Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

You and your cast of 5 other INFPs are shipwrecked (original, I know) on an unknown tropical island. Your group will face many challenges including potential starvation, devastating hurricanes, the threat of dangerous animals, potential illness or injuries, and a mysteriously violent, but primitive tribe that will attack on sight. The only items you have available to you are the clothes on your back and the basic products of the Earth that are on the island.

Task
- Pick 5 other INFPs from this site that you think will help aid in the survival of your group
- Offer a description of why you picked them and what you believe they can provide to your group.
- If you wish, tell me us how you think your group will behave and why you think it will survive.
- Have fun, be creative~

This isn't a popularity contest, this isn't necessarily about picking friends, and this isn't about picking people just because they picked you. Even if you're a casual poster you should be able to grasp some of the personality types on here and make an intuitive guess on the people that will strengthen your team. Remember, group dynamics are important.

Things to consider
- Beware of having too many Chefs in the kitchen -- too many leadership types or strong minded individuals, may clash.
- Mental fortitude during these dire times are crucial. Be wary of people who may "give up" or may become demoralizing to your group. Alternatively, you -may- want to consider adding people with nurturing personalities.
- While you may adopt a vegan approach to diet, you will likely need people who are capable of killing or, at the least, capable of protecting your group from being killed by any threats.
- Book smarts, while important, do not necessarily equal survival skills.
- Try to cover all your bases in terms of people capable of aiding in food, shelter, labor, medical needs, sexual healing, etc.
- Consider your groups intent and get like-minded individuals. Will you be evasive of threats? Will you try to overtake the current tribesmen? Something else?
- Very important that you think your group can get along in the long term. People that work well with you may not work with each other.

If you need background music

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My typical hide post #2 post

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
''sexual healing'' HAHAHAH

Uhm.......

I have faith in myself, I'd probably face tragedy with a kind of spiritual patience.

5 other INFP's;

1. Rowingineden - Because she's tough, she'll scare any potential enemies away
2. Lad - Because he's good in giving pep talks and might have a good sense of direction from his instincts (not sure about the 'sense of direction' part entirely though haha)
3. Matchbook- Because he can be amazingly analytical
4. Nova - Because she can overlook ego and pass judgments that are good for everyone
5. Roze - Because he's very wise for his age and he can toughen up to stop people from crying + concentrate on the tasks at hand

I'll come up with elaborative descriptions if I can think of any :crazy:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Btw can't I pick more than 5? :dry:

I wanted to include;

SenhorFrio - Because he is a very good level headed counsellor who can counsel people who are still traumatized.
Sarek & Faeriegal713- Because I am aware of their spiritual strength.

And I want to include any INFP who's very good in medicinal and scientific aspects (which is important btw) but I can't think of any :crazy:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
faeriegal713 - military training and psych nursing expertise. Good heart and probably the most nurturing side of the group. I think she has a gentle personality that helps cultivate growth of the ideas in other people. Also, when push comes to shove I think she'll buckle down, subdue that gentle side, and do what's necessary to survive. With that in mind, I think she can swap between a flower and a cougar.

SweetieDee - in my eyes, this girl epitomizes strong independent woman. To tackle the world as a successful entrepreneur suggests someone who is willing to take chances and is likely to come out on top. I think she can offer the group tremendous oversight and leadership abilities, but I don't foresee her being dogmatic or a problem causer. If Fae's the type that helps existing ideas come to fruition, Sweetie would be the one that expands existing ones or creates entirely new ideas.

gloosle - this guy comes off as a "best friend" type. He'll be fiercely loyal and protective of the rest of the group. I think he's a bit of the bear with a bit of an itch for adventure. He has some wilderness experience and an exploratory personality. I think he'll be someone that needs little attention and is capable of making discoveries that no one else would have found. I believe he's gentle by nature, but is capable of a bit of a mean streak when there is a threat to himself and especially, to the rest of the group. In that sense, I suspect he'll inevitably die while defending one of us, but even in that sense, I think he prolongs the longevity of our overall group. RIP :p

Rogue Eagle - I think he'll be a good warrior / hunter type for the group. While there are many people that could fit this role, I think what makes him shine is that he can relax and be a valuable companion to each person in the group. I think part of him is a bit of a thrill seeker and that means when his adrenaline gets pumping that he's capable of making the impossible possible. I suspect him and gloosle would be close in our crew and that they would often go scouting together. This leaves me alone with the 2 lovely ladies and... Somniorum (sigh).

Somniorum - I think he'll be a bit of a cock block for me and prevent me from pursuing any intimate relations with either of the two lovely ladies. I don't think he'll do this intentionally, but it will be valuable as our survival chances would go down if they were pregnant. Joking aside (partly), I see him as a bit of an intellectual and possible a bit of a strategist. Inevitably, I think he'll work well beside SweetieDee on determining tasks that need to be completed. Nonetheless, I think he'll be mentally stable, trustworthy, dependable, and will help with keeping us on track. I think he may be a bit of a behind the scenes sort of guy that somewhat nags us a bit to get our individual tasks completed. "Did you ________ ?" If there's anyone I suspect I may kill in the group, Som would likely be it.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Somniorum - I think he'll be a bit of a cock block for me and prevent me from pursuing any intimate relations with either of the two lovely ladies.
(edit) actually, i'm not sure what to think of this : P been called a buzz-kill before, but not a cock-block... hrm, maybe they go hand in hand?

seriously, though, thanks for the vote of confidence (erm, not so much for the cock blocking, haha) but the rest ^^;

If there's anyone I suspect I may kill in the group, Som would likely be it.
good luck, lad, good luck ; )

(edit) actually, you'd probably do it with considerable ease : / hrmm, depending on the situation...

you probably shouldnt be telling the "behind the scenes (...) strategist" that you're going to kill him, though. : P

Reactions: Lad and Rogue Eagle

·
Registered
728 Posts
Forsaken me : "I like sex. I like sex a lot." I don't know much about her but this is good enough for me.

Rowingineden: "I think I would do pretty much anything with pretty much anyone, sexually." Thinks about sex all the time, good for interesting love triangles and hopefully a nudist, would create massive jealousies because she'd be sleeping with everyone.

SenhorFrio: Most likely to know which plants are poisonous and which ones you can make glue out of. Definitely down to go exploring, hiking, make musical instruments out of bamboo and develop spiritually influential religious rituals.

Acey: Won't steal my treasuried coconut that looks identical to Bruce Willis, will help everyone to get along and break up fights. Voted least likely to cannabalize in case of island-wide starvation.

Heartturnedporcelain: She's cute and so is her accent (Australian? Hope that's not a bad guess)

Gemofgreen: She's a firecracker and probably down to help me make sugar alcohol and get smashed.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Forsaken me : "I like sex. I like sex a lot." I don't know much about her but this is good enough for me.

Rowingineden: "I think I would do pretty much anything with pretty much anyone, sexually." Thinks about sex all the time, good for interesting love triangles and hopefully a nudist, would create massive jealousies because she'd be sleeping with everyone.

SenhorFrio: Most likely to know which plants are poisonous and which ones you can make glue out of. Definitely down to go exploring, hiking, make musical instruments out of bamboo and develop spiritually influential religious rituals.

Acey: Won't steal my treasuried coconut that looks identical to Bruce Willis, will help everyone to get along and break up fights. Voted least likely to cannabalize in case of island-wide starvation.

Heartturnedporcelain: She's cute and so is her accent (Australian?).

Gemofgreen: She's a firecracker and probably down to help me make sugar alcohol and get smashed.
I'll post my list up later, but I'd just like to say in response to quoted post, nymph squad much? Where's your attack coming from?

Reactions: gloosle and Lad

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'll post my list up later, but I'd just like to say in response to quoted post, nymph squad much? Where's your attack coming from?
I know, I cheated. I don't know enough about you guys to make a real list, I was just guessing and fantasizing about living on an island with INFP girls. I mean, when you get down to it, romance for me is more important than survival (-:

But seriously, hopefully people will make better lists than me and not pick people just cause they have cute accents.

Oh yeah, and I wanna add Fira, Calvaire, Murderregina, Darkestar.... heck all of the INFP girls.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Rogue Eagle is probably better suited and educated to deal with zombie apocalypses, but he'll try his best in whatever groups he is placed.

my INFP power 5 are as follows:

Lad - Seems pretty level headed and down to earth, seems to be a bit of a planner, can probably apply rational thinking to the given situation and come out with a good result. Seems like the best leader of the INFP race.

Izzie - Not for the company (haha :D) but I have a feeling if cannibals landed on the island, she'd be the one we give our pointy sticks to so she can run them down in a fit of rage while we all bolt it to the other side of the island until the chaos is over. Probably the cannon fodder person in the group.

Sweetiedee - Seems like a hardcore optimist, has the kind of 'don't worry guys, we'll pull through' persona thing going on. And if the group decides to settle down and start another race of people it'd be best if her DNA was in the blueprint so we get the combination of looks and personality.

Rowingineden - no doubt a favourite for many peoples groups, seeing as she is the blunt, brazen INFP powerhouse figure. Seems like a good complimentary figure to any group, providing the added testicles that may be required.

5th slot Wildcard: Fira, SenhorFrio, murderegina or thehigher. Any of you will do just to add a little icing to this very meaty infp cake.

theme song for group:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sadly I don't think I know most of you well enough to be able to answer this thread, but Lad, your threads are the best ever.

There are three people that I can loosely name:

Murderegina - you're super intelligent and thoughtful. I'm quite sure we'd be able to work our way around things, and agree on necessaries and unnecessaries, and I just feel we'd "click" and just be able to get along well in lots of aspects. Perhaps this is more suited for real life, though, and not being stranded.

AllorNuthin - I know you can be insecure, but I have a feeling you'd be forced to ditch this, more or less, if you were deserted on an island with only five other people. I mean, just trying to survive becomes necessary, and all of the things that seem to worry you would be nothing but a distant memory. You seem conflict-averse, definitely something crucial for a few people trying to live on an island together. You'd be a great mediator. That, and I'm pretty sure we'd have some crazy fun together.

Gloosle - You seem incredibly fun and I'm pretty sure you're pretty awesome. You seem outdoorsy and adventurous, surely things that would be crucial to survival on the island. I think you'd be able to ease our stress when the stress becomes overwhelming.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Rogue Eagle is probably better suited and educated to deal with zombie apocalypses, but he'll try his best in whatever groups he is placed.

my INFP power 5 are as follows:

Lad - Seems pretty level headed and down to earth, seems to be a bit of a planner, can probably apply rational thinking to the given situation and come out with a good result. Seems like the best leader of the INFP race.

Izzie - Not for the company (haha :D) but I have a feeling if cannibals landed on the island, she'd be the one we give our pointy sticks to so she can run them down in a fit of rage while we all bolt it to the other side of the island until the chaos is over. Probably the cannon fodder person in the group.

Sweetiedee - Seems like a hardcore optimist, has the kind of 'don't worry guys, we'll pull through' persona thing going on. And if the group decides to settle down and start another race of people it'd be best if her DNA was in the blueprint so we get the combination of looks and personality.

Rowingineden - no doubt a favourite for many peoples groups, seeing as she is the blunt, brazen INFP powerhouse figure. Seems like a good complimentary figure to any group, providing the added testicles that may be required.

5th slot Wildcard: Fira, SenhorFrio, murderegina or thehigher. Any of you will do just to add a little icing to this very meaty infp cake.

theme song for group: YouTube - Dragonball Z - Super Saiyan 3 Ascension Theme

What the........ O_____o

Ok firstly I thought you'd enjoy my company :sad: LOL!

And secondly, why on earth would you trust me enough to throw me to a bunch of cannibals?? You hate me so much you want to sacrifice me for the greater good of the group? o_O

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
What the........ O_____o

Ok firstly I thought you'd enjoy my company :sad: LOL!

And secondly, why on earth would you trust me enough to throw me to a bunch of cannibals?? You hate me so much you want to sacrifice me for the greater good of the group? o_O
you have a natural rage against males, by providing you with sharpened sticks we're giving you the tools to deal with the problem. I honestly feel more sorry for the cannibals.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rogue, you killed me with the nymph squad and izzie comments, lol. I've never laughed so hard on these forums.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I wonder if Kim Hyun Joong's INFP (I doubt he is)..But if he was and he was ever stuck somewhere with me, I'd have sex with him multiple times even if the other members in the survival team objected...

Eh..sorry if this is irrelevant.something is wrong with me today.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I really wish I was better at associating names with the people/posts better, but here goes:

Lad - methinks he'd be the leader of the group. He's got a good head on his shoulders, isn't afraid to do something questionable to get things done and knows how to work with people to motivate them or break them down as needed. I think he would control the group dynamics more than anyone else just through that. I see him being completely willing to make the tough decisions that no one else wants to, though that could lead to exasperation on his part. The biggest problem though would be trying to keep him from going off to find more adventure and challenge all the local wildlife as he's only good for the group alive and without some sort of injury/permanent disability from said encounters.

Rowingineden - There could be some issues between her and Lad, primarily over who's in charge, but I think that would be worked out relatively quickly and she'd have her role as the second-in-charge and do a very good job of it. Good with people, but very willing to call them out as needed and I don't think she'd have a problem with getting down to business and making things happen or getting dirty.

Gloosle - I know I technically wasn't supposed to read the rest of the thread first, but pretty much everything Lad said - independent, capable of taking care of himself, and he's already been doing the whole outdoors thing for a while now. Makes me think he's probably already had to be creative when it comes to making things work a few times and that will be very beneficial to the group in general.

Dary - He's studying bio and that is always a plus when it comes to living in someplace like a random island. Science minded and all that is always a plus. I think he's a little more laid back and all that, which will be necessary with several people in the group who are all ready to go out and DO things now. He'd help to keep the group from getting burned out as quickly, and I see him being able to take on a bit of a peacemaker role, but more of the "What the hell? Are you serious? This is what you're arguing about?!" type thing compared to how I'd go about it, which isn't usually effective when tempers are high.

I'm having trouble coming up with the last person that would fit the rest of the group dynamic... I may come back later and edit once I've come across someone and get that random Ah Ha! moment. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts