Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this has spawned because I just saw my two best friends tonight for the first time in months, and I need to talk about our amazing and unique love, and I would love to hear about the unique and amazing love you've got between yourself and your best friend(s).

For me, my two best friends are a couple together. We've been through so much, and we've only known each other two years. We can do anything together. Anything, anything. We've done awesome things together, such as browse the fine and not-so-fine offerings of NYC, and make sweet trips to Pennsylvania and upstate New York, and we've done things that'd otherwise be boring but were equally as awesome just because we're the best together, such as lay in bed and make fun of the commercials, because they all suck, and lay in bed and make fun of the tv shows, because they're all terrible. When we laugh together, I'm almost positive that I will die each time either from a lack of inhaled oxygen or a busted lung, or a popped brain vessel, or too much salt lost from all the laugh-crying. Sometimes we speak only in very unintelligent "sounds" such as bird calls, or weird bug sounds, or strange laughs or cries. We never stop making fun of one another. We mishear words each other says sort of often, and that will turn into a five minute long "conversation" of similar stupid words, or something.

For example, from tonight:
Me: Come on, Hams!
Best guy friend ever: Hams? Is that his name?
Me: No, Cole Hamels.
BGuFE: Cold Hams?
Best girl friend ever: Cold meat?
Me, BGuFE, BGiFE: Uncontrollable, excessive laugher.

Etc.

And then, just when you're thinking all three of us are complete idiots, I must tell you that we also have some pretty fucking awesome and engaging conversations, including existential things, real-world crises things, and lots of why this's and why that's.

And another awesome thing is we always draw or paint or make movies when we hang out. One thing she and I like to do is have him create a word, and then her and I will privately write down its definition in our little sketchbook. When we're both finished, we read it aloud. Sometimes her definition is some sort of freak animal, and mine is some sort of strange psychological occurrence, or vice versa.

Then other times we will privately draw crazy things, by slowly taking turns describing it. I'll say one thing, and we'll draw it until we're both finished. Then she'll say something else, and we'll draw that. Then me again, then her again, etc. For instance:
Me: It has large, buggy eyes.
Her: It has long, scraggly hair.
Me: It has a visible penis.
Her: It has sideways-pointing boobs.
Me: It has striped pants on.
Her: It has skinny lips.
Etc, etc, etc.

Then when we're done we show each other our beautiful pictures, and laugh for about three hours.

I love them.

So, how are you when you're with your best friends? What are you like? What do you do, and what makes them the best in the world?

·
Registered
733 Posts
It's been a long time since I've had a friend that's this close, but I love it when I can nonverbally communicate with a buddy, just look at him and he knows, "yeah lets bounce." I used to have a friend that I would go to blockbuster and wallmart with, we would have the greatest times just walking through stores and joking around. People thought we were gay. I miss my friend (he has kids now).

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I don't really have any "best friends", but I've several groups of friends who are absolutely hilarious to chill with. My fandom friends (HP type) are probably the most wild and when you get 3 or more of us together the number of inside jokes, book related and whatnot jokes pretty much ensure we're speaking a completely foreign language compared to anyone observing us. Even someone who's read Harry Potter would be lost. It's great.

My other (very small) group of friends are all therapist type peoples and so our jokes and whatnot tend to be much more sarcastic, ironic, and cynical with a lot of accronyms and "shop talk" throughout, even when speaking of something completely unrelated. It's quite amusing and leads to nearly as many weird looks as my fandom friends get.

Reactions: whiterwair

·
Registered
420 Posts
:sad:
One of my best friends just left for bootcamp on Saturday, wont be back till February.

My second best friends is drifting from me. He's an INTP, pretty sure he thinks I'm boring. Plus I'm getting tired of him being an ass for his own amusement even though he knows it bothers me.

My third best friend, well we had feelings for eachother and it got real awkward. Still awkward, and it's just not as easy as it used to be. The two of us used to just be on the same wavelength. That smart back and forth banter, is now gone.

My last best friend. Well he's my cousin, so he isn't going anywhere any time soon.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
It's very hard for me to explain..I'd just post my letters if it's okay with you..

Letters to my best friends

Dear my best friend A.,

You will be someone very influential one day. I have not found a person who has the same capacity for both transformative influence and self control like you do. I like it when you understand me without me asking you to, and you are the first female best friend who has guided me with such grace, amazement and sincerity. I wish you were less careful and uptight, though. You can go further in life, just leave behind the things that used to drag you down and waste your energy. In a world filled with fake motives, I am glad to know someone who values the authenticity of motives in human beings like you do. I’m sure there will be people in your life who feel the same or more about you.

Dear my best friend D.,

I feel you drifting apart lately, since you got engaged. We don’t talk like we used to. At times I miss your phone calls. You used to call me just to chat, talk about politics or to give me light when I felt stressed over my work or life in general. We would laugh at people and their stupidities together. Your humbleness touched me. I am sorry that I am often emotionally intense, and at times I did not control it well. I feel that maybe you had often thought of me as weird because of my attitude, but you tolerated me. I like how you are able to detect other people’s wants and needs with your humbleness. I wish you happiness and I sense even more happiness in your personal life to come.

Dear my best friend I.,

Someday you will be looked at as a responsible leader for the people who need it the most in your life. You will make a very organized head of household, because you are often a quick, great planner. Just please remember my advice, that not every solution has to have directness or aggression. Not everyone appreciates it. I like it when you were there to worry about people who might take advantage of me and I like it when you tried to stop me from being publicly insulted. Regardless of how you might be judged by many others, I view you as a gem. Be wise about your gifts and care to control your attitude sometimes, okay? *Smiles*

Dear my best friend S.,

My breath catches a little upon writing this letter. Honestly, you are one of the most beautiful souls I have ever known in my life and there are times when I have trouble expressing that. The trouble comes so often that I have withdrawn from you or I’ve had trouble with my own fingers. Even in your silence, you are always my solid rock. In spite of our closeness, you seem to be the one who expects the least from me. It is like a connection that I can rely on when I am too tired to answer to the world. I like how much you always stay true to your values, and at times care selflessly in terms of the greater good for everyone you know. Someday I might miss you very much that my heart might break. You will someday use your intelligence and laid back attitude to make a family very happy. The universe is dull without you. Or perhaps, my universe.

P/s I guess someone would think I'm exaggerating...but screw their judgmental, insecure shit. That's actually how I really feel and those have been our truest experiences at the core.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I dont have a best friend :(

Its usually my girlfriend at the time ..but am currently single...

been living out of a suitcase for about 15 years which may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i'm at my best with them. i'm funny, and smart and i talk aboutmy inner feeling. he's a great guy he really is
he's an INFJ btw

·
Registered
444 Posts
heh...i'm everything you'd think an INFP would be like around his pals.

one particular friend I've know basically my whole life, lived just a few streets away growing up and now lives at the house i just moved out from. We grew up together and such. We both get this sense of adventure and go out and do stupid things. often times fireworks or just fire is involved. haha, not so much any more. but we are close enough were we can have a silent conversation. Generally these silent conversations involve prank plotting. and we execute those with incredible precision. when me and him decide to mess with someone, it works 99% of the time. its a lot of fun.

One other friend is kind of in a different social group than me. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be an INTP. I have known him for my whole life as well. we used to go to church together, but both of us fell out of it. He's more into video games and makes me feel like a super extrovert. He has his group of friends that I find odd, but I get along with them great and really enjoy hanging out with them. They are super easy to entertain, and I love making people i'm familiar with laugh, conversation, etc.

I have 2 really close female friends. one is out of the country for around like a year. The only communication we have is Emails/letters. I went to HS with her, but didn't meet her till months after we graduated even though we have the same freinds. I've had this off and on crush on her for a long time. The other lady friend I've known since early HS and when I'm with her she tones me down, a lot. she rarely leaves the house - and is hard to get out to do things sometimes which drives me nuts. but i love talking with her - we are both very insightful and such, we love talking about group dynamics (i'm in the weirdest social group, unlike any other and everyone who sees us comments on it), movies, shows, theories. She is definitely a sensor probably an ISxJ. I should have my friends take this test. These girls are the ones I get the truly deep conversations with. which is what I really enjoy..

I have one other really good friend. He's the most unique of the group. He's rich. He's got that (in a not homosexual way) body, he has that "perfect" personality - if you know what I mean. He can woo any girl he wants with incredible ease. I still wonder how we got so close. In early HS i found him annoying. but now he is one of my best buddies. I cannot figure out what type he is. But I would describe us as identical opposites. He's easly an E and thrives off being social. he is one of the few Es that understands that that just not how i am. but he pushes me to be more E. And when just us two hang out, we have some of the best conversations, dealing from anything from witty humor to sports to scientific theories. I have learned that he's actually *jealous* of me (which just boggles my mind), he tells everyone he meets about me and the stupid jokes, pranks and such we have done which just makes me feel awkward, but i'm used to it so I just play along. so while I don't see him as often as i do other pals, me and him are in constant contact it seems. he is the one that is able to satisfy my sense of adventure and helps push me out to do something entirely new.

But yeah, I'm pretty lucky with friends I'd say.

·
Registered
183 Posts
So there are two scenarios,

Scenario 1: I'm with my best friend (NT) along with other close pals. We barely communicate by words. Just with a small sneaky everything is said and done. The rest of the time he's just pushing everyone's buttons, testing limits and I'm just sitting there absorbing anything and everything. Every now and then some of the other friends comment something on me or try to talk to me, I have to phase back to reality. I dunno what the person is talking about so I look at my friend, his expression tells me its something stupid, and then I phase into dreamland.

Scenario 2: When its just us both, we like to just sit down and discuss stuff for hours. It's our way analyzing this world. From every small detail to every connection or pattern that crosses those details. During this time we listen to some weird ass music, watch a strange movie, get into complex discussions that I don't think a lot can handle. Thereby screwing our minds beyond the imaginable. We call it our "N" session, cuz the rest of the groups are all S's.

ONce I remember, we took the whole gang to an cemetery at 2AM and this was 30 mins out in the country. We hadn't seen a streetlight for 30 mins straight and we turn into an old Ukranian cemetery. The cemetery stretched into the lake, which shown pale due to the moon, and dark trees. We were scared shitless but our curiosities were over powering us. So, basically we like stretching the limits a lot when we're together. That could also turn out to be dangerous though.

Reactions: whiterwair

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have 2 best friends. My first best friend I've known since we were 13. Our personalities are so different, we really don't have a lot in common. And we actually don't spend a lot of time together. But we have this kind of relationship where we both know that if ever our worlds came crashing down we are the people that will be there for each other no matter what. I'm listed as the caretaker for her child should she die....which is special considering she chose me over her sister or ex-husband. When we do spend time together it's mostly just mellow, we'll go over to each others house, break open a bottle of wine and lay in bed watching movies and talking.

My 2nd best friend is somebody I'm really close to and share almost everything with...and vice verse. We go to concerts together, eat out at restaurants, just get in the car and go on some kind of adventure. She's one of the few people I've ever cried in front of and poured my heart out to. We laugh at the most ridiculous things and can make any occasion fun. I love her like she's family...actually we refer to each other as 'sisters' instead of best friends. I'd do anything for her. :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
My best friend trio acts a lot like the OP's. We're so great when its the three of us, and its just not the same when one's missing. I can relate to the person who says their INTP thinks they're boring. I think I'm too weird for her sometimes too.

I have another group of best friends, and we've drifted apart since we were little (we've known each other since we were six) and its fun to hang but not like it used to be. There are still moments that make me want to cry though, it makes me happy we're such good friends. This group is like the OP's too, except they're a lot less N so I'm not as crazy around them. Unfortunately, the one I'm closest too is not the deeply caring type. He's very T and if only they cared more it would be about perfect. Well, I guess he does care, but hes not the type to really show it.

But I have seen people who are such good friends it makes my heart burst and makes me so happy and almost jealous. It even makes me tear up when I think about it. I know two guys who are such best friends they're like brothers. And their friendship is so close to ideal. It makes me so happy that that exists in this world. I've never had something quite like that. And I wonder if I ever will. I want it so bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts