Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been on PerC just looking and learning about MBTI, since January. i just decided to go ahead and make a profile finally.

lately I've been extremely aware of myself with the help of MBTI. i am and always have been for the most part extremely go with the flow kind of person,extremely perceptive; rooms always a mess, sometimes late for work, always late for class . now that i'm 19 years old,i am seeking some structure. because my life is all over the place. once before i did have complete control when i first lost like 40 pounds i would jog every mourning and night; lift weights Mon-Thursday had meals all set up on Sunday. and my bedroom was spotless. and i was a failing senior at the time and managed to graduate with a 2.8 from a 1.9 the previous year. i was so self discipline i considered going into the marines, thank god my mom and father talked some sense into me.

i assume this was a spike in judgement, or i just did what i had to do. my question is how do i raise my judgement levels? when did you notice yourself becoming comfortable with routine and discipline. i wanna learn how to a little more focus, because i never ever seem to get much anything done. i'll get fed up turn everything around and then 2 weeks later i find myself in the same shithole. any advise for a young ENTP.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ha. That situation seems so familiar... when I was a junior/senior in high school, I did IB classes and also considered joining the military. At the time, it seemed as though I was finally accepting the role of routine into my life, but in retrospect I was simply going through another phase.

I've never been comfortable with routines and/or schedules, and I don't imagine I ever will be. I test, like, 100% "P."

That being said, I do recognize the value of them, I just can't seem to enjoy them. I have to basically tell myself that I'm just gonna be "another stereotypical ENTP" who seems lazy and unmotivated if I don't incorporate at least a bit of routine into my life. I hate being perceived as any stereotype... so that does it, sometimes.

My solution is to hopefully end up with a "J" and cross my fingers that he'll find my "P" charming and whimsical rather than slothy and unproductive.

:happy:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hey guys I've been on PerC just looking and learning about MBTI, since January. i just decided to go ahead and make a profile finally.

lately I've been extremely aware of myself with the help of MBTI. i am and always have been for the most part extremely go with the flow kind of person,extremely perceptive; rooms always a mess, sometimes late for work, always late for class . now that i'm 19 years old,i am seeking some structure. because my life is all over the place. once before i did have complete control when i first lost like 40 pounds i would jog every mourning and night; lift weights Mon-Thursday had meals all set up on Sunday. and my bedroom was spotless. and i was a failing senior at the time and managed to graduate with a 2.8 from a 1.9 the previous year. i was so self discipline i considered going into the marines, thank god my mom and father talked some sense into me.

i assume this was a spike in judgement, or i just did what i had to do. my question is how do i raise my judgement levels? when did you notice yourself becoming comfortable with routine and discipline. i wanna learn how to a little more focus, because i never ever seem to get much anything done. i'll get fed up turn everything around and then 2 weeks later i find myself in the same shithole. any advise for a young ENTP.
You know what, sigh. Here, Here, and Here. Here and Here :/ Okie.

There are a lot of cool things out there to help you out. I remember reading texts on economic psychology while I was taking Political International Economics, and realized just how much N is at a disadvantage in our economies. For example, in workplaces, no matter what, with S's, my intuitive approach makes me perceived lazy or aloof. My advice would be to accept the perceived laziness as a constant threshold, don't ever react to it, it's not worth it. For example, my--I'll earn another degree just to show them, then law school--reaction to perceived laziness of my ESTJ step father was really immature. Now I'm just in a lot of debt, and he still doesn't get it, I'm still awfully abstract and hard to understand, not to mention how many more horrifying Sensing-perceived lazy situations I then created by going through my undergrad. Just be yourself, accept the social thresholds that you may have to suffer with your type, and go from there. This has helped both me, and my ENTP partner. Finding some of us J's might also help to balance things out, you also learn a lot by dating someone of a different J/P.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the respond! i know that ill never be a complete "tight ass", I've been laid back since birth but i think its for me to learn how make things happen because i wanna be successful and run my own business. i do know i cant do this on my own so im going to need the help of some J's. in reality im not lazy I've seen worst i hate people who sit on their ass and complain about this and that. i guess what i want to know is how to make things happen and be more of a "Go Getter"

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mind over matter, man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts