Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my questionnaire, have fun typing, if you are so inclined.

Main Questions
1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
a)Whatever captures my fleeting curiosity, and recently, wanting to have money so I can stop being a poor college student. This didn't really trouble me before.

b)I look for opportunities to share what I know and hopefully get the same in return. It doesn't happen often so I tend to capsize the ship in my eagerness to learn. People read it as intensity and that makes them afraid of me. :\

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I hope to find a profession that allows me to teach without having to deal with bureaucracy too much(I know how unrealistic that is, but its the best I've got so far).

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
a) I hope to avoid alienating myself too far/not far enough from society. I hope to avoid being someone driven completely by material progress.

b) I value honesty and sincerity first and foremost, intelligence and decency second.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Uh..... dying and losing my mind. So I suppose that equates to a big fear of having no control over a situation, which is a pretty common fear. I fear dying because the facade of civilization has worn on me. I guess. I don't really know.
My fear of losing my mind comes from my ability to go too far past my ego's boundaries as far as existential and nihilistic ideas. It feels like a vacant schizophrenia; where I have the thoughts but I know they are wrong and dangerous. But I can't help but think that the more and more I get used to them, the more they will slip into my normal thought processes. That's scary.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
a) I want others to see me as a compatriot. I'm rarely if ever rude to someone who extends the same basic courtesy to me, but I come off as judgemental and stubborn. In a certain light, these things are true about me, but more along the lines of I judge in order to come to a conclusion about the topic at hand and I'm stubborn because I think along very rigidly logical lines when discussing ideas that others see as mal intent. This is not at all the case.

b) I see myself as a pretty benign person, just trying to get to the truth, sans emotion.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
a) I feel my best at moments of sudden realization(aha moments), and when in the company of close friends/SO whom I'm able to laugh and joke with in a condescending but hilarious way or do stupid and irresponsible shit.

b) I feel my worst when I've told my full and honest opinion on something and it is rejected or makes somebody feel like crap. Even when I tailor it with euphemisms galore. Also, when I have to ask my parents for money :p
7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) My anger is pretty easy to stir up but never reaches a serious level, and dissipates once I've gotten the energy out mentally(after plotting the person's demise but never really doing anything) or physically(meaning exercise, going for a drive, and punching cardboard lol, never violence against another person. I just can't hate anyone enough to be violent).

b) Shame comes to me when I fail in a major life area(school,friends,family,etc). I also feel ashamed for other people who behave in a “proletarian” manner. That's the only word I can think of to describe it right now.

c) I react to anxiety with fear most of the time. I have problems with anxiety. It's pretty much always with me and stops me from doing a lot of things.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) I react to stress with anxiety and can't get the object of stress off my mind until the event surrounding it is completed satisfactorily. Sometimes I can get it off my mind, but that's usually drug-induced lol.

b) Unexpected change hits me like a ton of bricks and I become a zombie in its grasp. Kind of like light shock or something. My ability to cope with things doesn't suffer but there is a strong desire to slip into a fog.

c) Conflict is the height of my being haha. I challenge with ferociousness, am struck by anxiety to the point where I get sparks of fear all over my body, and all of my actions and body language scream survival mode, but I keep an ordered mind and usually come out of verbal confrontation with tons of things to think about and one more person who is too scared out of their mind to talk to me.

Overall, my emotions are my weakest side and don't really reflect well on me.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) The two are one in the same. Authority is a benefit of power, and power creates inherent authority. I don't really pay much attention to any authority short of a weaponized agent of authority, whether a police officer or a gang member. I give authority the benefit of the doubt, trying to see how their plans benefit me, and if I determine that there is something about the request that is arbitrary, I will not follow that part of the request.

b) Power is the evil that keeps our world spinning. Power is order. So, power is a necessary evil, up to a certain point. Power used arbitrarily or with ill understanding of its nature is one of the world's greatest problems.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

People do not question themselves often enough. I am going through a pretty big transition in worldview right now. I used to have a pretty naïve understanding of the world, and of course, I still do, but my education is forcing me to change things.

But I have to force myself to say anything about the world, because ultimately, there is no true objectivity in the universe. I try to temper myself as much as possible when thinking about big problems.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Type 5w6, I see you already know this. Type 5's live to know. You're indeed likely an INTP.

Reactions: tangosthenes

·
Registered
718 Posts
Cheeky, I like it.
I close my eyes, tap my feet together and off the row.
Hello, Mister.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts