Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some traits a person can exhibit that definitely cross 7 off the list of possible enneatypes?

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,253 Posts
~ Living in the past
~ Lacking interest in new ideas
~ Lacking interest in new experience
~ Having a strong sense of duty
~ Being pessimistic

Then again, these can all become true at low health or high stress.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you know you're NOT a 7 if
- the military appeals to you (for any reason other than financial desperation)
- you think there is a right way to do everything
- you struggle with strong emotions
- you routinely put others before yourself
- thinking about what you want feels unnatural to you

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
~ Being pessimistic
That's why I thought I couldn't be a 7, though...everyone tells me how dark and pessimistic I am. As you point out, I was under less-than-ideal circumstances, however. (Just thinking out loud here).

That's one I'll have to partially disagree with. I've always liked military stuff--not necessarily that I'd want to join the army, but army surplus stores, stories of combat, epic war paintings, etc.

I do remember, though, at one point I tried to tell my mom I'd join the army, and she said, "No, you're too free-spirited and idealistic." I was like, "Come on! I'd make the world's most awesome soldier!" Mom just rolled her eyes. Guess she was right.

My contribution (feel free comment or correct me if you have an opposing view!)
--you want to devote your life to childcare
--you enjoy staying in the same place
--doing things in the same way, at the same time, every day is a source of comfort, and you refuse to welcome change or improvements.
--you feel like cleaning up after yourself is better than starting/doing the project itself
--it's normal for you to get into moods that last days

*Some of that stuff is related to being a Perceiver, I know.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
- you think there is a right way to do everything
- you struggle with strong emotions
- you routinely put others before yourself
- thinking about what you want feels unnatural to you
lol, that's the exact and only reason I'm considering it... I mean, devoting your life to other people telling you what to do... all the time... EEK!

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, that's the exact and only reason I'm considering it... I mean, devoting your life to other people telling you what to do... all the time... EEK!
don't do it. 7w8 Sp/Sx is all I need to know about you to know that you'd HATE it XD

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
7's don't seem to get depressed or show it as much. They deal with dissapointments in life in a both healthy yet unhealthy way. They are smart to make themselves busy and keep on trucking, but at the same time some seem unable to learn from past mistakes and lack introspection which staggers their growth. The "fuck it, I'm going to enjoy life anyway" impedes on self reflection. While being with 7s is always enjoyable it can be pretty annoying when they can't accept that some of their poor judgment led them to the poor predicament they are in. They are my "fun" friends, but if I'm feeling down I do not go to them for advice! Especially if they also happen to be ESFPs or ENTPs. They don't mind that either, in fact, they steer clear from people who are depressed bc they are such bummers and ruining all the fun!
Although, they can be great at making you laugh and making you feel better by living more in the present. I love goofing off with 7's, we will often end up laughing so hard we will be in tears. I think both personalities could actually learn a great deal from each other. 7's though are quick to defense if you point out where they made a mistake, while my type can become disgusted with their lack of insight and selfishness.

(I am talking about 7s I know in real life, I know there are many who do not have the vices I was describing before)

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
7's don't seem to get depressed or show it as much. They deal with dissapointments in life in a both healthy yet unhealthy way. They are smart to make themselves busy and keep on trucking, but at the same time some seem unable to learn from past mistakes and lack introspection which staggers their growth. The "fuck it, I'm going to enjoy life anyway" impedes on self reflection. While being with 7s is always enjoyable it can be pretty annoying when they can't accept that some of their poor judgment led them to the poor predicament they are in. They are my "fun" friends, but if I'm feeling down I do not go to them for advice! Especially if they also happen to be ESFPs or ENTPs. They don't mind that either, in fact, they steer clear from people who are depressed bc they are such bummers and ruining all the fun!
Although, they can be great at making you laugh and making you feel better by living more in the present. I love goofing off with 7's, we will often end up laughing so hard we will be in tears. I think both personalities could actually learn a great deal from each other. 7's though are quick to defense if you point out where they made a mistake, while my type can become disgusted with their lack of insight and selfishness.

(I am talking about 7s I know in real life, I know there are many who do not have the vices I was describing before)
when 7s do get depressed, it's more of a "void" sort of feeling than the more intense feelings of sorrow most types experience when depressed.
also, 7w8s who are under stress can become quite pessimistic and critical (mostly of others) not wanting anything to do with people who don't entertain them (I confess I am this way myself at present. people are simply a source of intellectual stimulation for me at the moment and I get annoyed with other people as I don't consider them worth my time. I am misanthropic and mostly view people at obstacles in the way of me desperately trying to enjoy myself and escape my problems)

·
Registered
20 Posts
In particular, 7's would never:

* Try to control anyone else, except as a training aid
* To help them develop their own independence
* and/or minimal sense of self control​
* Give up the chance to travel to Kathmandu
* Submit to arbitrary authority
* Get thrown into jail (unless it's part of a planned adventure)
* Judge anyone else, lest ye be judged

Now my own particular sub-breed (748) has some more unusual characteristics I think...

·
Registered
3,338 Posts

Now my own particular sub-breed (748) has some more unusual characteristics I think...
I agree with everything except judging. I know quite a lot of 7s, and they do judge. Especially if they feel attacked or if someone is :gasp: boring or a buzz kill.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
You know you're not a seven when:

• you enjoy wallowing in negative emotions and want to prolong the feeling and explore them in depth
  • you have a compulsive need to adhere to a routine and follow it day in and day out
  • you are content with the status quo
  • you enjoy the company of closed minded, negative people

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know you're not a seven when:

• you enjoy wallowing in negative emotions and want to prolong the feeling and explore them in depth
  • you have a compulsive need to adhere to a routine and follow it day in and day out
  • you are content with the status quo
  • you enjoy the company of closed minded, negative people
all true except that in regards to the first one, the negative emotions just aren't their to begin with. as ridiculous as it sounds, I've tried to feel more negative emotions before, after witnessing other people experience them intensely and thought "that looks exciting and dramatic!" but alas, they just aren't there.
you know you're either a 7 or a 5 when you spend a lot of time thinking about emotions but seldom actually feel them :laughing:

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

clearly you've never met a 7 disintegrated to 1. we can get judgmental as hell

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
~ Living in the past
~ Lacking interest in new ideas
~ Lacking interest in new experience
~ Having a strong sense of duty
~ Being pessimistic

Then again, these can all become true at low health or high stress.
I might be a 7 then ;) :3

I do have a little chicken wing 7 attached to my 6 .. must be really strong then ;) :p

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
You know you're not a Seven when:

1. Your dream job description contains the verb "serve" in first person singular. "Serve myself" doesn't count.
2. You think that most people nowadays are too immature, irresponsible and reckless. Bonus points if you think that everything was better in the past.
3. Your hobbies and habits haven't changed in last 20 years. Especially if you're under 30.
4. You think that "predictable" is a compliment.
5. You never tell offensive jokes.
6. Your biggest dream is to spend the rest of your life in a monastery. For reason other than turning nuns and monks into your personal sex slaves, that is.

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,253 Posts
I might be a 7 then ;) :3

I do have a little chicken wing 7 attached to my 6 .. must be really strong then ;) :p
A => not(B) does not mean not(B) => A ^_~

1 - 20 of 52 Posts