Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"You see the world not as it is, but as you are."

To what extent do you fellow INFPs agree or disagree with this quote?

I have personally found this to be very true, perhaps largely due to leading with Fi in life. During my climb out of depression I found my perception of the world significantly change. Songwriting in particular helped me express and feel my emotions in its fullness and become healthy again. It were as if my perception of the world changed not only because of the newly gained perspectives, but also because it feels like the very lens through which I see the world becomes brighter and cleaner. Being able to experience emotions fully without suppressing them subconsciously, and at the same time being more objective, grounded, and accepting of facts by detaching my emotions from them, those which might've previously greatly upset me in some way.

·
Banned
1,338 Posts
"You see the world not as it is, but as you are."

To what extent do you fellow INFPs agree or disagree with this quote?

I have personally found this to be very true, perhaps largely due to leading with Fi in life. During my climb out of depression I found my perception of the world significantly change. Songwriting in particular helped me express and feel my emotions in its fullness and become healthy again. It were as if my perception of the world changed not only because of the newly gained perspectives, but also because it feels like the very lens through which I see the world becomes brighter and cleaner. Being able to experience emotions fully without suppressing them subconsciously, and at the same time being more objective, grounded, and accepting of facts by detaching my emotions from them, those which might've previously greatly upset me in some way.
I always get this "I'm always changing" thing here. But we can't stop time--and don't you believe you have an essence anyway?

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always get this "I'm always changing" thing here. But we can't stop time--and don't you believe you have an essence anyway?
I do believe we all have a never-changing essence to us, whatever you may call it; the observer, the soul. But life itself is always changing and evolving, it's practically change or die. Within 5 years time all the atoms that currently make up our bodies will have been replaced.

·
Banned
1,338 Posts
I do believe we all have a never-changing essence to us, whatever you may call it; the observer, the soul. But life itself is always changing and evolving, it's practically change or die. Within 5 years time all the atoms that currently make up our bodies will have been replaced.
The neurons in your brain don't regenerate...

·
Registered
642 Posts
I prefer to see the world not as it is, nor as I am (because I'm quite depressed), but as it can be. And that's the calling card of genuine idealism - as long as I remember what can be, I don't have to strain myself to envision the best possible future.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I prefer to see the world not as it is, nor as I am (because I'm quite depressed), but as it can be. And that's the calling card of genuine idealism - as long as I remember what can be, I don't have to strain myself to envision the best possible future.
I have a tendency for this too, though I think INFJs and INTJs are most natural to have detailed future visions. For me it's most natural to dive into my past hurts and blessings, and then often Ne starts exploring the best possible futures for me, or at the least the best possible future for my world and everything in it. That might be a little bit more selfish, but the best possible future for the entire world isn't being entertained as much in my imagination, it's more personal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts