isn't something fully grasped, the surrounding bits are more in question...

untangling a ball of cords, one would rather cut through..

but I was thinking more of speaker wires than strings of holiday lights.

everything feel slike death ( a comment people won't get ... whether those ready to lay down and die to those grasping at their chest, clenching with the force of murder.. for just a little more time.)

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
This is actually almost exactly how others found out I have depression after over ten years of battling it (I am just that good at bottling up & hiding emotions).
It was some stupid fight with my brother and he may have made a comment along the lines of how I really didn't have it as bad as I thought. I snapped, almost every thing I have ever had to deal with came pouring at.
Of course I immediately regretted it, tried to convince him to not tell anyone but for obvious reasons he was concerned and let my parents know. This was roughly 2005.
I still have issues with letting others know when I am feeling at my lowest. Thankfully my spouse is starting to recognize my behavior when I am and over time I have become comfortable enough to say to him "I'm not at a good place right now" versus my typical "please just fuck off, I don't want to be bothered". The best part is that he is just there for me, he doesn't feel the need to ever give some stupid motivational speech or to give me unsolicited advice on how simple it is to feel better. He also doesn't try to figure out the why, because there rarely is a why.
There is still a few things I have never told a soul but I'm making my way to opening up because it is the next logical step in helping myself.
someone suffering from depression, I have had a similar experience with a family member, and everything came pouring out as you said. it just tore the whole family apart, I can get how shit it can feel. I really didn't see it coming .

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Or if the whole world was consumed by a huge natural disaster, and the only thing left...
Arizona bay

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
someone suffering from depression, I have had a similar experience with a family member, and everything came pouring out as you said. it just tore the whole family apart, I can get how shit it can feel. I really didn't see it coming .
Well, mental illness is actually quite common in my family. Even my Grandmother dealt with anxiety and depression.
My mom, dad and brother are all diagnosed with different things. I have a few different things I deal with.
So, while it was a shock because I hid it so well, it didn't really change anything.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Well, mental illness is actually quite common in my family. Even my Grandmother dealt with anxiety and depression.
My mom, dad and brother are all diagnosed with different things. I have a few different things I deal with.
So, while it was a shock because I hid it so well, it didn't really change anything.
oh no i'm not saying it changed anything either, that's just the impact it had on my family at the time. it was just so sudden and abrupt on my part, and way too cold. We are a happy family regardless :3

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
oh no i'm not saying it changed anything either, that's just the impact it had on my family at the time. it was just so sudden and abrupt on my part, and way too cold. We are a happy family regardless :3
Ahh okay! Yeah, same here. It really took everyone by surprise, it shut my brother up pretty quickly when I blurted it all out.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
From an outside perspective, the Fe tantrums are absolutely hilarious. And mildly endearing depending on the INTP in question. It's kinda like watching Obama break down in the middle of the State of the Union would be.

Of course, if the INTP is being annoying, then it's even more hilarious :wink: and kind of terrifying. This one INTP I knew was being a dickish friend for some reason for quite awhile, so one day I just teased him until he burst. Mostly amusing, yet slightly terrifying. Probably got me the INTP version of a doorslam and definitely ended our friendship, but it was worth it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This one INTP I knew was being a dickish friend for some reason for quite awhile, so one day I just teased him until he burst. Mostly amusing, yet slightly terrifying. Probably got me the INTP version of a doorslam and definitely ended our friendship, but it was worth it.
I hate being teased over the line. I can take a lot of teasing when it's all in good fun. But most ENTJ's I've met just like to have a punching bag and we INTP's are easy prey. I haven't cared enough to give this particular type the amusement of a tantrum. In the past I've just left without a word, cutting them out of my life as easy as they always seem to come into it (which is rare for INTP's).

It's a little hard to ignore them after you've cut them out of your life, though. They can get very pissed, demanding answers, reasons, etc. and won't stop until they get them. Like fucking freight trains to the emotional soul. Anyway, it's not nearly as impossible to ignore them as they may think. All you have to do is step out of the way.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.